• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where to find index.html

osc2010

Hi,

I was just assigned to revise some contents of my client's website. They use OSCommerce for website management.

I needed to fix something on their home page. So I went Admin area, selected File Manager and then found the index.php, not html file. I kept looking the html file but cannot find it.

Please tell me where I can find that particular file.

Thanks, Kote

Kote,

Sounds to me like you are way out of your league.

There is NO HTML files in osCommerce, they are all PHP files.

Further, if your clients site has a file manager in the admin area, the clients site is vulnerable to hackers and may in fact already be hacked. You need to secure it before doing anything else. Read and apply the recommendations found in these two threads:

url="http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=340995"]Admin Security[/url] and Website Security.

AFTER, you can edit the front page text by looking at the /includes/languages/english.php file for define (TEXT_MAIN which should contain the front page information. However, that MAY NOT be the case if your clients site has a template, uses STS or has an information management system installed.

In any of the above cases, I would (if I was you) let you client know that you have never worked with osCommerce before and that you will be learning using their site.

The learning curve is steep !

Chris

Archived