• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add descriptions to category listing

The descriptions I use for my items are simple, short and sweet. Isn't there a way to have them show up in category listing?

Thanks,

David Clark

Well, perhaps I wasn't clear. I have one category at present -- "Vegetables." Later on I will have herbs, etc

I get a listing of items in the vegetables category, but no description. I want to add the description which has info about units of sale, how many peppers are in a pound, that kind of stuff.

You'll need to be specific as to what page you want to add this information in.

You mean if somebody clicks vegetables they are taken to a page that list your sub-categories .. corn, alpha, squash.. whatever and you want this page to have some info standard info? Either in a side box or on the page itself?

Or on the specific product page you want to have this information in the description but you really don't want to copy + paste it for every single product?

Have you thought of adding the headertags seo contribution. This will allow you to create category and sub category text that is visiable when a user is on the category page. This code could be altered to do what you want. I am sure others will be along to give more ideas later.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 4 weeks later...

You'll need to be specific as to what page you want to add this information in.

You mean if somebody clicks vegetables they are taken to a page that list your sub-categories .. corn, alpha, squash.. whatever and you want this page to have some info standard info? Either in a side box or on the page itself?

Or on the specific product page you want to have this information in the description but you really don't want to copy + paste it for every single product?

I am trying to do what you are saying. where when a customer clicks on a category there could be an area to add information to the category page (catalog/index.php) where you could have something other than just a list of products and/or subcategories.

I am sure it could be added to the categories_description table somehow. I will have to search harder for contributions that may already exist.

I am trying to do what you are saying. where when a customer clicks on a category there could be an area to add information to the category page (catalog/index.php) where you could have something other than just a list of products and/or subcategories.

I am sure it could be added to the categories_description table somehow. I will have to search harder for contributions that may already exist.

I found this contrib. I believe it is what I am looking for. It may help you as well.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2343

Archived