• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category Listing Only

Hello --

I sell vegetables from my farm.

I have a changing list of items based on season, but I really want to be able to display just a list -- like we get when we click on the category I've created called "vegetables."

I really don't want "what's new" or "greatest sellers" or any other whizbang things. I just want a list so my regular customers can check what they want and move on with their life.

I'm not afraid of mucking with code but I wouldn't say I'm good at it.

I've looked at various add-ons, and I'm hoping there's a simple way to do this without adding a bunch of files and changing a bunch of code for a fix that ends up creating more problems than it solves.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

David Clark

The best sellers whats new all that stuff can be turned off in the admin section.

As far as the categories go there is an add-on called show hide categories. You can use this to hide a category and contents of it when item is out of season, turn it back on when back in season.

I'm not trying to hide categories. I can hide stuff that's not in season at the product level.

What I'm trying to do is turn off all the "what's new" crap and go straight to the list.

DC.

That's now what I'm talking about.

When the page first comes up, it says "What's new in July" with a grid of products.

In order to get to the category listing you have to click on the category.

I want it to just go straight into the category listing.

This is not something that is handled by Boxes, or if it is, it's mighty hidden.

That's now what I'm talking about.

When the page first comes up, it says "What's new in July" with a grid of products.

In order to get to the category listing you have to click on the category.

I want it to just go straight into the category listing.

This is not something that is handled by Boxes, or if it is, it's mighty hidden.

That one is not really a box, its considered a module. I know its kind of weird they didn't include an auto turn off but you can do it pretty simply.

Open catalog/index.php

Around line 88

Find

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

And just comment it out like this

<?php //include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

There is 2 new products thingy mabobs.

The first one is called What's New and its located in your left or right column, by default its in the left column. Its disable via the first method, last one listed in catalog/admin/modules/boxes

The other one is the big grid thing on the homepage called New Products for the Month of (X) and list like 8 products on the bottom of the homepage. That one is disabled via the second method.

Archived