• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Even new sites are above us in Google

WebDev22

We have a site (www.wolfftanning.com) that was moved to osCommerce a couple of years ago. Ultimate SEO URLs and Header Tags SEO v3.1.6 are both installed. However, we cannot figure out why we can't climb past page 10 or so for the keyword phrase "tanning beds". We've noticed new sites are often ranking higher than us. Any ideas?

We have a site (www.wolfftanning.com) that was moved to osCommerce a couple of years ago. Ultimate SEO URLs and Header Tags SEO v3.1.6 are both installed. However, we cannot figure out why we can't climb past page 10 or so for the keyword phrase "". We've noticed new sites are often ranking higher than us. Any ideas?

Let me reply on personal experience.

The number one problem is duplicate content - descriptions. titles (currently I'm plagued by broken links after installed addons but fixed now, Google hammered me on this)

Google webmaster tools is great help

What realy makes a diffrence is the product title tags and description tags and then the content.

Having same title as description does not help much. Google want to see that the page will be relevant to someone searching for "tanning beds"

Yours got e.g.: wolfftanning com/rejuvasun-with-omnilux-p-292.html

<meta name="Description" content="E3 Commercial Tanning Beds - Rejuvasun™ 34 with Omnilux™" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="E3 Commercial Tanning Beds , Rejuvasun™ 34 with Omnilux™" >

Increase the description length, tanning beds to appear in page content and even Headings - <h1>,<h2> tags, else tanning beds not so relevant for search

When making up new product, image names to say e.g. tanning-bed-rejuvasun.jpg, always use - for word breaks in file names

Hope this helps

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

Archived