• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Good addons for 2.3.1

xciso

What add ons you include depends on what you want your store and admin to do. What to add it entirly up to you as you know your store. I would personally add an SEO contribution. I use headertags SEO as it does what i want it to. There are others which are commonly used. Search the add ons section to find what you want.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Check out my signature, it has the contributions that I use and I'm happy with all of them.

Anyone reading this: what would say is the best "shorter checkout process" contribution for osc 2.3? I'm in need of one and want some opinions on the best.

- Luc

My Installed Contributions:

1. Ultimate SEO URLs V 2-2.2d-X

2. Quantity Box on Product Info Page

3. httpbl4osc Version 1.1.0

4. QTpro for osc 2.3

5. Header Tags SEO V 3.0 (For 2.3)

6. DHTML State Selection for 2.3.1

And Good To Know:

I use a 960gs fluid style sheet.

I do have a honey pot on my website.

Store Version: 2.3

“Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

- Lance Armstrong

Check out my signature, it has the contributions that I use and I'm happy with all of them.

Anyone reading this: what would say is the best "shorter checkout process" contribution for osc 2.3? I'm in need of one and want some opinions on the best.

- Luc

Shorter Checkout for osCommerce 2.3X

Addons i will have is:

Fast and short checkout.

Contribution like CCGV.

Related prodcut.

Good SEO, Someone say jack_mcs and someone say FWR Media. And who has right?

I will also change my design, and i will start reading the basic guide.

I dont know if it is good or bad to install this 2 addons.

Modular Front Page

Dynamic Template System

It excist so many contrubitions that are doing the same but under diffrent names, and with 2.3 i am new, so i dont know which is best.

What SEO do you like best? I want all addons for SEO i can get :D

And ofcurse the same thing with the others i write above.

It excist so many contrubitions that are doing the same but under diffrent names, and with 2.3 i am new, so i dont know which is best.

What SEO do you like best? I want all addons for SEO i can get :D

And ofcurse the same thing with the others i write above.

I use Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d for 2.3 because it is compatable with all my other contributions I use(see sig) and the catagory paths are especialy SEO friendly because you can coustomize the product urls so much i.e. append product catagory, filter out short words.

You should try Header Tags SEO V 3.0. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising. You would have to manually enter in the prouduct meta keywords and description and I would use it if you don't already have a load of products in your catalog.

Now a question: Does anyone know if the above two mentioned contributions are compatiable with each other, or will my shop implode from the "baking soda" and "vinegar".

- Luc

4. QTpro for osc 2.3

And Good To Know:

- Lance Armstrong

Now a question: Does anyone know if the above two mentioned contributions are compatiable with each other, or will my shop implode from the "baking soda" and "vinegar".

- Luc

Yes, they are fine together. Header Tags SEO is also helpful if you have lots of products, because of the auto-fill option there.

Do you guys know anymore good?

Here's the overview of the other 3 that I have. (All are for osc 2.3)

• Quantity Box on Product Info Page
    http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7914
    The name explains it all, it's a very simple edit.

• httpbl4osc Version 1.1.0
    http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7786
    Keep know and suspisious spammers of your website and away from your conntact us, write a review create an account, and any other pages of you chossing. I never got a smap message again from my reviews of conntact us page after I installed it. Never!

• QTpro for osc 2.3
    http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7786
    Quntity per product attribute. Takes some time to install it, but about a week ago I installed it. I then greatly updated and changed the instruction manual to make it much easier to install and uploaded it as a package. I didn't change the code altought I did point to area's where some people were having bugs. If you have a problem installing this, I might help you in the fourms. It is a very nice addon and contribution!

Another question: Does anyone know of any contributions for 2.3 that can be used to print the invoice or make a better invoice/packing slip, or something that can make it into a pdf?

Also, how benificial is ORDER TRACKING v3.0 for osCommerce v2.3.1 for those that have it?

Thanks, Luc

4. QTpro for osc 2.3

And Good To Know:

- Lance Armstrong

Hi and thanks for the tips.

I cant really decid if i will go for jack´s seo addons or fwr media.

Jack = Ultimate seo urls + Header Tags SEO

FWR = Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO + KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags

Which of them are really the best?

I cant so much about seo, and i dont think non of them is shit. But i want the best seo i can get, and ofcurse addons ho working with other addons.

About images.

In Oscommerce 2.2 many guys use "Additional Images" to have more then one image.

In 2.3 i know that i can use more then one. (i dont know how many), but is it any modul i should use for better thumbs or something?

Please fill in other good addons here too!

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just seen your post. though it is getting a little old I want to add this.

No matter what addon you decide be very careful. Many simply do not work or work as expected. I have installed several but most required a great deal of efffort and time. The addage "you get what you pay for" applies.

Good luck

For seo mods I use all those from jack_mcs. They all work together and give good results. So intall ultimate urls, headertags seo, all products, sitemap seo, just to get thing rolling. I also use cross sell products, star products, featured products, quantity on product info page, fancier invoice and packing slips, recaptcha addon to stop spam, sererate pricing per customer, options as images because we have lots of options on our products, and there may be more.

Then on the admin side i use margin report, inventory report, stocktaking cost, quick updates, recover cart sales, mailbeez, royal mail shipping, qtpro and many many more.

Everything depends on the functions you require for your store. The chances are that if you need it, someone has made an add on for it. I would personally not install anything that is not supported or regularly updated.

The tips and tricks section is very good. The site search function is rubbish so use google to search for threads and help. Just place oscommerce before your search term.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Another question: Does anyone know of any contributions for 2.3 that can be used to print the invoice or make a better invoice/packing slip, or something that can make it into a pdf?

Also, how benificial is ORDER TRACKING v3.0 for osCommerce v2.3.1 for those that have it?

Thanks, Luc

There is an invoice contribution here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8362/v,23

I don't know if it is any good though. It doesn't have any screenshots and I haven't tried it yet. I plan to soon.

There is also a contribution for version 2.2 that creates a PDF invoice: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3027/v,22

I used it on my 2.2 shop and really liked it. However, you might need to convert it to 2.3 for it to work.

• 7 months later...

Hello guys,

I'm looking for a module that will give me the option to offer accessories for a product, let's say for a bouquet of flowers accessories like a vase, or a chocolate cake. Is there a code already developed for this type of feature?

Many thanks

• 9 months later...

@@VinylDesigns - have a go at coding it yourself. If you look at how (for example) the $product_info['products_date_available'] is got and shown that will give you a good idea of what you need to do.

You need to output products_quantity and products_ordered from the products table onto the product info page

I have just installed 2.3.1.

Personally I would start with osC v2.3.3.4.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Archived