• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Language problem

Bojann

Hi, I installed Os Commerce on my site located at www.arkadna-prodavnica.com and I have one problem. Site is working fine, but I can' acces my admin panel. If I go to: http://www.arkadna-prodavnica.com/admin/login.php i get error:

Warning: require(includes/languages/serbian.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/podmorni/public_html/stick/prodavnica/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 167

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/serbian.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/podmorni/public_html/stick/prodavnica/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 167

I checked a thousand of times. serbian.php is located where it should be. It worked fine untill I started to add english translation for my producsts specifications. I wasn't using admin panel to add desctiption. I went through PhpMyAdmin to add those since in my admin panel didn't remember any changes. Everything on site is working fine apart from my admin panel. Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

If the file name and location are exact matches, I note that I have seen many complaints about includes/application_top.php being unable to include or require includes/someotherfile.php. I'm told that PHP 5 has not changed how it interprets its include_path, but I remain suspicious. I don't know if adding .. to the include_path (in php.ini) or changing application_top.php to drop the includes/ part of the request would work better (if at all), but either may be worth a try.

I also had to get my version of Snowball II in there... :)

The name is perfectly matched. As I sadi, shop is working fine. I only have problem accesing admin panel.

MrPhill, can you please tell me what part of code should I remove?

One of these three fixes might work:

1. In your php.ini file, add

include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/podmorni/public_html/stick/prodavnica:/home/podmorni/public_html/stick/prodavnica/admin'

This one may have trouble with picking up the wrong includes/ directory. In that case, try

include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:./admin'

or even

include_path='.:..:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php'

2. In admin/includes/configure.php, change

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

to

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', '');

3. In admin/includes/application_top.php, change

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

to

require('languages/' . $language . '.php');

If none of them work consistently (and don't cause other errors), and you're sure that you have the file /home/podmorni/public_html/stick/prodavnica/admin/includes/languages/serbian.php (and it's readable, permissions 644), then I don't know where to go from here. If the problem is only with admin, maybe something can be done with the include_path -- perhaps your host can give advice.

Archived