• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Finding my root folder?

WayneD

Someone please help me...I downloaded OScommerce and have started setting up my site loading photos etc..

Ive changed the banners through banner manager etc, but I want to change the size of the banner at the top of my page. All the searches I have done on how to do this, tells me I need to

change it in the root folder..How do I find the root folder? (sad I know, but I did this late at night)

Wayne,

The default size for the header banner is 572px by 60px. You can change the height in the stylesheet by editing this line:

#header {

height: 60px;

}

If you wish to change the width, you will need to edit the header to move the buttons on the right side, if not they will overlap your header image or be pushed to the next row by your header.

Chris

Thanks Chris, but where do I find the stylesheet ? thats the problem I'm having..I dont know where the root folder is, so I can find the stylesheet..

Wayne,

The default size for the header banner is 572px by 60px. You can change the height in the stylesheet by editing this line:

#header {

height: 60px;

}

If you wish to change the width, you will need to edit the header to move the buttons on the right side, if not they will overlap your header image or be pushed to the next row by your header.

Chris

Wayne,

If your store is located at www.yourdomain.com then your root folder is / and if your store is located in mydomain.com/catalog/ then your root folder is /catalog/

Chris

Archived