• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping Cart Only Holds/Remembers One Product

beebee99

Hi Forums!

I'm having a problem with a store I built. When you add a product to the cart it will only hold or show one product at a time. So as soon as I add my second product it will delete the first product and only show me the newest product.

I've searched around in the forums and another post said their might be an issue in the catalog/includes/configure.php file. I've looked through it and I can't see anything wrong with it.

Does anyone know what the issue might be? The store is installed a few layers/folders deep.

Here is my configure.php file contents:

<?php

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.domainnamehere.com/clients/clientname');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.domainnamehere.com/clients/clientname');

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.domainnamehere.com/clients/clientname');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.domainnamehere.com/clients/clientname');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/shop/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/shop/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/dlane/public_html/domainnamehere/clients/clientname/shop/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxx');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxx');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxx');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

?>

Check to see if your configuration says the max number of items in a cart is 1. The default should be 99, but maybe someone changed it. It should be in the admin section under "Product Quantities In Shopping Cart". If you can't find it, in phpMyAdmin you should be able to examine the "configuration" table and look for the row with "configuration_title" of "Product Quantities In Shopping Cart", and update "configuration_value" if necessary:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description,
configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Product Quantities In Shopping Cart', 'MAX_QTY_IN_CART', '99',
'Maximum number of product quantities that can be added to the shopping cart (0 for no limit)', '3', '19', now());

Hi there. I cant find that in the OSC admin but I did go into PHP my admin

The table configuration has the following values and doesn't say anything that looks like a "1":

configuration_id type: int(11) Collation: blank Attributes: blank Null: No Default: blank Extra: auto_increment

configuration_title type: varchar(255) Collation: latin1_swedish_ci Attributes: blank Null: No Default: blank Extra: blank

configuration_value type: text Collation: latin1_swedish_ci Attributes: blank Null: No Default: blank Extra: blank

I don't see it set to one. What else might I try?

I don't think you found the right one. The only "Maximum Values" I see in the database is for a different table and a different meaning. The title should be "Product Quantities In Shopping Cart" and description "Maximum number of product quantities that can be added to the shopping cart (0 for no limit)". The default value is 99... is yours 1?

Are you looking at the .sql file? That only has the initial setup. You need to browse the "configuration" table in phpMyAdmin to see what the current value is.

Hi Mr. Phil.

sorry if my response was confusing. I found it in the OSC Admin under Configuration --> Maximum Values. It is/was set to 99. You said to check the database in PhyMy Admin if I could not find it, but I did find it in the OSC Admin.

IS there another place I am suppose to look in or another idea on why this might be happening? Most of the posts I found said configure.php problems especially with SSL etc. Not sure if that is my problem but I dont see anything wrong with my file.

As I said, I don't think the "Maximum Values" entry is what you're looking for. That should be controlling something else. Go into phpMyAdmin, browse table "configuration". The first column (field) is named "configuration_title". Look in that column/field for "Product Quantities In Shopping Cart". Look at the third field, "configuration_value". This would normally be 99 (the installation default) or 0 (no limit). See if yours is 1.

Thanks Phil.

These are really good instructions which I appreciate but when I click the "Edit" or "Change" icon for the configuration_title table I get a two column list. There is no third column. I see the first column which is "Rows" and the second column which says "configuration_title". As I said, there is no 3rd column nor any way to edit the two columns. Not sure if I missed a step?

Oh and when I looked at the configuration_value table there is no entry for "Product Quantities".

I have no idea what you're looking at. I can bring up phpMyAdmin and select my osC database. I then click on the "configurations" table, which brings up a grid. Each row corresponds to one record (row) in the table. The columns are checkboxes, edit (pencil), delete (X), and a column for each field in the table (showing its value). The first one is labeled "configuration_title". I go down to the one which says "Product Quantities In Shopping Cart" (it may not be on the first page!) and look two columns to the right, which is the "configuration_value". Is it 1? If I need to edit, I click the edit pencil. I get columns "Field", "Type", "Function", "Null", and "Value". Go down the "Field" column to the third row -- it should be "configuration_value". What's in the "Value" column? If it's "1", that's your problem -- change to 0 (unlimited) or 99 (the default), and click the "Go" button at lower right. If it's not 1, the problem is elsewhere.

• 2 months later...

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having this problem on my site today. The cart was working fine last week and I haven't changed any of the code since then.

I checked my admin/configuration/maximum values "Product Quantities In Shopping Cart" and it was set to 99. I changed it to 0 (for no limit). I checked in both the admin interface and the database itself, both are showing 0 but the cart is still only holding one item. Do you have any other ideas for how to address this fix?

Archived