• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Display sub-category items by asending price

88guy

My apologies: I posted this identical question, on this forum, about 4 years ago....but I can't find the post. At that time, I was putting together a cart for a mattress store - now, I'm just upgrading the same guy's site. Here's what I am trying to do. I add categories (eg. "Economy Mattresses") and within those categories I add the various models as sub-categories. I want the sub-categories (which are, really, the individual models) to display by mattress size which, of course, corresponds to the price. In other words (for anyone vaguely familiar with mattress sizes) I want the sub-category page to list twin, then full, then queen, then king. And, twin sets are always cheaper than full sets, and full sets are always cheaper than queen sets, etc. I know that making this happen involved adding one line - something like "SORT BY ASC" somewhere. But I'm 59, in crappy health, and I have a migraine headache!

I hate like hell to bug the smart people here, with this - but if I have to go through every file on the old cart I'll be doing this until tomorrow. Can someone tell me what I need to change.....?

Archived