osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to calculate

kelly236

Hi everyone,

I just recently got a customer from Australia in

CANBERRA, 2607

ACT, Australia

and I'm getting this error now from my USPS module, can anyone please help me?

my store version is an old 2.2 and my USPS version is usps.php 5.2.0

here is the error

United States Postal Service

-2147218043 - Unable to calculate international postage

Thank you,

Kelly

Kelly,

Have signed up for international shipping with USPS ? Is the customers postal code valid ? Is the USPS server responding normally ? (sometimes it is off and on)

Chris

Chris,

Thank you so much for your response I really appreciate your time, yes you know I've never had any trouble till now with USPS I did Google the address and it came up OK but using the USPS calculator it says There are NOT any Mail Services available for the specified mail piece, I sell rolls of fabric which are about 54" in height, so I don't know I just turned on UPS which I don't like to use for international cause it's so expensive but the Worldwide Expedited worked so as far as USPS I just don't get why it won't work. Anyway I'm going on and on, Thanks again for your help I just don't know what to do now and to answer your questions;

Have signed up for international shipping with USPS ? YES Is the customers postal code valid ? YES Is the USPS server responding normally ? YES (sometimes it is off and on) yes it works well with all my other International shipments except this address

CANBERRA, 2607

ACT, Australia

I don't get it!

Thank you so much again for your time

Kelly

Chris

Hi,

I did notice something different after doing some digging, when I went to use the USPS calculator and selected the large package it asks for the dimensions, well I'm selling fabrics so a roll of fabric is 54 inches in height after reviewing the USPS table for shipping to that address I notice that the limit on package length is 46 inches so I tried that and it worked, but the cart doesn't have dimensions, as I understand it, it only works on weight so why does it still not work? does anyone know if dimensions can be set in a cart? Thanks to everyone and Chris for all your support

Kelly

I have found in the USPS module the International dimensions but when I set the length to the allowed 46 inches I only get this option

Global Express Guaranteed (GXG)**

which is not even shown as a shipping option and the price is $298.00

I guess it's the only thing USPS can send back, but weird how I only have USPS GXG Envelopes as an option in my module

and not Global Express Guaranteed (GXG)** I guess my only choice would be to manually calculate the shipping for this address

Kelly