• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to change page titles

Hello

I want to change the following page titles that appear in the web browser at the top

Shipping & Returns - for example it says Shipping & Returns, information at Irh Media, Shipping, packaging and handling.

I want the above page title to just read Shipping and Returns

Privacy Notice

Conditions of Use

Contact Us

Can someone help me out and let me know how to do this, I cant find the solution anywhere within the forum

Thanks

Ian

The titles are located in the files with the same name in the includes/languages/english/ directory. Also see Basic question for RC2 shops and Basic questions for 2.3 shops.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I looked in that folder and couldnt see what part to change for the page title

All I saw was where it says Shipping & Returns

It's the actual title that appears in the browser bar at the top I want to change to just say Shipping & Returns instead of Shipping & Returns, information at Irh Media, Shipping, packaging and handling.

Is it possible to send a screenshot of what I need to change

Thank you do appreciate the help

I looked at the links you gave as well but didnt help me much on how to change the title

Sorry

Ian

You have to figure out what page is displaying and find that same page name in the languages directory. Since there isn't a page named Shipping & Returns I can't tell you where to look. Try it on one of the obvious pages first, like privacy.php. It is also possible that you have a template installed that is ignoring the standard way of doing things in oscommerce. That is fairly common with templates. As for an image, when you post your reply, there is a place to add an image.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived