• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add More Fields

two issues/questions I have not seen yet in the thread:

1. Do I have to have "Easy Populate" installed? as there is warning "Easy Populate is not installed"

2. the pop up is not found when clicking Explain options in admin, but the popup file exists in the right location, suggestions?

1 - I tested it here and it is working fine. You may want to try a different browser to see if that makes a difference.

2 - No, Easy Populate is not required.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@vampirehunter

Extra Product Fields allows you to generate text input boxes for the categories.php file and subsequently the product_info.php file. The fields that you create are displayed on the product information pages.

Chris

@@vampirehunter

Extra Product Fields allows you to generate text input boxes for the categories.php file and subsequently the product_info.php file. The fields that you create are displayed on the product information pages.

Chris

ok thanks

what kind of fields would you normally create then with this plugin? and is this the best one for 2.3.2 or is there another one also?

there is this one i saw

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7810/v,23

would you say this jackmcs plugin is better?

i struggle very much to decide which is the best plugins. from past experiences i know several plugins which totally destroy your shop.

so im very scared to take a risk unless i know its been working by multiple people.

Edited by vampirehunter

To clarify what Chris said, this one allows you to create the fields and you can include the new fields in the product description, all from admin. The next version has the option of allowing the fields to be placed elsewhere on the product page, anywhere actually, but I don't know when it will get released since I don't have a lot of free time lately. As far as the other contributions that add extra fields, I've tried one or two of them, but not in a long while so I may be mistaken, but as far as I know, this is the only one that lets the new fields to be added to the easy populate code, automatically. So if you use easy populate, this allows you to edit those fields with it. So, in short, this one allows what the others do and more.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

hello, thx for this contribution. its working, but i get an error message only when i add the drop down option and try to insert a product. the error message came directly after i click insert product.

=======================================

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/macrotro/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/macrotro/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php:136) in /home/macrotro/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

when i go back to the catalog the product exist.

varchar, text and int are working great.

any hint will be appreciated.

another question: is it possible to add a radio button ? just line the in stock and out of stock.

thank you!!!!

hello, thx for this contribution. its working, but i get an error message only when i add the drop down option and try to insert a product. the error message came directly after i click insert product.

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/macrotro/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line

another question: is it possible to add a radio button ? just line the in stock and out of stock.

I added a new product here with a dropdown and it worked without errors. What oscommerce version are you using? php version? mysql version?

No, you can't add a radio button. I'll try to include that option in the next release though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I added a new product here with a dropdown and it worked without errors. What oscommerce version are you using? php version? mysql version?

No, you can't add a radio button. I'll try to include that option in the next release though.

i uploaded the categories.php as it is provided by you, i still get the same error.

i'm using

OSC 2.3.1,

PHP version 5.2.17

MySQL version 5.0.95-community

Thank you!

i uploaded the categories.php as it is provided by you, i still get the same error.

i'm using

OSC 2.3.1,

PHP version 5.2.17

MySQL version 5.0.95-community

Thank you!

It should work fine with those. There could be a mistake in this addon's code but until I can reproduce it I can't find and fix it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It should work fine with those. There could be a mistake in this addon's code but until I can reproduce it I can't find and fix it.

thank you Jack for the follow up.

1 more question. i created a new drop-down field with 2 values (value-1, value-2), should i see those values in database field? i'm having only the value "array" or empty field. is that normal?

1 more question. i created a new drop-down field with 2 values (value-1, value-2), should i see those values in database field? i'm having only the value "array" or empty field. is that normal?

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "in database field." Please explain that and I will try to answer your question.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "in database field." Please explain that and I will try to answer your question.

really sorry for my english.. i mean if i insert a new product with the "value-1", if i go to phpmyadmin what will display in the products table ?

really sorry for my english.. i mean if i insert a new product with the "value-1", if i go to phpmyadmin what will display in the products table ?

You have to create a filed first using this contribution in admin->Catalog. Then when you add a product, you can look that product up in the database and see the field there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to create a filed first using this contribution in admin->Catalog. Then when you add a product, you can look that product up in the database and see the field there.

that's what i did, i can see the field in the database, but the fields have the value "array" or "null", is that ok ? or should they have the value i specified when i create the drop down field (value-1, value-2, value-3,...)

thank you for your cooperation.

that's what i did, i can see the field in the database, but the fields have the value "array" or "null", is that ok ? or should they have the value i specified when i create the drop down field (value-1, value-2, value-3,...)

thank you for your cooperation.

They should be as you entered them in the option list column.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 5 months later...

I added a field to the Products table and deleted it and now it's still showing up in my product listings table on the site and I can't find it anywhere in the database to get rid of it. I can't get it off my product listings table no matter what I try to do. I even deleted the Add More Fields files and started over and it's still there.

I added a field to the Products table and deleted it and now it's still showing up in my product listings table on the site and I can't find it anywhere in the database to get rid of it. I can't get it off my product listings table no matter what I try to do. I even deleted the Add More Fields files and started over and it's still there.

I figured it out. It had nothing to do with this contribution. I've been trying to upgrade my Oscommerce Shop to 2.3 and copy everything over from Oscommerce MS2. It was a setting in the includes/languages/english/index.php file that was set.

• 2 months later...

I can not seem to find the answer so I hope you can help me

I have been trying to install Add More Fields to OSC 2.3.3 but I have a issue or confusion.

Step 7. In admin/categories.php Line 823 and 925, I can not find the in 2.3.3 what to change/add.

Is this because I am using 2.3.3? Is there a work around or suggestions?

Thank you for helping

• 3 weeks later...

I have added several extra fields to my store. They all work fine. The problem im having is, how do i add my new fields to $order to i can call them to show on the checkout confirmation page and in the order process email the customer and i receive? There is very little info on there. I would like to show the size, color, fabric, etc not just the name, qty, price and total

Can anyone help me with this. Looked everywhere and seems a little in-depth for me to tackle myself.

thx

This addon only allows fields to be added to the products and products description tables. I don't think there is an addon that will do what you want since the order table is used in many places. You'll most likely have to do that by hand.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I could probably do that if someone could point me in the right direction. In which file are is the product info/shopping cart items added to the orders_products table? My store is really stripped down with no customer log-ins, so im not worried about the many places. I would only have to code from shopping cart to checkout.

• 1 month later...

Hello @@Jack_mcs,

I want to display the values of the custom fields to the product page. For example, if I want the model number to show up on the product page, I would simply place

<?php echo ($product_info['products_model']); ?>

anywhere on the page. I am trying to get the value of the field "Platform" to appear on the product page by using

<?php echo ($product_info['products_platform']); ?>

since it's in the same table as products_model.

Everything shows up in the database and store admin just fine but I'm having difficulty getting the values to show up on the shop side.

Thanks in advance for your help

Edited by discxpress