• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add More Fields

If I look at your "AddMoreFields_V_1.3\Use_if_version_greaterthan_2.3\catalog\admin/categories.php" there is no lines that have have"elseif (temp_not_null)"

If I look at your "AddMoreFields_V_1.3\Use_if_version_lessthan_2.3\catalog\admin/categories.php" IT IS THERE

do I just have the wrong instructions?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I look at your "AddMoreFields_V_1.3\Use_if_version_greaterthan_2.3\catalog\admin/categories.php" there is no lines that have have"elseif (temp_not_null)"

If I look at your "AddMoreFields_V_1.3\Use_if_version_lessthan_2.3\catalog\admin/categories.php" IT IS THERE

do I just have the wrong instructions?

This has been answered.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I used all the files in the package, i have a clean installation without any other contributions, so it has to work just fine...

Now, it is working just great, but on the "Catalog->Add more fields" page i'm getting the menu twice.

Once as it is normally in the admin panel, and once just all the links beneath each other...

Configuration

Administrators

Store Logo

My Store

Minimum Values

Maximum Values

Images

Customer Details

Shipping/Packaging

Product Listing

Stock

Logging

Cache

E-Mail Options

Download

GZip Compression

Sessions

Add More Fields

Catalog

Categories/Products

Products Attributes

Manufacturers

Reviews

Specials

Products Expected

Add More Fields

Modules

Action Recorder

Boxes

Dashboard

Header Tags

Order Total

Payment

Shipping

Social Bookmarks

Customers

Customers

Orders

Locations / Taxes

Countries

Zones

Tax Zones

Tax Classes

Tax Rates

Localization

Currencies

Languages

Orders Status

Reports

Products Viewed

Products Purchased

Customer Orders-Total

Tools

Action Recorder

Database Backup

Banner Manager

Cache Control

Define Languages

Send Email

Newsletter Manager

Security Directory Permissions

Server Info

Version Checker

Who's Online

I used all the files in the package, i have a clean installation without any other contributions, so it has to work just fine...

Now, it is working just great, but on the "Catalog->Add more fields" page i'm getting the menu twice.

Once as it is normally in the admin panel, and once just all the links beneath each other...

I'm not sure I understand the problem but if you used the completed files, all I can think of is that you used the wrong version or there is some mistake in them I am not aware of.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i did all the required steps, using the greaterthen 2.3 version on my 2.3.1 shop.

i reached the step where i have to find

} elseif (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
  $pInfo->objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
  $products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];
  $products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];
  $products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

but i didn't find a single piece of it. can you guide in this procedure ?

Thanks!!

Hi, i did all the required steps, using the greaterthen 2.3 version on my 2.3.1 shop.

i reached the step where i have to find

} elseif (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
  $pInfo->objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
  $products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];
  $products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];
  $products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

but i didn't find a single piece of it. can you guide in this procedure ?

Thanks!!

It has been answered in this thread already. The short answer is to skip it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

First off, even though I haven't been able to full get everything working, TY Jack for an AWESOME contribution. I'm a total newb so sorry if this question is obvious but I've been trying to figure this one out and it doesn't seem to have been answered yet on the forum.

I can't find "$pInfo->products_url = tep_db_prepare_input($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']]);" anywhere in the categories.php file. Am I missing something or is this another vestige of the old version in the instructions.

TY in advance!

Edited by TheGrandAgora

Oh, and I can't find "echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_url[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']])));" either in my categories.php file. I am running 2.3.1 and using the correct install files.

TY again!

@@wooha - I was wondering if you got your error fixed cause I created an item and now I get an error when I try to delete it -

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Condition' at line 1

alter table products_description drop Condition

[TEP STOP]

First off, even though I haven't been able to full get everything working, TY Jack for an AWESOME contribution. I'm a total newb so sorry if this question is obvious but I've been trying to figure this one out and it doesn't seem to have been answered yet on the forum.

I can't find "$pInfo->products_url = tep_db_prepare_input($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']]);" anywhere in the categories.php file. Am I missing something or is this another vestige of the old version in the instructions.

TY in advance!

Be sure you are using the correct version for your shop. There are completed files in the package which you can use, if the file hasn't been altered in your shop, or to compare with using a program like WinMerge.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am - my store is a new 2.3 install and I am using the 2.3 install files. I tried just copying the completed files directly from your install, but that didnt work either. I see the options to create items and I can create but I cant delete them and I cant access my items or I get that SQL syntax error.

I will delete everything and start from scratch again to see if I did something wrong.

TY again for your contribution and guidance Jack. Your efforts to help are truly remarkable.

I have used the Add_More_Fields contribution successfully to add five fields for the Product Table. These appear to actually be loaded physically in the Add_More_Fields Table as opposed to physically in the Product Table. I had used the option to add these to Easy Populate & it reported that this was done. With the one array line modified to allow me to enter the actual field names and the display names. I can add records with these five new fields.

In the contribution "Satisfying Google/base with the v2.3.1 DB and EasyPopulate" you replied "The answers are here but you don't seem to want to accept them. Install Add More Fields, or some other contribution if you prefer, add the fiels to Easy Populate (Add More Fields does that for you), enable the option to use the fields in the google feeder file (the names of the database fields have to match) and you're all done. "

I seem to be missing the step that allows me to run the Easy Populate creating a Froogle file on the fly and have it get my 5 new fields out of the Add_More_Fields table instead of the real Product Table. When you say "the names of the database fields have to match" do you mean that, as an example, I should have added a field called "product_type" instead of "producttype" and "google_product_category" instead of "googleproductcategory" and "condition" instead of "conditions"? Also please explain where you "add the fields" for Easy Populate since it is a program/script and not a table.

There is a pretty good paragraph entitled "BEGIN Define Custom Fields for your products database" around line 250 in Easy Populate. It seems to me that the EP program is looking for new fields physically in the Product Table, not Add_More_Fields fields for the Product Table which are physically in the Add_More_Fields table.

Thanks

Joseph E. "Joe" Stephenson
[email protected]

I have used the Add_More_Fields contribution successfully to add five fields for the Product Table. These appear to actually be loaded physically in the Add_More_Fields Table as opposed to physically in the Product Table. I had used the option to add these to Easy Populate & it reported that this was done. With the one array line modified to allow me to enter the actual field names and the display names. I can add records with these five new fields.

In the contribution "Satisfying Google/base with the v2.3.1 DB and EasyPopulate" you replied "The answers are here but you don't seem to want to accept them. Install Add More Fields, or some other contribution if you prefer, add the fiels to Easy Populate (Add More Fields does that for you), enable the option to use the fields in the google feeder file (the names of the database fields have to match) and you're all done. "

I seem to be missing the step that allows me to run the Easy Populate creating a Froogle file on the fly and have it get my 5 new fields out of the Add_More_Fields table instead of the real Product Table. When you say "the names of the database fields have to match" do you mean that, as an example, I should have added a field called "product_type" instead of "producttype" and "google_product_category" instead of "googleproductcategory" and "condition" instead of "conditions"? Also please explain where you "add the fields" for Easy Populate since it is a program/script and not a table.

There is a pretty good paragraph entitled "BEGIN Define Custom Fields for your products database" around line 250 in Easy Populate. It seems to me that the EP program is looking for new fields physically in the Product Table, not Add_More_Fields fields for the Product Table which are physically in the Add_More_Fields table.

Thanks

The fields are added to the products or products_description table, depending which you select when you add a new field. When you do add a new field, click the box that says, "In Easy Populate." If you don't understand what that line does, of any of the others, you could click on the Explain Options link. If you forget to add a field to Easy Populate when you create a field, just use the section at the bottom of the Add More Fields page.

You don't use Easy Populate to create a googlebase feed. Even though there is an option there, it does not work so beating your head against the wall trying to make it work simple won't do you any good. You need to install the google feeder contribution, as stated three times now. In the googlefeeder.php file that comes with that contribution, there are options to load various fields from the database. The text beside the option states what the name of the database field has to be.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is in previous posts that step 7 around line 470 and around line 756 can be skipped if not found

what about step 7 around line 823 and around line 925

My solution was easy. I scrapped all the changes I had made up until I also found the 3 or so missing referenced places to change. Since my changes were made to the "real" v2.3.1, not the version that Jack used, I simply took the version he supplied and it worked just fine. We were right but his version worked!

Joseph E. "Joe" Stephenson
[email protected]

I got a little further along. Got code installed and add a new field. Went back to modify an existing product

When I try to save the product with the new products_condition added, I get:

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/nzfmsfxs/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nzfmsfxs/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/database.php:136) in /home/nzfmsfxs/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

this is the field I added:

Select A Field: products_condition

Which table? Products

Field Name: condition

Display Name: English

Type of Field: drop down

Option List: new, used

Field Size:

Is Field Null: not null

Sort Order: 0

In Easy Populate: (i do not have this installed)

do I need to add a field into

Which table? Products Description

I got a little further along. Got code installed and add a new field. Went back to modify an existing product

When I try to save the product with the new products_condition added, I get:

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/nzfmsfxs/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 136

Which table? Products Description

That error doesn't refer to code in this contribution, though it is probably caused by it. So I can't tell you where to look since it depends on where it is failing. The problem is almost certainly with the categories.php file so I suggest using the included one to test with and then compare against, if it works.

For which table, it really doesn't matter unless you have more than one language. If you do and the new field needs text that is language-specific, then it should go in the products description table.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

got a little along..... I changed the drop down box to regular text and the extra field products_condition was accepted and the data was loaded into my database

The extra field did not show up in my product description yet.

This is what I am trying in the products discription (notworking):

<b><u>

Hand Made (clay OOAK) Chamilion

</b></u><br><br>

Hand made out of colored polymer clay, body is 6" long by 5" high<br><br>

##+PRODUCTS_CONDITION##-

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the contribution and everything works well. I was reading through the board and saw Jack_mcs response to a query (see below)

Using the option to add it to the products description is just a quick and easy way of getting the value of the field on the products page. For more control, you can add code to the products page to display the value wherever you want it.

I have modified the product_info.php layout and I want to display the information from the added fields outside of the standard product description. Unfortunately, I have no coding experience other than what I have learnt building the site and effectively reverse engineering all the code I have to see how it works. Is the control code simple? if can someone provide a sample (and an bit of an explaination I would really appreciate it. I will go buy a book on php.

Try w3schools.com

Really good starter for html and php.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Will this contrib add a sortable column to the store-side product list, similar to Image, Product Name, Model, etc?

No, it won't do that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have looked further into this and tried variations on the line:

<?php echo AMF_ConvertFields($product_info['products_description'], $_GET['products_id']); ?>

I can call all the fields in the table other than the fields created through add more fields. What do I need to change? I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

I have looked further into this and tried variations on the line:

<?php echo AMF_ConvertFields($product_info['products_description'], $_GET['products_id']); ?>

I can call all the fields in the table other than the fields created through add more fields. What do I need to change? I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

I'm sorry but this is something i can help with since it is too involved for a support thread. But I will say that if you have entered something in the product descriptionin admin, even if it is wrong, then that has to show on the shop side. If it isn't, then you need to verify it is still in the description in admin. If it is, then you've made a mistake on the product page.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons