• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database Won't Update Pages

Ptothe2

Hello,

I recently tried installing Header Tags SEO and another SEO add-on, but quickly realized they weren't going to work. I installed with the supplied install.php, and then used the supplied uninstall.php file to get rid of whatever is added to the database. Well now when I try to edit pages within the admin panel, nothing saves. It says that the page/changes have been saved, but when you view the page live in the browser, nothing is updated. I haven't tried to add any new products to the site, but now I'm afraid they we aren't going to be able to add products since the database won't update. I did download a database backup. My question is this: How much of the site is saved in that database backup? Will all the products still be there? Is there a way to test out the database backup before we actually revert back?

Tony,

All products, categories, customers, orders and other data is stored in the database. If you restore the database, it will restore your basic content. Remember to save your /image directory as well so you can restore it and the images will remain the same.

Chris

Archived