• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Images Help

RRGalvan

How do I make the product images show up correct? I tried resizing to the 40x105 then the magnification of the photo doesn't work. I left the the same size and they are distorted.

my site is www.inmategifts.net

In admin>>images set either the height or width but leave the other blank

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Renata,

There are image handling modules available that auto thumbnail and have more configuration options than the standard v2.3.1 install.

Chris

How do I make the product images show up correct? I tried resizing to the 40x105 then the magnification of the photo doesn't work. I left the the same size and they are distorted.

my site is www.inmategifts.net

More important issues lurk that you probably aren't even aware of.

Visit the link below:

How to Secure Your Site

Pay close attention to "SECURING THE ADMIN" - Yours is vulnerable.

It's easier to do a few security fixes now than to clean up a hacked store later.

And if you don't secure the admin your shop will be hacked.

It's just a question of when...

:o

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

More important issues lurk that you probably aren't even aware of.

Visit the link below:

How to Secure Your Site

Pay close attention to "SECURING THE ADMIN" - Yours is vulnerable.

It's easier to do a few security fixes now than to clean up a hacked store later.

And if you don't secure the admin your shop will be hacked.

It's just a question of when...

:o

Jim,

I have the 2.3.1. Are all these steps necessary? If so, it seems like a lot of things to do and I am really new to this. Do you knwo someone I can hire to do this for me?

Thanks,

Renata

If you have 2.31 you only need to do 2 things...

1. rename your admin folder to something else (a unique name which is difficult to guess)...(you also have to change the paths in the admin/includes/configure.php file by replacing /admin/ with the new name you have made)

2. Utilize the function which is build in in 2.31 to have htaccess login for the admin too....you will find instruction in your admin by going to Configuration>>Administrators

If you have 2.31 you only need to do 2 things...

1. rename your admin folder to something else (a unique name which is difficult to guess)...(you also have to change the paths in the admin/includes/configure.php file by replacing /admin/ with the new name you have made)

2. Utilize the function which is build in in 2.31 to have htaccess login for the admin too....you will find instruction in your admin by going to Configuration>>Administrators

Do I go to the configure.php file and change the part that says: define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); to define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/new named folder/');

or is there something else that also needs to be change or am I worng completely?

Still a hack waiting to happen.

The old admin folder is still there along with your new one, looks to me like.

I don't consider IP Trap a "necessary" security measure. Trapping or banning by IP address is mostly a band-aid.

Either ths site is secure or it isn't.

If the shop has vulnerabilities someone will skip the IP trap and go for the jugular sooner or later.

:'(

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Still a hack waiting to happen.

The old admin folder is still there along with your new one, looks to me like.

I don't consider IP Trap a "necessary" security measure. Trapping or banning by IP address is mostly a band-aid.

Either ths site is secure or it isn't.

If the shop has vulnerabilities someone will skip the IP trap and go for the jugular sooner or later.

:'(

Sorry I meant in my previous post I had the "image" issue figured out but can't figure out the security issue:

Do I go to the configure.php file and change the part that says: define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); to define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/new named folder/');

or is there something else that also needs to be change or am I worng completely?

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived