• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

box titles / headers in catalog

eco-flock.com

Hello and Happy July 4th! I am trying to change a title on one of my box headers. It was the manufacturers box that comes automatically installed with osCommerce. I want to change the title from "manufacturers" to "eco flock stores". All I did was change the name in the file found in admin/includes/boxes/catalog. So why now does it show as a broken link? it worked under manufacturers and now it doesnt work. Can someone please look at this and tell me what I am missing. As you may notice, I am not a developer. I am just someone with a vision for this website, so I dig for the info, study it and piddle til I get it right. But, this one, as simple as it probably is to most of you, has me stumped on why its not working.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

$cl_box_groups[] = array(

'heading' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,

'apps' => array(

array(

'code' => FILENAME_CATEGORIES,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_ECO_FLOCK_STORES,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_ECO_FLOCK_STORES,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_ECO_FLOCK_STORES)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_REVIEWS,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_SPECIALS,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED)

)

)

);

?>

If all you want to change is the title, change the BOLD text below back to what it was before you made any edits:

The virign code in that area looks like this (in case you have no backup):

'code' => FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS,
       'title' => BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

thank you so much! I got the link back to not being broken, however, I would still like to have a "box" to list all of the vendor stores in to link to their stores. I need a box called "eco-flock Stores". I tried creating a new box just by reacreating what I saw there for each box title... however, the link is broken. How would I do this? How do I create a box just for my Vendor Stores? Unfortunately, this is just the 1st half of the problem. The 2nd half is getting my category and subcategory links to link outside to an external site. I found the html changes but the line specified and the fileplacement where to put it doesnt match where I found it in my files???? What to do???

Question: Why when I changed the title "manufacturer" to "eco flock stores" did it show up as a broken link. All I changed was the title. It looks built correctly... confusing me????

array(

),

Why does it not just change the title of the box to this title and work without being broken?

First off, if you are looking to create a box in the store that customers can see and click on you're working on the wrong files...

:blush:

I would suggest this contribution

And you want to change all the category/sub-category links to point to external sites????

:unsure:

Personally I'm not EVEN going down that road...

:blink:

About your code question.

Looking at the original code:

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS, 

BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS is defined in one of the files/folders in /admin/includes/languages folder.

If you want to change it or replace it find the file it's in and either edit what's there or make a new entry in the same file.

FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS is defined in /admin/includes/filenames.php

Same as before, If you want to change it or replace it either edit what's there or make a new entry in the same file.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

ok... I went through and changed everything "MANUFACTURERS" to "ECO_FLOCK_STORES" and defined it all in the english.php as "eco-flock Stores". This helped to set the link in the admin area to be correct instead of "BOX_CATALOG_ECO_FLOCK_STORES". Now the link says "eco-flock Stores like its suppose to. However, the link is still broke when I click on it to add the vendor list in the admin area.

I changed everything in:

admin/includes/boxes/catalog

and everything in:

admin/includes/languages/english.php (defining the name, bold click and everything I found "manufacturers" to "eco-flock Stores" got changed)

What am I missing to make this link work correctly?

Please help me! I am getting desperate for this to work correctly... ughhh!

FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS is defined in /admin/includes/filenames.php

Same as before, If you want to change it or replace it either edit what's there or make a new entry in the same file.

Probably there.

I can't see your admin so I can't see the problem and you haven't specified what it's trying to link to...

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

k... its been changed in admin/includes/filename and in admin/includes/database_tables

When I click on the link in the admin area for eco-flock Stores to add vendors, it give me an

"oops the link appears to be broken" in the search bar it says "eco flock admin stores"

I know I am missing something... what is it???

to recap:

all manufacturer titles/ references/ files have been changed in:

includes/languages/english.php (defined)

includes/filenames

includes/boxes/catalog

includes/database_tables

I can't see your admin so I can't see the problem and you haven't specified what it's trying to link to...

Are you trying to link to the original manufacturers file the code pointed to or something else?

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

sorry, I'm kinda slow...

the original manufacturer table that was automatically installed. You know where it list manufacturers by list or drop down menu. I want to be able to use this area to list all of my vendors instead of a manufacturer list. I am just trying to convert it to a store list instead of a manufacturer list.

Is this what you mean?

I just wanted to rename it, list stores instead of manuf, and have the list available for the customers to see either a list/drop down menu of all the stores available (instead of the manufacturer list)

silly me for assuming/thinking this would be easy to do...lol

what was I thinking??? but I know Ive got be close... Im closer than I was :blush:

If you want to restore the link to the original file change the two lines in the code back to their original contents:

So.

Either:

1. You haven't done it at all.

2. You haven't done it correctly.

3. The modified file isn't being uploaded to the correct place on the site.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Here is the catalog file:

[<?php
/*
 $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

$cl_box_groups[] = array(
   'heading' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,
   'apps' => array(
     array(
       'code' => FILENAME_CATEGORIES,
       'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES)
     ),
     array(
       'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,
       'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES)
     ),
     array(
     ),
     array(
       'code' => FILENAME_REVIEWS,
       'title' => BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS)
     ),
     array(
       'code' => FILENAME_SPECIALS,
       'title' => BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS)
     ),
     array(
       'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED,
       'title' => BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED)
     )
   )
 );
?>

]

Here's how to fix it.

If you want to restore the link to the original file change the two lines in the code back to their original contents:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

These are the changes I made to includes/languages/english.php

[// categories box text in includes/boxes/catalog.php
define('BOX_HEADING_CATALOG', 'Catalog');
define('BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS', 'Categories/Products');
define('BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES', 'Products Attributes');
[b]define('BOX_CATALOG_ECO_FLOCK_STORES', 'eco-flock Stores');
[/b]define('BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS', 'Reviews');
define('BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS', 'Specials');
define('BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'Products Expected');
]

[// constants for use in tep_prev_next_display function
define('TEXT_RESULT_PAGE', 'Page %s of %d');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_BANNERS', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> banners)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_COUNTRIES', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> countries)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_CUSTOMERS', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> customers)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_CURRENCIES', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> currencies)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ENTRIES', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> entries)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_LANGUAGES', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> languages)');
[b]define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ECO_FLOCK_STORES', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> eco-flock Stores)');
[/b]define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_NEWSLETTERS', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> newsletters)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ORDERS', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> orders)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ORDERS_STATUS', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> orders status)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> products)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> products expected)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_REVIEWS', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> product reviews)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_SPECIALS', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> products on special)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TAX_CLASSES', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> tax classes)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TAX_ZONES', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> tax zones)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TAX_RATES', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> tax rates)');
define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ZONES', 'Displaying <strong>%d</strong> to <strong>%d</strong> (of <strong>%d</strong> zones)');

define('PREVNEXT_BUTTON_PREV', '<<');
define('PREVNEXT_BUTTON_NEXT', '>>');
]

[define('TEXT_CACHE_CATEGORIES', 'Categories Box');
[b]define('TEXT_CACHE_ECO_FLOCK_STORES', 'eco-flock Stores Box');
[/b]define('TEXT_CACHE_ALSO_PURCHASED', 'Also Purchased Module');
]

I dont understand that though... I changed the filename of MANUFACTURERS TO ECO_FLOCK_STORES

so, when it accesses the filename,if i change it back to MANUFACTURERS, how will that work?

I dont want you to think I am questioning you at all, I am still learning and really do want to know. I have been appreciating all of your help. It has taught me alot today :thumbsup:

When you click the link that leads to the page it can't find what text is in the browser address window?

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived