• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New products, not use certain categories?

Lovelock

Hello, i have a 18+ category on my website.

However these products obviously show in the whats new info box and the new products for june etc.

Is there anyway to not use a certain category for this?

Thanks.

Craig.

i remember i dealt with similar situation before (but not for 18+ products). assumine you have some basic php skills, heres how it could be done:

1. find out the category id you do want to show, lets say 18;

2. modify the new_proucts.php module (includes/modules):

add this code in the while loop just after the $counter ++:

$cat_id = tep_get_product_categories_id($new_products['products_id']);

then add if condition to the $new_prods_content so that it looks like this:

if ($cat_id != 18) {
 		$new_prods_content .= '<td width="33%" align="center" valign="bottom"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br /><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a><br />' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td>';
  $col ++;
  }

the aforementioned code is from v2.3.1. not sure if theres the function tep_get_product_categories_id in place already. if not you would have to create it first.

hope the tip above help you get moving.

ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Archived