• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cart has a problem, Customers cannot purchase

Glamourous

Hi everyone,

This is a really tricky problem. All my customers have said that they have registered as a new customer and

were supposed to get a verification email but they did not thus they cannot log into the cart to purchase.

On the backend in my oscommerce i also do not get their sign up details. However, when i test the cart myself i have

no problems. What's wrong? Thank you so much.

By default, osCommerce sends a CONFIRMATION email to the new customer NOT a verification email. Therefore, your site has been modified to verify each customer. You would have to tell us which contribution you used for this and display the code contents of the verification file.

Chris

Hi chris,

After i posted this suddenly my cart was working fine again. And then I changed my password in the Cpanel and oscommerce and it went back to normal and isnt working again. My web programmer said he cannot find anything wrong but my customers are complaining they register and no email yet again so they can't log in.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

By default, osCommerce sends a CONFIRMATION email to the new customer NOT a verification email. Therefore, your site has been modified to verify each customer. You would have to tell us which contribution you used for this and display the code contents of the verification file.

Chris

As Chris said its really difficult to offer any help if you don't give us more information. Most of us here understand how default OSC works. When you start talking about behavior from a modified shop, when need to know what modifications (add-ons) or the code associated with the modification to offer any assistance.

That said my first thought would be to make fresh gmail/hotmail/yahoo accounts and test to see if you can create a customer account with each one of those providers and watch to see if your email is getting filtered to spam or junk folders. Experience tells me that customers can often give you bad information because they lack the knowledge to give accurate information.

Whatever mod you're using to send these emails it should be possible to CC yourself the verification email just in case they don't get it.

Archived