• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin is screwed up

Hello,

My site was running great till yesterday, and suddenly it starts acting up on the admin section.

I am using osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 everything was just fine and suddenly I noticed that something was wrong like, headings were showing TABLE_HEADING_LASTNAME instead LASTNAME. my orders were disappeared, my catalog items are not there anymore.

Strange thig is the website it self has all the data available and showing clearly.

I asked for help with the server technician at 1and1 and they told me it could something regarding PHP5 and one of the tech added a line in .htaccessfile as below.

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

I requested a backup and restore the site in a new root folder and tried but it is still acting up and not showing all information, as catalaog, orders etc.It does shows the list of customers but there are no orders at all.

Can some one point me to the direction where I can start fixing this??

I really will appreciate all the help.

Thanks.

The best advice I can give you is...............update your version of osCommerce. Your site is 4 versions behind and lacks compatibility with updated PHP and MYSQL versions.

Chris

The best advice I can give you is...............update your version of osCommerce. Your site is 4 versions behind and lacks compatibility with updated PHP and MYSQL versions.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the advise.

What is the best and secure version to update?

Is there a step by step guide to upgrade for the beginner like me?

I am trying to learn but can't afford to put the running site on hold.

Thanks.

Use v2.3.1 as it is the latest stable release of osCommerce. You can upload the new version into a sub-directory and build it while your current site remains active. Once the site is done, you can integrate the current database into the new site.

There is no upgrade path from RC1 to v2.3.1 so you will need to create a new website.

Chris

You can upgrade manually in two steps. Note that this process is tedious and time-consuming, but it's not that hard.

1. Get a copy of 2.2RC2a and follow the instructions in the upgrade.html file.

2. Get a copy of 2.3.1 and follow the instructions in the upgrade_guide.pdf.

This will result in a store that is up-to-date in all of the security and bug fixes. It will not result in a full 2.3.1 version, as all of the code improvements are not in the upgrades.

This will also not help if the problems you are seeing are the result of your store being hacked.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived