• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there a way to set all items to "out of stock" in one go?

nils2010

Hi,

I have been running a shop on ebay which was very easy to maintain as whenever I needed to catch up on workload, I could turn off the shop with one easy button, and all sales were blocked.

Is there a feature or an add-on that allows something similar? Ideally, keeping the shop online, but setting all items to out of stock in one easy move, rather then doing each item one by one.

Many thanks,

NME.

I think there is an "on vacation" addon that would be suitable. If you did want to set all products to out of stock, the simplest way is direct using phpmyadmin.

update products set products_quantity = 0

or something like that. Make sure that you also have allow checkout set to false. I can't remember the exact term, but that's a setting in the admin section.

Hey Burt,

Thanks for the info, and advice.

Can I then use the same command in PHP admin to also set stock to whatever level I want upon return?

i.e. update products set products_quantity = 30

Would this then automatically set all stock levels to 30?

Many thanks,

I have been running a shop on ebay which was very easy to maintain as whenever I needed to catch up on workload, I could turn off the shop with one easy button, and all sales were blocked.

Is there a feature or an add-on that allows something similar? Ideally, keeping the shop online, but setting all items to out of stock in one easy move, rather then doing each item one by one.

The vacation contribution will allow the sales to complete. If you want to prevent that, as you mentioned, then you would want to use the Disable Checkout contribution.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Many thanks,

NME.

The Store Mode add on covers about all bases on such needs:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6332

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Archived