• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Images Distorted in Catalog Page

Hi,

I'm experiencing some distorted images in our catalog page. The images are fine in each product page. What settings should be used for images in the catalog page (dimensions etc.).

Also, how do I create Add to Cart buttons to be used within my website that add each item to the OSC cart?

Thanks,

Sid

Hi Sid,

The settings for images are to be found in your admin >> configuration >> images menu, here you can set the widths and heights for them.

Dont understand your second question fully enought to make a sensible answer

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Sid,

If you are referring to the product listing pages, you can enable Add to Cart or Buy Now buttons from admin>> configuration>> product listing.

Chris

Thanks for your replies. What have you found to be an optimal image size? I'm setting up a cart for a clothing site and am erring on the side of larger images.

Add to Cart: I figured out how to enable Add to Cart within OSCommerce. What's needed is a Add to Cart button on the HTML page in the website outside of the OSCommerce catalog. The site has a number of static prodcut pages in the document root. Each static page needs to have an OSCommerce Add to Cart button on it. How is that accomplished?

Thanks,

Sid

Sid,

I do not recommend trying to place catalog products on HTML pages outside of osCommerce. This usually leads to cart failure because no OSCID is assigned when the customer clicks the add to cart button.

Chris

Archived