• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Osc 2.3.1 simple forum module.

slekkas

Hi,

I'm trying to find a simple forum module so i can integrate a forum to my store. So far i found these two witch are only for earlier version of osc: Forum for OSC and ASN Forum 2.0 for osCommerce 2.2. Can anyone point me to the right direction? Is there a module for 2.3.1 that i missed? Is there a manual way of doing this?

Thanks.

You can download most ANY forum software for free and then link from your osCommerce site to the forum. You really don't need a contribution to do this.

Chris

You can download most ANY forum software for free and then link from your osCommerce site to the forum. You really don't need a contribution to do this.

Chris

I already did this with gallery3 but since gallery also doesn't integrate with osc the users must create a separate account to login. If i add a separate forum my users will have to create three accounts witch is too much.

With the osCommerce MD5 and Salt encryption, to the best of my knowledge there is NO forum software that currently uses the same encryption. So, you are right, your customers have to create two accounts. One for the store and one for the forum.

HOWEVER, you may want to consider using the Facebook Login modification. osCommerce and most forum softwares will allow users to log into the sites using their facebook login details.

Chris

Archived