• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help configuring email or at least go back to default

DecalJoe

Hello. I am new to the forums, OSCommerce, well pretty much all of it. I am in desperate need of help before I make things worse. I have searched the forums but just can't seem to find the right solution.

It all started when:

I noticed that my "tell a friend" link was not working. After some research I realized that I had to configure my email. Mistakenly I thought that using a contribution and editing my scripts was the best option. My store used to send customers the default welcome email, but that seems to be not working now.

When testing a new customer login, now, no welcome email is generated.

I have tried a test email and the green bar comes across the top of the page with the confirmation that the email was sent. No email arrived in my inbox.

Upon completion of a transaction, the red x appears in the customer notification box.

Before I did anything I did make a backup but I have not restored it as of yet. Quite frankly I am afraid I will do irreversible harm if I don't do that right. At this point I would just be happy to get it back to the way it was when I got my store keys and opened for business. (2 days ago)

I do not have much experience editing the scripts but I am learning and can take direction well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Archived