• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products & Categories CONFUSION ! SUGGESTIONS

Hello everyone

I'm trying to develop an online parts sales website for our business, we are currently using Ebay to sell our new and secondhand car parts

but due to a lot of phone enquirers i would like to be able to direct them to our own site.

Now the problem i'm having is with Categories and attributes, mainly making it easy for people to find what they want with ease

see my problem is car brands

So say Holden

Ford

Toyota

But under say the cooling category hose clamps would suit, ford, holden, toyota but i dont see the point in replicating the product in each list

same with say transmissions, different model cars use the same transmission so i would have to replicate the item under each model.

Now my question is how can i setup a way to just tag the item so you can filter your results.

If that makes any sense !

Please give me some suggestions if you have any idea what i'm going on about

my sites live at http://www.store.tediousautomotive.com < might help you give you an idea of my problem .

Cheers, Andrew Humphreys

P.s. I'm Ripping my hair out here !!!!!

You can Link products through the admin panel. This would make the product show up in each category yet still have 1 product listing.

If you want to see how it works, go to your admin/categories / products drill down to one product then on the right click the Copy To button, this will allow you to link or duplicate the product to another category / subcategory.

Archived