osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Help needed] Extra Product Fields 3.01 with Header Tag SEO

Hi

I am at step 15j of version 3.01

In my file: admin/categories.php

I have below code:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

$description_query = tep_db_query("select language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url, products_viewed) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$description['language_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_name']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_title_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_desc_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_keywords_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_url']) . "', '0')");

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

But EPF Step 15j suggested to replace above code with:

// description copy modified to work with Extra Product Fields and all other contributions

$description_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) {

$description['products_id'] = $dup_products_id;

$description['products_viewed'] = 0;

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $description);

}

// end Extra Product Fields

Can anyone tell me how to add the Header Tag bit of codes into the New Block?

Thanks

Edited by dontlike2pay

Hi

Same problem here.

Only thing is that i am already stuck on step 15b

With this step there is also a piece of code to be replaced that is already been used by Header Tag SEO

Hope that there is some one that can help with our problem :)

Hi

I am at step 15j of version 3.01

In my file: admin/categories.php

I have below code:

But EPF Step 15j suggested to replace above code with:

Can anyone tell me how to add the Header Tag bit of codes into the New Block?

First, a friendly suggestion is not to use that contribution. While it works, it is not compatible with any contribution and you will have a lifetime of changing code to work with it.

As for the code, without looking at them more closely, I can't say for sure but it should work if you place that code above /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ and then change the (int)$products_id to $products_id in the header tags section. Doing the latter will create a security hole so you should check with that contribution to see how that is fixed. Good luck.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

First, a friendly suggestion is not to use that contribution. While it works, it is not compatible with any contribution and you will have a lifetime of changing code to work with it.

As for the code, without looking at them more closely, I can't say for sure but it should work if you place that code above /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ and then change the (int)$products_id to $products_id in the header tags section. Doing the latter will create a security hole so you should check with that contribution to see how that is fixed. Good luck.

Hi Jack

The reason im using this addon is to make some field to contain 'brand' 'EAN' etc to work with your contribution: Froogle data feed. As you may remember that in one of the forum post I menetioned that google generates error message as I do not have enough info provided in the datafeed file.

After your reply to this post, I think my problem return to ground ZERO. I still need some extra field to work with your 'auto froogle data feed' contribution. Can you advice a contribution that I can use?

Thanks

Hi Jack

The reason im using this addon is to make some field to contain 'brand' 'EAN' etc to work with your contribution: Froogle data feed. As you may remember that in one of the forum post I menetioned that google generates error message as I do not have enough info provided in the datafeed file.

After your reply to this post, I think my problem return to ground ZERO. I still need some extra field to work with your 'auto froogle data feed' contribution. Can you advice a contribution that I can use?

Thanks

Hmm, seems I replied in my sleep on this one. I'm not familiar with this contribution. I was assumming it was the one that changes the product ID to a string because of the code you posted but now that I look at the title of the thread, I see that is not the case. And I don't even see what I meant about the product ID. I do aplogize for the confusion.

If this is a contribution to add an extra field, then it should be OK, sight unseen. As mentioned in the googlefeeder thread, I have written a contribution to do this in an easier way without adding a bunch of code. It is working fine but I have to finish up a few points with it. I thought I would have it done already but got sidetracked. I'm shooting for next weekend though. If you can wait, I think you will be happier with it than with this one due to how it works. Otherwise, I know there are at least two existing contributions for adding new fields.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hmm, seems I replied in my sleep on this one. I'm not familiar with this contribution. I was assumming it was the one that changes the product ID to a string because of the code you posted but now that I look at the title of the thread, I see that is not the case. And I don't even see what I meant about the product ID. I do aplogize for the confusion.

If this is a contribution to add an extra field, then it should be OK, sight unseen. As mentioned in the googlefeeder thread, I have written a contribution to do this in an easier way without adding a bunch of code. It is working fine but I have to finish up a few points with it. I thought I would have it done already but got sidetracked. I'm shooting for next weekend though. If you can wait, I think you will be happier with it than with this one due to how it works. Otherwise, I know there are at least two existing contributions for adding new fields.

Hi Jack

Thanks for your reply.

I will wait for your new contributions which will defo work better with your datafeed addon.

Took me an hour to compare stock osc2.1, my heavily modified osc2.1 and with codes the instruction privided to get to step 15j. And after your first reply, I rolled back to pre-EPF 3.01 backups. I do have all the way upto step 15j backup tho, but I found it is extremly heavily and extensively coded contribution, I see this can be a problem in future as EPF changed large amount of codes and made osc2.1's codes aint as standard when trying to add more addons later on. ( I am not saying EPF3.01 is not standard code, I am just saying the way the addon wrote, it may create problem for me to add more addons in future).

Looking forward to hear from you (Jack) regarding the Extra Field to work with your froogle datafeed.

Thanks for your reply.

Kai

• 9 months later...

I am also installing extra product field add-on v3.01 with OSC v2.3.1.

However, at step 15a

==============================

15a) Around line 704 find the section of code that reads as follows:

/* Re-Post all POST'ed variables */

reset($HTTP_POST_VARS);

while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

==============================

I cannot find these lines. There is no line similar. Could anyone help me?