• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Express not taking payments

offie

Hi I am having trouble getting my Paypal Express module to work.

I am using osCommerce V2.3.1. The module came preloaded when I downloaded osCommerce.

I have setup and tested my API credentials and they return as a success.

So this is what happens and it does not matter whether I am logged into my account on my website or not, the problem is the same.

1. I choose a product and add it to my cart

2. I click the check out with paypal button which is for paypal express

3. I get taken to the paypal website

4. I choose to pay without logging into paypal and use a credit/debit card instead

5. I enter all my card details then click continue

6. I review all my information including price/delivery/address etc then click pay now

7. I am returned to the Cart Contents page on my website with the cart showing as empty

8. I have no emails to show the payment has gone through

9. I have no customer emails to say I have bought anything

10. No payment has gone into my account on paypal.

The final part is somehow being bypassed and payment is not going through to my paypal account and I am being returned to my shopping cart on my site which is now showing as empty.

If I now click any other link on my website the items re-appear in my shopping cart.

So do you think the problem is at Paypal or is it something on my site configuration or in the code of one of my php files.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Why am I redirected to my shopping cart and not the checkout page?

Thank you for any help

Michael

Edited by offie

I am using osCommerce V2.3.1. The module came preloaded when I downloaded osCommerce.

So this is what happens and it does not matter whether I am logged into my account on my website or not, the problem is the same.

4. I choose to pay without logging into paypal and use a credit/debit card instead

6. I review all my information including price/delivery/address etc then click pay now

7. I am returned to the Cart Contents page on my website with the cart showing as empty

The final part is somehow being bypassed and payment is not going through to my paypal account and I am being returned to my shopping cart on my site which is now showing as empty.

If I now click any other link on my website the items re-appear in my shopping cart.

So do you think the problem is at Paypal or is it something on my site configuration or in the code of one of my php files.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Why am I redirected to my shopping cart and not the checkout page?

Thank you for any help

Michael

I have now had an update from Paypal in regards to this problem. Here is what they have said:

With regards to your question I have troubleshooted the issue further and I visited the website: https://web77.secure-secure.co.uk/ simulating the checkout flow to reproduce.

Adding to the osCommerce cart one random item (Samsung Galaxy Tab), I see it on the "What's In My Cart?" page so I can proceed checking out with the Orange Checkout with PayPal Express Checkout button, getting redirected to the PayPal landing page for login, Review your payment page and then once I click on Pay Now, the system redirects the buyer to the "What's In My Cart?" page of your shop while it should redirect to the Thank you Page of your website but having first processed the transaction with PayPal.

Now, why the Cart redirected to the empty card? Probably because the transaction was not completed and this is a consequence, why the transaction did not complete? Because the OSCommerce Cart did not invoke the third requested API Call to complete the flow of your Express Checkout: the DoExpressCheckout call which is not, in fact, logged in the account's logs.

As everything is up and fine in terms of API Credentials (xxxxx_xxxxx) for your account, I believe the modules pre integrating Express Checkout in OSCommerce are malfunctioning resulting in this issue reproduction.

The issue, answering to your question, is related to those modules and the best way for resolving it would be contacting the OSCommerce customer support for assistance concerning their application software malfunctioning at this stage.

However, you may want to try reinstalling the module for Express Checkout and leave the settings defaulted; what you need to see from the server logs is a complete set of API Request/Response:

1. the website invokes the SetExpressCheckout Request API call and redirects the browser to PayPal

1a. the website receives the SetExpressCheckout Response API from PayPal with ack=Successful

2. the website invokes the GetExpressCheckout Request API call after the login in PayPal/billing info input

2a. the website receives the GetExpressCheckout Response API from PayPal with ack=Successful

3. the website invokes the DoExpressCheckout Request API call after the buyer clicks on the Pay Now in PayPal

3a. the website receives the DoExpressCheckout Response API from PayPal with ack=Successful and the transaction happens with a transaction ID produced.

As you can understand the 2nd and 3rd steps are not happening as only the first step of the three-steps procedure is completed from the OSCommerce cart, resulting in an incomplete flow.

I would give a try to:

- remove completely the Express Checkout module from OSCommerce and reinstall a fresh and proper version. If the issue replicates, then you need to investigate locally what happens in the scripts php files as they are not working as they should.

Unfortunately from here I cannot assist you further as I only have the 1st call logged and then all the rest of logging is local on your server.

Now if anyone out there can understand what is happening can they please let me know.

Thank you

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem, also. However in my case the problem is intermittent. many customers fly through the checkout process all ok. Others try and end up with nothing in the cart and no order, as described by Michael. Answers anyone?

• 6 months later...

I would like to use Express Checkout, and therefore interested in this topic. Can you all confirm that you enabled Express Checkout? On the API access page, there's grant API permissions, request API credentials and, separately, enable Express Checkout. None of you mentioned doing this step.

post-301492-0-97783800-1326022085_thumb.png

I would like to use Express Checkout, and therefore interested in this topic. Can you all confirm that you enabled Express Checkout? On the API access page, there's grant API permissions, request API credentials and, separately, enable Express Checkout. None of you mentioned doing this step.

post-301492-0-97783800-1326022085_thumb.png

Sorry I can't be more helpful but I decided ages ago not to use Express Checkout as I could not find an answer to my problem so I just used PayPal Website Payments Standard instead. This means I can not now see if what your asking was done.

I am sure though that I had done all that I was meant to do but I can not be 100% certain now.

Sorry

Edited by offie

• 2 years later...

Thank you for any help

Michael

Hi Dear

Did you get the solution for this? If yes then please let us know as we all facing the problem.

Regards

• 10 months later...

After putting backups back and spending hours on this issue,  we finally figured it out.

Problem description: V2.3.4 Oscommerce with PayPal Express Modules. When an item is in the cart and send to paypal Express the site correctly went to the PayPal site with the item, but as soon as you hit the button "Pay Now" the Paypal site is authorizing the payment and then after a few seconds goes back to the store without processing the order. No error mails where provided, so we had no clue except that the transaction was cancelled in some strange way.

The solution is in the the catalog/includes/configure.php file and two lines we changed were from:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'http://www.yourdomain.com'); 

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://www.yourdomain.com'); 

to:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

I hope this helps with anyone having a similar problem.

• 6 months later...

I am having problems with Pay pal Express not accepting payments.  I contacted paypal and they replied " Upon my checking through your website nor account API flow log, all steps to make payment are working fine Except I can't see any DoExpressCheckout has been called to complete the payment."   Any Ideas what I need to do. Was working fine with 2.3.3.4.  Moved to new domain and started fresh with new copy of 2.3.4 and added a couple addons but none that had anything to do with Paypal. thanks for any help.

@@Du9dley1 uninstall all paypal (this is not strictly necessary but does help to ensure your database is clear of potential conflicts). Then download and install http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9184

Ensure that you follow the installation instructions to the absolute letter.

More reading:

http://library.oscommerce.com/Package&en&paypal&oscom23&express_checkout

@@Du9dley1, what measures did  you take to get your PayPal express to work?

I am having the same issues on the 500 error. The regular payment method is working, I made a transaction and it went through to my paypal. but selecting the PayPal Express, give me a 500 error. Let me know ... thanks 

I am on OC2.3.3

Edited by webguy_ddm