• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Return from paypal losing cart products

offie

I am proceeding with buying an item from my store and select "Checkout with Paypal".

Once transferred to the paypal system I decide to Cancel and return to my site and click the appropriate link on the page which says "Cancel and return to Affordable Mobility"

Upon doing so I return to my site ok but the cart now says "Your Shopping Cart is empty!"

However as soon as I click any other link or product the items in my cart appear again. It has somehow initially lost the products during the transfer back

but must know they are there somewhere as they re-appear as soon as something else is clicked.

I have Auto return on in paypal with the return address as checkout_success.php but this should not matter as the customer has not got that far yet

and is cancelling before paying.

Someone else must have had this problem so please do let us know a way round this problem.

Thank you

Michael

• 4 months later...

Hi offie,

Your problem may be due to a sessions problems, which you have to check your configure.php in catalog/.. and admin/.. directories along with your sessions options, as you were told in another forum.

If the problem is not solved, there is an error that you have to chase, for that..

Try this:

1. Check you are using a "business" account with Paypal and try again. Otherwise continue to point 2.

2. Try creating a Sanbox account, and then inside create a "fake" personal account.

3. Then, create a "fake" business account.

4. With this "fake" business account create new API credentials.

5. Set this new business account and its credentials in your admin/modules/payment chekout express settings.

With this you can test Paypal express many times without affecting your credit card and you will get error messages that

can give you a clue.

Let's see where it leads you.

Hope this help..

Edited by trauko