• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Zones/Shipping

LindormRune

First time building a web store. I'm currently wanting to ship to Canada and Continental U.S. Only. Has there been a module created to aid in this? Currently the zones are wanting ISO country codes, which is simple enough, but shipping proves to be a bit more complex than this.

For example, the cost for me to ship from where I am in Ontario to Michigan would in theory be much cheaper than someone who has placed an order from California.

I was considering going to the local post office to inquire if there was a shipping chart to help with this, and I may still do this. I was hoping perhaps someone might already have this all figure out and might be willing to lend a hand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Robert Morris

Robert,

There are several real time quote shippers that will allow you to get a quote from their server. Canada Post, UPS and Fedex are just some who offer this service. You could also set up table rates for each zone which doesn't rely on an outsourced server which sometimes isn't going to be able to give you a real time quote.

There isn't a matrix for setting up shipping because it varies greatly on your products and your shipping area.

Chris

Archived