• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx - Web Services v9

greasemonkey

yes, will do. There is now one more challenge though thanks to the FedEx system. Apparently, if we want to ship UK to US, we need one FedEx account number, to ship US to US we need a different account number and to ship UK to UK we need yet another account number! OSCommerce is only set up to deal with one account number though isn't it? Anybody got any ideas on how to approach this one or seen a solution for it whilst still preserving the ability to manage the FedEx module within the admin area of OSC?

• 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded and installed this contribution in a v2.3.3.4 store, and so far so good.

Got a "Enter ZIP Code" for rate when I was using the development key. Went and got my production key and now I get rates.

Only problem - it's adding a 3lb tare to all my products. There's no specification in the setup for a tare, so I imagine it's in the code.

Update: Nope - it's in the "Package Tare Weight of the initial store setup:

Configuration > Shipping/Packaging

Answered my own question.

Now, to get FedEx Labels working with this contrib...

Edited by DriWashSolutions

John Skurka

I have an osc 2.3.3.4 installation running with FedEx Web Services v9.4.4. It returns both U.S. and International rates. U.S. works perfectly, however there are a lot of extra costs that FedEx adds for international shipping that this addon doesn't return. It looks like the only way to account for this is to add a fixed $ or % increase to the rates that FedEx does return. Has anyone figured out what $ amounts or %'s to add to get the international rates up to where they cover the actual shipping costs? Is there a better way to resolve this issue? The typical shipment is one or more boxes at 36 pounds each.

Are you using the Ship-Separate function? this will rate each piece individually rather than by store config.

Also have you experimented with

if($ShipmentRateDetail->ShipmentRateDetail->RateType=='PAYOR_LIST_PACKAGE')
//	 if($ShipmentRateDetail->ShipmentRateDetail->RateType==('PAYOR_LIST_PACKAGE' || 'PAYOR_LIST_SHIPMENT')) // try this if having international quoting errors

beyond that, the module was written wiith US as focus. You may need to customize the code.

I noticed recently that numinix is using a fork of this module with Address verification working and using V10 of the WSDL.

https://www.numinix.com/downloads/zen-cart-modules/shipping/fedex-web-services-shipping

If anyone's in the mood to port that over to the osc fork that would be awesome. I keep trying to get to it but real work has me swamped.

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

I've been making mods to the FedEx Label Add-on. I've got it working, and have passed FedEx Certification (everyone printing labels must now be certified by FedEx). As soon as I get it working 100%, I plan to give it back to the community.

Sound excellent! :D

Any ETA?

Oh, and can it be used on international shops too (ie. non-US-based)? or only US based vendors in mind?

cheers

M.

Edited by dr_lucas

@dr_lucas

Oh, and can it be used on international shops too (ie. non-US-based)? or only US based vendors in mind?

I use this addon in Canada for domestic shipments (shipments within Canada). It does not work for international shipments when a commercial invoice is required (example: Canada to the USA or I presume visa versa).

I know this is possible... But someone would really want to have to update a significant portion of the label module.

@dr_lucas

I use this addon in Canada for domestic shipments

Which addon do you refer to? (I was talking about the new addon @@DriWashSolutions said he is now making)

I see. Then yours doesn't work for international vendors (which I already know, as I read your comments in the add-on section. good job, btw), hopefully his new one will, which is the reason for my question a few posts back ;)

by the way, the latest FedEX real-time quotes add-on is also working only for US (maybe CA too), and I had to manually modify some of the code to make it work for me here, as I am out of the USA. Hopefully I won't need to do the same for the upcoming revised labels add-on...

I just uploaded my version 9.5.1 of the FedEX web services module: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7977/

Changelog:

Works on MS 2.2 RC2a and up (utf8 encoding is back, no point in removing it).

New in this version:

Works for all vendors, based in or out of the USA (ie. international version).

Added: Debugging option, configurable via the admin

Added: Rates currency conversion option.

Added: Shipping/pickup delay option, as many vendors need several days to process orders

BUG Fixed: When there was only 1 shipping option returned in the response, the shipping rate shown was 0.

BUG Fixed: Commented out old CRE code, that was messing the Order Editor's totals

Fixed: RateRequestTypes was hardcoded on "LIST" rates. Now it's using the correct configured option from the admin (LIST or ACCOUNT rates, as you select).

I know that the currency conversion option can be improved, as it needs to be manually modified regularly to match exchange fluctuations, thus if anyone wants to improve this, that would be cool.

If anyone wants to repackage the files into a full package, with clearer instructions etc., please feel free to do so.

This is NOT a full package. It's just the modified fedexwebservices.php and fedex-common.php5 files.

Thus, uninstall the module, backup the 2 files you already have from the previous version, which are on your server, then copy these 2 files to their correct directories and reinstall the module from the admin.

This is required because the new fedexwebservices.php file has new database entries that it needs to insert.

Interesting. It works perfectly fine here on RC2a, never tested on 2.3+, but should work fine too.

Error 500 is Apache error. What does your Apache error log show?

Oh, and also what does your php error log show for the same time u get this 500 error?

@@greasemonkey

I am a bit confused. In your changelog, you wrote that both fedexdc.php are no longer needed, so I deleted them. Now I am getting errors like:

Warning: require(includes/fedexdc.php) [function.require0]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /my/admin-folder/ship_fedex.php on line 42

So I checked /admin/ship_fedex.php and found the below line. Should I comment it out?

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'fedexdc.php');

Edited by dr_lucas

ok, commenting out works, thx.

Now testing, getting the "Meter number is not registered" error in the XML response. I know that the number is correct, because I am using it all the time to get quotes and it works fine.

Do you know, by any chance, why I get this error?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <env:Header xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"/>
   <soapenv:Body>
       <v10:ProcessShipmentReply xmlns:v10="http://fedex.com/ws/ship/v10">
           <v10:HighestSeverity>ERROR</v10:HighestSeverity>
           <v10:Notifications>
               <v10:Severity>ERROR</v10:Severity>
               <v10:Source>ship</v10:Source>
               <v10:Code>8001</v10:Code>
               <v10:Message>Meter number is not registered</v10:Message>
               <v10:LocalizedMessage>Meter number is not registered</v10:LocalizedMessage>
           </v10:Notifications>
           <ns1:TransactionDetail xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns1="http://fedex.com/ws/ship/v10">
               <ns1:CustomerTransactionId>ORDER ID: 119064</ns1:CustomerTransactionId>
           </ns1:TransactionDetail>
           <ns1:Version xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns1="http://fedex.com/ws/ship/v10">
               <ns1:ServiceId>ship</ns1:ServiceId>
               <ns1:Major>10</ns1:Major>
               <ns1:Intermediate>0</ns1:Intermediate>
               <ns1:Minor>0</ns1:Minor>
           </ns1:Version>
       </v10:ProcessShipmentReply>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Edited by dr_lucas

by the way, it happens when I am using the ship_fedex.php (action=ship), ie. when trying to book a shipment

@dr_lucas I don't know for sure... However, I would guess this is on Fedex's end. Give them (I'm sure you know the tech support number) a call an try and book a shipment while on the phone... they should be able to see why you are getting the error (maybe they didn't register the meter number correctly after they approved the lable?)

Yeah, I sent them an email. I got the below response from FedEX APAC (Asia Pacific, where I am located) just now:

Dear Customer

To process shipments in production level, you must get approval from US label team. We call this process as “Label Certification Process”. You can find more information from FedEx Web Services > Certification on FedEx Developer Resource Center website (www.fedex.com/us/developer)

For the process, you must provide us a copy of labels (in PDF format) that you create in testing level. Besides the labels, you need to provide us the following information. Once we receive the information and labels, we will forward the request US label team. The process takes about 5 business days.

FedEx 9-Digit Acct Number:

FedEx Ground Acct Number: <provide only if you have>

FedEx Test Meter Number:

FedEx Production Meter Number:

Company Name:

Company Contact Name:

Printer Model(s) to be Utilized:

How Many of Each Printer Model:

Date Anticipated for Move to Production:

Best Regards

FedEx APAC Web Services Team

By the way, I was trying the admin/track_fedex.php file and it wasn't working and was giving me lost of errors, so I went ahead and rewrote the entire file using the new TrackService_v8.wsdl (version 8). Works nicely now, although not fully polished yet.

Here is the code:

<?
/**
* track_fedex.php
* This is the updated tracking script to view the tracking status of shipped products. It uses
* the FedEx Web Service API and requires a production API key to work.
*/
require('includes/application_top.php');

// debugging? 

$debug = 0; // 1 for yes, 0 for no

$action = $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'];
$order = $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'];
$tracking_number = $HTTP_GET_VARS['num'];

require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'library/fedex-common.php5');
$path_to_wsdl = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . "wsdl/TrackService_v8.wsdl";
ini_set("soap.wsdl_cache_enabled", "0");

$client = new SoapClient($path_to_wsdl, array('trace' => 1)); // Refer to http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.soap.php for more information

$request['WebAuthenticationDetail'] = array(
'UserCredential' =>array(
'Key' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES_KEY, 
'Password' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES_PWD
)
);
$request['ClientDetail'] = array(
'AccountNumber' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES_ACT_NUM, 
'MeterNumber' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES_METER_NUM
);
$request['TransactionDetail'] = array('CustomerTransactionId' => '*** Track Request v8 using PHP ***');
$request['Version'] = array(
'ServiceId' => 'trck', 
'Major' => '8', 
'Intermediate' => '0', 
'Minor' => '0'
);
$request['SelectionDetails'] = array(
'CarrierCode' => 'FDXE',
'PackageIdentifier' => array(
'Type' => 'TRACKING_NUMBER_OR_DOORTAG',
'Value' => $tracking_number, // Replace 'XXX' with a valid tracking identifier
)
);

$request['ProcessingOptions'] = 'INCLUDE_DETAILED_SCANS';

try 
{
if(setEndpoint('changeEndpoint'))
{
$newLocation = $client->__setLocation(setEndpoint('endpoint'));
}

$response = $client->track($request);

if ($response -> HighestSeverity != 'FAILURE' && $response -> HighestSeverity != 'ERROR')
{
if ($debug) {
echo '<table border="1">';
echo '<tr><th>Tracking Details</th><th> </th></tr>';
trackDetails($response->TrackDetails, '');
echo '</table>';

printSuccess($client, $response);
}
}
else
{
//echo "<!-- " . printError($client, $response) . " -->";
} 

writeToLog($client);    // Write to log file   
} catch (SoapFault $exception) {
   printFault($exception, $client);
}
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>
</head> <!-- header //-->
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<?php
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php');
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
<tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top">
<table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table>
</td>

<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top">
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<tr>
<td width="100%">
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td class="pageHeading">
<?php echo HEADING_TITLE . ($order ? ', ' . ORDER_NUMBER . $order : '') ?>
</td>
<td class="pageHeading" align="right">
<?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', 1, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>
</td>
<td class="pageHeading" align="right">
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))) . 'oID=' . $order . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK) . '</a>'; ?>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
<table width="80%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<tr>
<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', 1, 15); ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php if ($response -> HighestSeverity == 'FAILURE' || $response -> HighestSeverity == 'ERROR') { ?>
<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo $response->Notifications->Message; ?></td>
</tr> 
<?php 
} else {

// foreach((array)$response->CompletedTrackDetails->TrackDetails->StatusDetail->Location as $detail) {
$detail = $response->CompletedTrackDetails->TrackDetails->DestinationAddress;
// list destination
$dest_city = $detail->City;
$dest_state = $detail->CountryName;
$dest_zip = $detail->PostalCode; // - not exist
$signed_by = $detail->DeliverySignatureName; // - check what is correct???

// format delivery time
if ($signed_by) {
$delivery_time= strtotime($detail->EstimatedDeliveryTimestamp);
}

?>
<tr>
<td class="main"><b><?php echo PACKAGE_DESTINATION ?></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo $dest_city . ', ' . $dest_state . ' ' . $dest_zip ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="main"><b><?php echo PACKAGE_STATUS ?></b></td>
</tr>
<?php if ($signed_by) {

// if left without signature, let them know
// (add more as they appear)
if (strstr($signed_by,'F.RONTDOOR')) {
$signed_by = '<tr><td class="main">' . DELIVERED_FRONTDOOR . '</td></tr>';
}
if (strstr($signed_by,'S.IDEDOOR')) {
$signed_by = '<tr><td class="main">' . DELIVERED_SIDEDOOR . '</td></tr>';
}
if (strstr($signed_by,'G.ARAGE')) {
$signed_by = '<tr><td class="main">' . DELIVERED_GARAGE . '</td></tr>';
}
if (strstr($signed_by,'B.ACKDOOR')) {
$signed_by = '<tr><td class="main">' . DELIVERED_BACKDOOR . '</td></tr>';
}
?>
<tr>
<td class="main">
<?php echo PACKAGE_DELIVERED_ON . date("F j, Y", $delivery_date) . PACKAGE_DELIVERED_AT . date("g:ia", $delivery_date) ?>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="main"><b><?php echo PACKAGE_SIGNED_BY ?></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo $signed_by ?></td>
</tr>
<?php  } else { ?>
<tr>
<td class="main"><b><?php echo PACKAGE_IN_TRANSIT ?></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="main">
<?php 

foreach((array)$response->CompletedTrackDetails->TrackDetails->Events as $track_event) {
$status_note = $track_event->EventDescription;
$status_city = $track_event->Address->City;
$status_state = $track_event->Address->CountryName;
  if ($status_note != 'Shipment information sent to FedEx') {
  echo "<p>{$status_note} : {$status_city}, {$status_state}</p>";
 }else{
 echo "<p>{$status_note}</p>";
 }
}
?>
</td>
</tr>
<?php } ?>
<?php // } ?>
<?php } ?>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td> <!-- body_text_eof //--> 
</tr>
</table> <!-- body_eof //--> 
<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //--> 
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); 
?>

• 2 weeks later...

For the expert in Fedex :

Last module developped by dr_lucas

product sent at the same address : Montreal

error : <v9:Severity xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9">ERROR</v9:Severity>'>http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9">ERROR</v9:Severity>

Please enter a ZIP Code to obtain your shipping quote.

Or possibly:

If no rate is shown, the heavy weight of the item(s) in your Shopping Cart suggests a Request for Freight Quote, rather than FedEx Ground service, is recommended.

There the result :

Request

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns1="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9"><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns1:RateRequest><ns1:WebAuthenticationDetail><ns1:UserCredential><ns1:Key>ignu4KkY6lAAYR2B</ns1:Key><ns1:Password>------------------</ns1:Password></ns1:UserCredential></ns1:WebAuthenticationDetail><ns1:ClientDetail><ns1:AccountNumber>-----------------</ns1:AccountNumber><ns1:MeterNumber>-------------</ns1:MeterNumber></ns1:ClientDetail><ns1:TransactionDetail><ns1:CustomerTransactionId>'>http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9"><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns1:RateRequest><ns1:WebAuthenticationDetail><ns1:UserCredential><ns1:Key>ignu4KkY6lAAYR2B</ns1:Key><ns1:Password>------------------</ns1:Password></ns1:UserCredential></ns1:WebAuthenticationDetail><ns1:ClientDetail><ns1:AccountNumber>-----------------</ns1:AccountNumber><ns1:MeterNumber>-------------</ns1:MeterNumber></ns1:ClientDetail><ns1:TransactionDetail><ns1:CustomerTransactionId> *** Rate Request v9 using PHP ***</ns1:CustomerTransactionId></ns1:TransactionDetail><ns1:Version><ns1:ServiceId>crs</ns1:ServiceId><ns1:Major>9</ns1:Major><ns1:Intermediate>0</ns1:Intermediate><ns1:Minor>0</ns1:Minor></ns1:Version><ns1:ReturnTransitAndCommit>true</ns1:ReturnTransitAndCommit><ns1:RequestedShipment><ns1:ShipTimestamp>2014-04-26T18:41:47-04:00</ns1:ShipTimestamp><ns1:DropoffType>REGULAR_PICKUP</ns1:DropoffType><ns1:PackagingType>YOUR_PACKAGING</ns1:PackagingType><ns1:TotalInsuredValue><ns1:Currency>CAD</ns1:Currency><ns1:Amount>0</ns1:Amount></ns1:TotalInsuredValue><ns1:Shipper><ns1:Address><ns1:StreetLines>7043 A Place Saint Hubert</ns1:StreetLines><ns1:StreetLines></ns1:StreetLines><ns1:City>Montreal</ns1:City><ns1:StateOrProvinceCode>CA</ns1:StateOrProvinceCode><ns1:PostalCode>H2S2N1</ns1:PostalCode><ns1:CountryCode>CA</ns1:CountryCode></ns1:Address></ns1:Shipper><ns1:Recipient><ns1:Address><ns1:StreetLines>7043 A Place Saint Hubert</ns1:StreetLines><ns1:StreetLines></ns1:StreetLines><ns1:City>montreal</ns1:City><ns1:PostalCode>H2S2N1</ns1:PostalCode><ns1:CountryCode>CA</ns1:CountryCode><ns1:Residential>false</ns1:Residential></ns1:Address></ns1:Recipient><ns1:ShippingChargesPayment><ns1:PaymentType>SENDER</ns1:PaymentType><ns1:Payor><ns1:AccountNumber>---------------</ns1:AccountNumber><ns1:CountryCode>CA</ns1:CountryCode></ns1:Payor></ns1:ShippingChargesPayment><ns1:RateRequestTypes>LIST</ns1:RateRequestTypes><ns1:PackageCount>1</ns1:PackageCount><ns1:PackageDetail>INDIVIDUAL_PACKAGES</ns1:PackageDetail><ns1:RequestedPackageLineItems><ns1:Weight><ns1:Units>KG</ns1:Units><ns1:Value>0.66</ns1:Value></ns1:Weight></ns1:RequestedPackageLineItems></ns1:RequestedShipment></ns1:RateRequest></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Response

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Header/><SOAP-ENV:Body><v9:RateReply xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9"> <v9:HighestSeverity xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9">ERROR</v9:HighestSeverity> <v9:Notifications xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9"> <v9:Severity xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9">ERROR</v9:Severity>'>http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9">ERROR</v9:Severity> <v9:Source xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9">prof</v9:Source> <v9:Code xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9">1000</v9:Code> <v9:Message xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9">Authentication Failed</v9:Message> </v9:Notifications> <v9:TransactionDetail xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9"><v9:CustomerTransactionId xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9"> *** Rate Request v9 using PHP ***</v9:CustomerTransactionId> </v9:TransactionDetail> <v9:Version xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9"> <v9:ServiceId xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9">crs</v9:ServiceId> <v9:Major xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9">9</v9:Major> <v9:Intermediate xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9">0</v9:Intermediate> <v9:Minor xmlns:v9="http://fedex.com/ws/rate/v9">0</v9:Minor> </v9:Version> </v9:RateReply></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Thank you

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

The response shows errror 1000 authentication failed, so I assume there is some mistake with your provided credentials. You probably have missing or wrong credentials, such as missing the authentication key from fedex.

Does it give you any shipping quotation for other destinations at all?

Edited by dr_lucas