• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx - Web Services v9

greasemonkey

@@Irin

Sorry - not sure what to tell you. Perhaps undo those changes made for the old fedex1 fix?... back to a default osc state..., then maybe fedexwebservices might work?? Really just guessing here.

Oh, well... Thanks for your help, Dave. I'll wait, may be somebody will come with the solution. The two modules are popular, so there must be somebody else besides me having the same problem as I do.

Edited by Irin

Yes

confusing question - but this module will calculate based on the orders destination, weight, and per the stores configuration. This is not a flat rate shipping module. The module also recognizes UPSXML's "ready to ship" and the deprecated Fedex Real Time Quotes "products ship seperate" when calculating rates.

Sorry for the confusion and Thank you for the reply. I am using the previous FedEx Realtime Quotes, and it's not giving us accurate info, so I really need to move to this module asap. Our store offers only 1 shipping option, and you previously confirmed this module can be configured for that. We also ship everything in 1 size box and 1 standard weight, so I need to be able to configure the module to calculate rates based on a 10x10x10 box at 10lbs, regardless of how many items the customer has in the cart during checkout. Is it possible to configure those variables as static values?

Thanks again for your time and info,

-jim

(DFW)

Sorry for the confusion and Thank you for the reply. I am using the previous FedEx Realtime Quotes, and it's not giving us accurate info, so I really need to move to this module asap. Our store offers only 1 shipping option, and you previously confirmed this module can be configured for that. We also ship everything in 1 size box and 1 standard weight, so I need to be able to configure the module to calculate rates based on a 10x10x10 box at 10lbs, regardless of how many items the customer has in the cart during checkout. Is it possible to configure those variables as static values?

Thanks again for your time and info,

-jim

(DFW)

The box dimension wont be relevant - as we assign "your packaging", and your not over-sized.

I suppose you could custom code to use a static value for weight, but this is contrary to the whole purpose of this module. Why do you even need this module if your charging a flat rate to every order? that doesn't make sense.

-Dave

The box dimension wont be relevant - as we assign "your packaging", and your not over-sized.

I suppose you could custom code to use a static value for weight, but this is contrary to the whole purpose of this module. Why do you even need this module if your charging a flat rate to every order? that doesn't make sense.

To determine the correct rate per zip.

I have a customer who is using all three services, FedEx, UPS (UPSXML) and USPS as choices for shipping. I have FedEx Web services 9.4.2 installed and working fine. One of the things that they have asked about was the ability to tack on insurance for the shipment for FedEx, like they can for the other 2 modules. I see that the WSDL has mentions of insurance, but not sure in what capacity.

Would it be possible to add an insurance option to this module?

You will find in the code the following 3 sections - you will need to modify for your insurance preferences.

There may be more needed to make it work... I would test with the existing and see how it goes. I've never tried to enable it myself.

@[member='definedmedia']('MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES_INSURE', 0);

$request['RequestedShipment']['TotalInsuredValue']=array('Ammount'=> $this->insurance, 'Currency' => $_SESSION['currency']);

function _setInsuranceValue($order_amount){
   if ($order_amount > (float)MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES_INSURE) {
  $this->insurance = sprintf("%01.2f", $order_amount);
   } else {
  $this->insurance = 0;
   }
 }

-Dave

• 3 weeks later...

We are using the latest release of this contribution on osCommerce V2.3.1

Our rates are no where near the rates on the FedEx website. We have not added any handling fees or percentage increase fees the rates are just flat out wrong.

How can this be fixed?

Our rates are no where near the rates on the FedEx website. We have not added any handling fees or percentage increase fees the rates are just flat out wrong.

How can this be fixed?

I don't know how to link to it, so let me re-post a message I wrote on this topic last June. This has never been addressed, and we are still having the same problem. Maybe it's the same as your problem?

= = = = = = = =

Many thanks for this contribution! After installing Fedex Web Services 9 on our site (osc 2.2), it seemed to be working fine. But just to be sure I compared the rates which were being quoted on our store with the rates we get simply by logging into the FedEx website. The rates for "FedEx 2 Day" and "FedEx Express Saver" match to the penny. But the rates for "Standard Overnight" and "Priority Overnight" are way off. Just to experiment, I zero'd out all our handling fees, and tried it both with displaying "list" and "account" rates. The numbers do change, but they're still wrong.

Here's an example. We currently have the FedEx shipping module set to display ACCOUNT rates, and add a $5 handling charge. Let's use a hypothetical .8 pound package going from Dallas 75227 to Chicago 60601. Our OSC store quotes the following:

Priority Overnight - $46.90

Standard Overnight - $42.66

But logging into fedex.com and getting a rate quote for the same package with our same account number, we get:

Priority Overnight - $25.41

Standard Overnight - $23.66

Even adding the $5 handling fee to the FedEx quote, you can see that the rates shown on our store are > $15 higher. And yet the rates for FedEx 2 Day and FedEx Express Saver agree perfectly. (These are the 4 services we are offering, so I did not compare any of the other possible rates.)

How can this be happening? And, more importantly, can anyone suggest a fix? I would encourage everyone to try a similar test to make certain that the prices you are displaying have some basis in reality. Thanks.

How can this be fixed?

It works for the majority of us, on most stores anyway. Perhaps some background and details would allow someone to help you. you could post your settings etc or something to work with?

-Dave

@@JetSet27

try changing line 137 from

$request['RequestedShipment']['PackagingType'] = 'YOUR_PACKAGING'; // valid values FEDEX_BOX, FEDEX_ENVELOPE, FEDEX_PAK, FEDEX_TUBE, YOUR_PACKAGING, ...

To:

// Testing
 if (in_array($rateReply->ServiceType, array('STANDARD_OVERNIGHT', 'PRIORITY_OVERNIGHT'))) {
   $request['RequestedShipment']['PackagingType'] = 'FEDEX_ENVELOPE';
   }else{
   $request['RequestedShipment']['PackagingType'] = 'YOUR_PACKAGING';
     // valid values FEDEX_BOX, FEDEX_ENVELOPE, FEDEX_PAK, FEDEX_TUBE, YOUR_PACKAGING,... //
 }
// end testing

Change the valid value for your needs and test. I have not tested this at all and it may not even work

-Dave

Here is our configuration details.

Shipping/Packaging

Country of Origin: United States

Postal Code: 27701

Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship: 70

Package Tare weight:

Larger packages - percentage increase:

Modules – Shipping

FedEx Rates: ACCOUNT

Signature Option: -1

Enable Ready to Ship: false

We do notice that if we play around with the Drop off type settings, the price does jump around some, but the rates remain to be much lower than what is presented on the FedEx website.

We also notice that it seems as though the wsdl file is outdated could this be the problem?

Edited by SharperJacks

@@SharperJacks

for grins enable ready to ship and see if there is a rate result change. For dropoff type your probably best to leave it at 1. "packaging type" seems to have a big effect on rates as well. check that...

Yes the WSDL needs to be updated, but doing so breaks the existing module. Someone with the full fedex and php skill set would need to do the update. It's beyond my ability level. (I have tried)

-Dave

We installed the contribution following the instructions perfectly and we receive this error message when setting "Enable Ready to Ship" to True.

1054 - Unknown column 'products_ready_to_ship' in 'field list'

SELECT products_ready_to_ship, products_ship_sep, products_weight FROM products WHERE products_id = 8 LIMIT 1;

[TEP STOP]

We installed the contribution following the instructions perfectly and we receive this error message when setting "Enable Ready to Ship" to True.

1054 - Unknown column 'products_ready_to_ship' in 'field list'

SELECT products_ready_to_ship, products_ship_sep, products_weight FROM products WHERE products_id = 8 LIMIT 1;

[TEP STOP]

Did you run the SQL file on your database? The error says the database field is missing

-Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to figure out why I have an order without a shipping charge, when this module is the only shipping module enabled. I have free shipping under the Order Total module disabled. So the only thing I can think of is checkout was able to continue when the soap service was down? Is that possible?

I tried changing the url to something else to test what happens when the url is down, and that just threw php errors. So, I've come here to see what the expected behavior should be. I've seen mention of a "please enter zip code" message when people have auth problems. But does checkout still proceed after that message is displayed?

Yes a transaction can continue with or without a shipping charge. I too have experienced the soap error issue at least once and had to call the customer to explain. If its a common problem perhaps have someone audit your code to try to sort it. You could also change the error message to instruct your customer to call you if the error occurs.... as a workaround...

-Dave

@@Roaddoctor,

I've run into the same problem as sharperjacks with the price discrepancy. I spoke with tech support at fedex webservices and they said the prices that I keep pulling are List prices from their server, not Account ones even though I have it set to account on the plugin. I'm using v9.4.2 for the site. I assume some code is not set correctly to pull account prices? Appreciate any help you can offer!

@@futterman

Upgrade to 9.4.3.1

If you've upgraded from real time quotes api, it may help to confirm you cleaned your site of FEDEX1 references, replaced with FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES where appropriate...

It might also help to uninstall the module, verify the database is clean of the tables, then re-install the module.

What version of oscommerce?

-Dave

@@Roaddoctor

There is a Fedex1.php file in the shipping folder, should I remove that? I'm running WP online store Version 1.3.1 and plugin WP Online Store: Additional Shipping Option version 1.4.

These are the errors I'm getting after upgrading to 9.4.3.1:

Warning: require_once(/home/content/52/9564952/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-online-store/home/content/52/9564952/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-online-store/includes/library/fedex-common.php5) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/content/52/9564952/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-online-store/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 67

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/52/9564952/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-online-store/home/content/52/9564952/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-online-store/includes/library/fedex-common.php5' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in/home/content/52/9564952/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-online-store/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 67

Thanks again for your help!

@@futterman

Hopefully this module will work with your store, but was written for oscommerce 2.2RC2a.

What is on line 67 of your includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php?

From your error, it appears you have not uploaded /includes/library/fedex-common.php5 ??

Also, do you have SOAP tested and working?

-Dave

@@Roaddoctor

Line 67: require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'library/fedex-common.php5'); // comment out and test - you likely do not need this line

I'm seeing /includes/library/fedex-common.php5 in there.

Soap is enabled and working.

Edited by futterman