• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx - Web Services v9

greasemonkey

You've installed the entire module (9.4.3)? and not just the fedexwebservices.php update file(9.4.3.1)?

Look back to posts 387 and 388 in this thread. There are some debug examples you can place directly into fedexwebservices.php to hopefully find the issue

ok so i will have to have a local test server up and running to use the tools in post 388 because i dont have one up

and yes i installed the whole thing and did the update as well

Edited by shorty883

no, with post 387 you can post bits within the php file

and combined with the KISS error module you can debug gracefully without bothering your customers.... The KISS module has excellent support as well if you need some help getting it together.

I'd like to help you more but I am by no means a coder... just trying to help where I can with my limited php experience.

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

i have tried everything does this work for ver 2.3.1 is there any other way to get fedex to work on ver 2.3.1

are you getting a response reply from fedex?

Is the problem at fedexwebservices.php or at checkout_ shipping.php?

Do any other shipping modules work?

Do you have any error messages at all? if so post

-Dave

are you getting a response reply from fedex?

Is the problem at fedexwebservices.php or at checkout_ shipping.php?

Do any other shipping modules work?

Do you have any error messages at all? if so post

i called fedex and i asked if there were getting my request they said yes but it looks like it is sending them on the old api system not on the web services. the onle think i am getting on the screen is just to put in a zip code to get a quote. and flat rate works it shows up on the shipping page.

shorty883

I can try to help you further but you have to get more specific

they said yes but it looks like it is sending them on the old api system not on the web services.

FedEx Webservices all i am trying to do is pull real time quotes from fedex to my site

Your two statements are contadictory - again, please be more clear. In order to help you we need specific details...

Is this the module your installing? http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7977/v,22

Did you install 9.4.3 before patching to 9.4.3.1?

Can you post any errors?

have you tried looking at the send and response logs?

Have you searched thru this forum looking for others with a similar issue?

Just saying you cant get it to work doesnt give us anything to work with...

post a llink to your site

Fortunately it does work for others - so you just need to find out why its not working on your specific shop

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

shorty883

I can try to help you further but you have to get more specific

Your two statements are contadictory - again, please be more clear. In order to help you we need specific details...

Is this the module your installing? http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7977/v,22

Did you install 9.4.3 before patching to 9.4.3.1?

Can you post any errors?

have you tried looking at the send and response logs?

Have you searched thru this forum looking for others with a similar issue?

Just saying you cant get it to work doesnt give us anything to work with...

post a llink to your site

Fortunately it does work for others - so you just need to find out why its not working on your specific shop

sorry yes that is the one i installed i did 9.4.3 the i did 9.4.3.1

I am not getting errors that I can see

my site is www.techsonhandstore.net

i have ipads on there for test products

i have looked couldnt find anything that was the same in the forums

everything else is working just not the shipping with fedex

I looked at your site - there is no item in the categories!

I cant tell if your item has a weight. Have you added the item to the products catalog including its shipping weight?

It looks like your fedex module is installed correctly - but your products may not be set up with weight....

FYI simplify your create account page.... do you really need my DOB? Make it EASY for your customrs to purchase....

-Dave

Everyone should become very familiar with every setting in the admin screen line by line because there are settings that can affect shipping.

You have some display problems and your site is slow to load. Using Fireflox with Firebug I noticed you're getting a 403 error on one of your "Gets" and you're declaring your charset twice. Google Chrome also has developer tools,

Setting up a localhost test server is time well spent for many reasons.

I'm not really a dog.

ok i just put the site up with a template now I am trying to get some addons to work then i will go on the the loading times and the errors. i had it up about a year ago and it was all working fine I know I have to do some modifications but i am trying to get the addons to work first

I hate to say this but your site is a mess and needs lots of work. I would suggest slowing down - get your core site working properly, THEN, and only then, begin add-on's... One at a time, and not moving to the next add-on until you perfect the existing... Your digging yourself a deep hole if you just shotgun on addons and then try to debug, as you can see on your own site.

ok i just put the site up with a template now I am trying to get some addons to work then i will go on the the loading times and the errors. i had it up about a year ago and it was all working fine I know I have to do some modifications but i am trying to get the addons to work first

-Dave

I hate to say this but your site is a mess and needs lots of work. I would suggest slowing down - get your core site working properly, THEN, and only then, begin add-on's... One at a time, and not moving to the next add-on until you perfect the existing... Your digging yourself a deep hole if you just shotgun on addons and then try to debug, as you can see on your own site.

ok could you help me out with getting my site fixed i am new to php coding i am learning as I go

I have had some addons installed fine and some not so good

Just a wild guess, in the wsdl you see this

<service name="RateService">
<port name="RateServicePort" binding="ns:RateServiceSoapBinding">
 <s1:address location="https://gateway.fedex.com/web-services/"/>
</port>
</service>

Maybe ask fedex if that has to change for testing. I don't think so though.

Interesting suggestion. I've not had time to contact FedEx so I'm just wondering...

Has anyone tried this out with the testing credentials from fedex?

Anyone....??? Bueller???

ok could you help me out with getting my site fixed i am new to php coding i am learning as I go

I have had some addons installed fine and some not so good

If you can restrore a backup to before the "not so good" addons that would be a good start - then go at it again, one addon at a time until you know each is right.

In lieu of that, using the code <> button in the toolbar above, post the contents of your /catalog/checkout_shipping.php file

-Dave

Interesting suggestion. I've not had time to contact FedEx so I'm just wondering...

Has anyone tried this out with the testing credentials from fedex?

Anyone....??? Bueller???

Are you saying you tried the test credentials, and it did not work?

-Dave

Are you saying you tried the test credentials, and it did not work?

Indeed. I've logged into Fedex. Obtained test key, password, meter-number and account number. Installed web services v9 latest release, configured in shipping module in os commerce per instructions. Add item (with valid weight and price) in the front end. Click on view cart and get the validation error that occurs on line 323 of fedexwebservices.php. The response from fedex is "Authentication Failed".

???

If you can restrore a backup to before the "not so good" addons that would be a good start - then go at it again, one addon at a time until you know each is right.

In lieu of that, using the code <> button in the toolbar above, post the contents of your /catalog/checkout_shipping.php file

Okay so restore to the beginning with just my template installed nothing else then post my /catalog/checkout_shipping.php file here then right ok let me do that i will post it as soon as I redo the site

Indeed. I've logged into Fedex. Obtained test key, password, meter-number and account number. Installed web services v9 latest release, configured in shipping module in os commerce per instructions. Add item (with valid weight and price) in the front end. Click on view cart and get the validation error that occurs on line 323 of fedexwebservices.php. The response from fedex is "Authentication Failed".

???

Try

<service name="RateService">
   <port name="RateServicePort" binding="ns:RateServiceSoapBinding">
  <s1:address location="https://gatewaybeta.fedex.com/web-services/"/>
   </port>
 </service>

-Dave

Thinking about this a second - just go straight into a production mode if you cant get test to work. It is just calling quotes.

or this maybe

<s1:address location="https://gatewaybeta.fedex.com:443/web-services/rate"/>

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

Can you give me a little info on how this module works exactly? Up til now Ive just been using a table rate based on price for shipping. I installed this and got a FedEx account setup and everything is working. When I go to the checkout_shipping.php it is showing the rates as they should be.

However, Im wondering what this module does. When a customer finishes the checkout process what happens after that. Is this shipment information sent to FedEx and emailed to me so that I can easily print a label off? Or do I have to log into FedEx and authorize the shipment?

Any help and explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks