• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx - Web Services v9

greasemonkey

yes I ran the program, says SOAP is enabled. im using PHP5 so ideally everything should be working, I just got off the phone with Ipage my host and they are telling me that there php is not compatible w/ SOAP....maybe thats the problem :-/

They are saying "their" php is not compatible with SOAP?

Maybe you should consider moving hosting then because that is pretty odd.

That's what they are saying, but every time i talked to them, I get 10 different answers, to me it sounds like a lot of people not knowing much of anything.

Reena Lawson: Unfortunately, we do not support PHP SOAP on our servers.

I guess its time to move hosts.

Sounds like it.

Just read I cannot recommend hosting companies ... although they can recommend osCommerce.

So I will just flag with you that some well known ones don't support osCOmmerce very well so verify before you buy.

Edited by FlyingKites

Sounds like it.

Just read I cannot recommend hosting companies ... although they can recommend osCommerce.

So I will just flag with you that some well known ones don't support osCOmmerce very well so verify before you buy.

busy transferring files to new host, This one for sure has SOAP enabled, I just installed it to the php config. we should be good once transferring of domain is complete, thank you for all your help.

There is no flag to control what rates are offered in this module.

Someone would have to program it to do that assuming that the new API does in fact allow it.

You can always add on a handling fee.

However given shipping charges is one of the top #3 reasons for abandoned carts, I'd recommend you pass on any savings you can.

I don't dispute your abandoned cart comment but this module should have the option to not show the discounted rates. The API allows it therefore the web services should SO I hope whoever developed this module will make the modifications. In our case we offer flat rates up to 15 pounds but any more than that we would like the listed rates to show, being that we pay our vendors for shipping and many other fees we like having our discounts on the expedited shipping options. There are additional reasons we would like the listed rates to show instead so it would be really great if this could get integrated before May next year.

I have installed the Fedex...

but i don't know what should i fill in...

FedEx Web Services Key

FedEx Web Services Password

is it just my login to myFedex?

FedEx Account Number (I know this one)

FedEx Meter Number (this one, I don't get it :'( )

I tried to make a test on it...but it didn't work...it will turn blank...

when I checkout...

Well, you people are doing better than I am with this.

I have all the codes and passwords and meter numbers and account numbers I need thanks to some nice Texan at FedEx, but, when I install and active the module, I get a 500 error from the server.

I did the soap test, and, it's not enabled but this is what I get from the tech support where I host;

Preston Sanders: We do not SOAP modules on our servers. However, we provide PEAR SOAP. You can use it.

Richard: Will that work with PHP code?

Preston Sanders: Yes.

Richard: OK, let's give it a shot

Preston Sanders: Sure.

Richard: How long will it take to install?

Preston Sanders: Please hold on, Richard. I will be back with more information shortly.

Richard: OK

Preston Sanders: Thank you for holding.

Preston Sanders: You need to use SOAP as Pear modules Eg: require_once ‘SOAP/Client.php’; /Server.php

Richard: My pleasure

Wonderful, but, I have no idea how or where to install this "require_once" statement.

Any ideas?

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

I have installed the Fedex...

but i don't know what should i fill in...

FedEx Web Services Key

FedEx Web Services Password

is it just my login to myFedex?

FedEx Account Number (I know this one)

FedEx Meter Number (this one, I don't get it :'( )

I tried to make a test on it...but it didn't work...it will turn blank...

when I checkout...

follow the link in the module in Admin to the FedEx page that explains to get your key, password and meter number.

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/PHP/Developing-SOAP-Clients-using-PHP/2/

so based on that you are looking to add it to the .wsdl file

but I don't understand their actual statement.

No, I don't think it would go in the .wsdl file as that is a straight XML file.

I'm going to try it at the very beginning of the /catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php file as it's (possibly) the only place it could go.

Right now, I'm running the file just as you guys wrote it and I'm getting the HTTP 500 error, however, when I put the absolute path in, I get the same error, so, it's probably not that which is causing the error.

Seem logical?

Edit: OK, that was much better. With the require_once statement in there, not only do I get the HTTP 500 error, but the shipping module list in admin only shows the one shipping option before the FedEx one even if the FedEx module is disabled.

Curious stuff here.....

Edited by Druid6900

You need to find out what the actual server error is. Is there anything in your error_log?

Yes, the following is pretty prevalent in the error logs for the period I was trying various things.

20110616T161538: "mysite.com"/catalog/checkout_shipping.php

PHP Fatal error: Class 'SoapClient' not found in /"myserver"/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 67

Not surprising.....

follow the link in the module in Admin to the FedEx page that explains to get your key, password and meter number.

I have registered fedex account.

I have the key, password and meter key.

But I still get some error with it

When I installed the fedex mod to my oscommerce....

I make a dummy test on it....

I add product to the cart....but I when click checkout....

It turn blank on the checkout page...is there an error on it?

Edited by takiko

I have the account number....

Still figuring the key, password and meter number.

It turn blank on the page...is there an error on it?

Yes, I was getting that at points as well.

I would be at the checkout screen with the Canada Post prices there, bring the FedEx module back on-line, hit refresh and get a completely blank screen.

Then I would arrow-key back and be in my shopping cart, click Checkout again and get an HTTP 500 error from the server.

Yes, I was getting that at points as well.

I would be at the checkout screen with the Canada Post prices there, bring the FedEx module back on-line, hit refresh and get a completely blank screen.

Then I would arrow-key back and be in my shopping cart, click Checkout again and get an HTTP 500 error from the server.

You have same error as well....

I don't what kind of error with it....

I also have canada postmodern as well

I have the key, password and meter key.

But I still get some error with it

It turn blank on the checkout page...is there an error on it?

The module works so I am not sure why it does not work on your site. YOu are saying that when you get to checkout_shipping the entire page is blank? Hvae you done the Soap test to see that soap is installed on your server?

Edited by FlyingKites

Yes, the following is pretty prevalent in the error logs for the period I was trying various things.

Not surprising.....

So it is saying soap is not installed on your server.

You said they told you to add "require_once ‘SOAP/Client.php’; /Server.php" I don't understand what the /Server.php is all about. What did you add?

You have same error as well....

I don't what kind of error with it....

I also have canada postmodern as well

Did you install the soap_test.php code and dos it tell you if Soap is installed on your server?

So it is saying soap is not installed on your server.

You said they told you to add "require_once ‘SOAP/Client.php’; /Server.php" I don't understand what the /Server.php is all about. What did you add?

I'm guessing that the /server.php part is supposed to be a comment.

Using the code in the link that you referenced as a guide, I installed the require_once ‘SOAP/Client.php’; snippet just before the absolute path to the .wsdl file location.

I think I'm going to have to phone up and beat on them until they agree to install the soap extension on my server.

Edited by Druid6900