• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

One Page Checkout for osCommerce 2.3.1

PupStar

Timmy,

I don't see any breadcrumb issues, although I do still see the margin.

The popup loader is a part of the module. I think I removed any options for simplicity sake. It loads on page load, and it loads when anything in the form is submitted - which triggers a page update. It's basically a blocking mechanism to keep customers from making multiple submissions while the script is making updates to the cart/shipping/payment, etc.. I think it is more cumbersome as a matter of testing the module than as a matter of being a practical user of the website.

Jetta

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jetta... Thanks for the reply! Had a couple questions: The text statement in the aforementioned pop-up I'd like to edit to something more in tune with my store. I found the same text way down the file in checkout.php, did the edit. upon running the test, got the change only in the confirmation pop-up after hitting "continue" at bottom of page.

Where does one find the spot to edit the first pop-up loader?

I also have an "update" button along with two "change address" buttons, if the pop-up loader is running automatic updates as the info is inserted are these other buttons necessary, can they be removed?

Lastly, after inserting all info, hitting the "continue" button at bottom of page, the confirmation pop-up displays, and just sits there looking cute, as the arrows chase each other in circles. This is as far as everything goes, can keep rotating for hours, maybe days or weeks, unless I kill it, any idea on what might be amiss?

Happy New Year's!!!!!

Timmy C

fixed pop-up issue; was able to turn-off in admin panel! Still struggling with the update and change address buttons, and that darned confirmation pop-up not wanting to go any farther?

The OSCommerece forums members are the best I've ever encountered in a forum....

Timmy C

Hello,

First

I installed latest version of OPC on new instalation of osc 2.3.1. There is a problem when I don't fill billing address and check Different from billing address? an uncheck I could choose shipping method and confirm order without any data in billing adres.

Second

How I can include home and business contribution to OPC. I need radio with choosing home/business when I choose home I don't see company field or couldnt fill it?

I have another problem with charset. If I turn off OPC and I create new accont everything is ok, but when I turn on OPC then in base I have wrong encoding, instead polish characters I have '?'.

files in utf8

base

utf8_general_ci

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a brand new single page checkout, which has not been released, and which needs to be tested by others before I will release it. I have to be honest. I don't know if I want to release it. Something about me doing all this work so that others can profit from it, just gets to me.

First, I need it tested where it sits. When it's found to be bug free, I will share the script with some of you to test in your own environments (with stipulations of course). When I am secure that it is 100% functional, I will release it, despite my apprehensions.

This is not a rehash of the old OPC. It is a completely new script with some "similarities", written primarily in jquery, and written specifically for OSC2.3.1.

This script does not FORCE changes to the website, the payment modules, or to any function of the core OSC design. It was written to drop INTO an OSC site, and to work WITH every stock module. It has been tested with authorize.net, and Paypal Standard, as well as express, and works perfectly from my end. I have also tested it with common shipping methods, but communications with USPS slows it down, so I dropped the USPS module, to speed up page loads for testing.

The ONLY "extra" is the ability for customers to checkout as guest. This does create a permanent account, however, with the minimal info necessary and a random password. Every business should keep customer records, so I saw NO reason to create a temporary or phantom account, later deleting it, and therefore, did not. If the customer truly is a guest, they will never be aware, as no email will be sent. Customer is happy with shorter form. Business is happy with permanent records. If the customer returns, they were never a "guest" to begin with, and they will need to log into their account.

Customer information is required before the checkout loads because it was simply STUPID to load a checkout page with shipping/payment modules before collecting customer information. There was no sense in having a SLOPPY checkout page while collecting that information. This is much cleaner, sleeker, smoother, and efficient.

The only table is in the payment rows because it simply couldn't be avoided. The rest is <div>s and <p>s. Labels are sloppy. No labels. Instead, I've got inline form titles.

Here's the site:

http://fulluvscents.com/catalog

The payment modules are sandboxes.

Authorize.net - Use 4111111111111111 and any expiration in the future with any CVC code.

PayPal - use any sandbox account that you own. I'm not giving out the details to my sandbox accounts.

I'm looking for bugs, not suggestions or wishes, wants, and desires. Excuse my bluntness, and appreciate my generosity.

I have not done anything with discounts or coupons yet. That will be some time off. Apparently, USPS has taken a partial crap again, and unfortunately, a complete rewrite of that, will be my next project.

Let me know what you think, and let me know if you run into any bugs. Please keep all conversations in this thread. Forum discussions are more efficient than private messages.

Thanks.

Hi everyone!

I am new in Oscommerce and I have installed the latest version of One page checkout on Oscommerce 2.3.1

I have reviewed the files modifications and they looked as they supposed but I guess there's something wrong.

When I click on the CHECKOUT button, it takes me to the checkout page but it's gray out so basically I can see the "one page checkout" but I can't do anything.

Does anyone have a clue what maybe causing this?

Jetta.. been following the tyest site the past few days. Had experienced very slow loading problems with IE8 (but not a problem with Firefox) the first time I went to site. tried again yesterday got a cannot parse error line, then the page graphics all of a sudden changed to where it was like seing double. This evening I see no problems when placing the order. It appears there were more shipping options, indicating you must have done some additional work. I don't recall, will there be a product being purchased image in the checkout pages?

This is what makes OsCommerce so great... it's hard-working guys like you!!!!

Timmy C

attempting to get the OPC stuff to get past the first info page to confirm... just stops! my gues is I don't understand the merging of the files to modify, so i tried the most logical file first, checkout_confirmation.php. opened up the exisitng and the new-to-modify versions.. I have no idea as to what the intended merge is as the two files have no logical comparisons. can someone point me in the right direction?

I'd wait for the new written for 2.3.1 version, but it sounds like it may not happen. I fully understand the work involved and how proud I get from a major acomplishment. Jetta kinda scared me with his bluntness.

Timmy C

Timmy,

I am not sure about the new version that Jetta is working on as I have only seen his demo although it does look promising.

I would recommend using a merge program such as winmerge or beyond compare.

If you look in the 'FILES TO MODIFY' files and look for

/* One Page Checkout - BEGIN */
/* One Page Checkout - END */

There are not that many modifications to do so take your time and keep your eyes peeled (w00t)

Regards

Mark

<snipped>

Let me know what you think, and let me know if you run into any bugs. Please keep all conversations in this thread. Forum discussions are more efficient than private messages.

Thanks.

This looks promising. I think that the initial screen is a bit confusing, with too many options. You have buttons for Continue Shopping, Continue, Create Account, and Guest Account. I don't believe you need all of those choices.

• Continue Shopping -- Most carts don't have this option after the customer has selected checkout. If you really want to have this, I would put it down below the box, or some other out-of-the-way location.
  • Continue -- This is only for the login box, so it should be next to the username/password fields, not separate.
  • Create Account -- I suggest getting rid of this, and just have one "New Customer" button. Give the customer a chance to create a password along with the other data they supply. If they do, keep the data as an account; If they don't, they're a guest, so generate a password.
  • Guest Account -- Combine with Create Account as above.

If the customer selects Guest Account, they're confronted with another 4 buttons, again causing confusion. I would get rid of all but the Continue button. If the script detects a returning customer, pop up an error box with a link to the login/password forgotten page.

After the order is completed, the customer remains logged in, even if they were a "Guest" account. This could confuse or annoy some customers who didn't want an account. You could pass a session variable that would trigger a logout at the success page for these guests.

Regards

Jim

Edit: Authorize appears twice in the payment options. Is this a bug or two modules?

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Mark... trying to understand your response. I opened the two files with WinMerge, did see the OPC begin / end statement in the to-be-modified file, I don't get it from there. Is the exisiting file's info to be placed inside the to-be-modified file's begin / end statement?

Mark... trying to understand your response. I opened the two files with WinMerge, did see the OPC begin / end statement in the to-be-modified file, I don't get it from there. Is the exisiting file's info to be placed inside the to-be-modified file's begin / end statement?

yes thats how it works. However becareful as there maybe other bits lurking in there.

Mark

I've got a brand new single page checkout, which has not been released, and which needs to be tested by others before I will release it. I have to be honest. I don't know if I want to release it. Something about me doing all this work so that others can profit from it, just gets to me.

First, I need it tested where it sits. When it's found to be bug free, I will share the script with some of you to test in your own environments (with stipulations of course). When I am secure that it is 100% functional, I will release it, despite my apprehensions.

This is not a rehash of the old OPC. It is a completely new script with some "similarities", written primarily in jquery, and written specifically for OSC2.3.1.

This script does not FORCE changes to the website, the payment modules, or to any function of the core OSC design. It was written to drop INTO an OSC site, and to work WITH every stock module. It has been tested with authorize.net, and Paypal Standard, as well as express, and works perfectly from my end. I have also tested it with common shipping methods, but communications with USPS slows it down, so I dropped the USPS module, to speed up page loads for testing.

The ONLY "extra" is the ability for customers to checkout as guest. This does create a permanent account, however, with the minimal info necessary and a random password. Every business should keep customer records, so I saw NO reason to create a temporary or phantom account, later deleting it, and therefore, did not. If the customer truly is a guest, they will never be aware, as no email will be sent. Customer is happy with shorter form. Business is happy with permanent records. If the customer returns, they were never a "guest" to begin with, and they will need to log into their account.

Customer information is required before the checkout loads because it was simply STUPID to load a checkout page with shipping/payment modules before collecting customer information. There was no sense in having a SLOPPY checkout page while collecting that information. This is much cleaner, sleeker, smoother, and efficient.

The only table is in the payment rows because it simply couldn't be avoided. The rest is <div>s and <p>s. Labels are sloppy. No labels. Instead, I've got inline form titles.

Here's the site:

http://fulluvscents.com/catalog

The payment modules are sandboxes.

Authorize.net - Use 4111111111111111 and any expiration in the future with any CVC code.

PayPal - use any sandbox account that you own. I'm not giving out the details to my sandbox accounts.

I'm looking for bugs, not suggestions or wishes, wants, and desires. Excuse my bluntness, and appreciate my generosity.

I have not done anything with discounts or coupons yet. That will be some time off. Apparently, USPS has taken a partial crap again, and unfortunately, a complete rewrite of that, will be my next project.

Thanks.

Would like to see this new version up and running it looks very promising - I have given up on the other one a the moment as we were having too many issues.

Mark... Working on modifying files, had installed the PWA add-on before the OPC. In merging these "to modify" files, should I remove the lines of code indicating the PWA or leave them there?

Thanks much,

Timmy C

Mark... Working on modifying files, had installed the PWA add-on before the OPC. In merging these "to modify" files, should I remove the lines of code indicating the PWA or leave them there?

Thanks much,

Timmy C

you can either try and merge the code together or remove PWA and start again, totally your choice depending on your skill level.

Yes, yes, yes, I am doing other work as well(to the USPS mod) and in the same site, so any errors at this point are due to that work (which is in process).

The original OPC took people to the log in page if they weren't logged in and a login was required. Instead of doing that, I used a dialog, which I believe is a smoother transition.

Guest/create account appearance - Yes, I get it. The thing is this - a single button that says "New Customer" gives a customer the appearance that they have no option but to create a full account - causing abandonment, particularly if they really just want to see shipping/payment options or whatnot. Thus the reason for the guest account option. I want the account information, but I don't want the customer to feel like it's forced on them. Note: I am writing this for myself first and foremost. No script is a one size fits all.

The continue button is stable and serves four functions. It is the submit button for forgotten password, login, create account, and for guest account. Now, it may make more sense to put that button in the main dialog with the form, but it is a dialog and dialogs are designed for the buttons to be in a buttonpane, where control is specified from within the dialog, rather than the remaining java/jquery. It's a toss up. I think I prefer the button being in the main dialog div below and to the right of the form, rather than the button panel, but did it this way mostly for simplicity sake.

The dialog is modal and disables the remainder of the webpage. Thus the "continue shopping" button. In all reality nearly every cart allows a customer to continue shopping after he/she has hit the checkout button. If it didn't, then that would be just plain silly. However, I originally made it modal because I was going to show the cart behind the modal and didn't want customers to be able to change the cart, etc.. with the dialog open. In the end, I decided to hide the cart until after the customer information was obtained since no shipping/billing info could be shown without the information, and the cart would be "merged" with the customer's stored cart. So, it all needed to be refreshed on login/create account anyways. I suppose it would make sense to make the dialog immobile, yet, remove the modal attribute, and remove the continue shopping button.

So, those are easy fixes, and I think I agree with the viewpoint.

However, I'm leaving the create account / guest checkout options. I want them.

Yes, I enabled both authorize_net_cc_aim and authorize_net_cc_sim, as one submits the form via http, and the other via an alternate url. I needed to test both. As well, there are two paypal modules. standard and express, as again, these are two completely different types of modules, operationally speaking. I never figured out how to create a Pro sandbox, so I skipped that. I know it communicates correctly, just couldn't complete a payment.

Ummm, oh yeah, as to logging out a guest. Yep, that's a good point. I'll look into that as well.

Did I miss anything?

I am finishing up a USPS mod, which'll probably take a few more days. Then, I actually have a little db problem with my main site I need to take care of, and I've got some repricing to do (I still haven't changed my prices on eBay to account for shipping increases - OUCH). So, that'll be a few more days. HAHA. Yes, I'm busy and I'm working on all this around the rest of my life. I will look into these little things after I've got my next two projects out of the way. I'd like a couple people outside the US to test this on their sites once I have these things knocked out. I know there are character issues from country to country, different payment methods, shipping methods, etc... and would like to make sure that those issues don't exist before I upload anything.

And oh yeah, I haven't even begun to work on any discount mods, so if you're using those, this isn't going to work with them for a while.

P.S. I'm a female and yes, I'm blunt. If my family could describe me in two words, they'd say b***ch and perfectionist. Not rude. Just not afraid to tell it like I see it. Also, I have this thread set to notification, but I'm not getting any notifications for, so I'll just be popping in as I pop in.

@@fulluvscents

Thanks.

I found some problem:

1.In Opera when you click checkout you go directly to shipping/billing page without login page and it loading all the time .

2.when I try to recover password it is something wrong

a) you must click near to button continue first becouse i have note that I didnt fill the email, when I click continue after this it return me to home page

B) I found another bug when I recover password

http://www.diigo.com/item/image/2aa5q/oght

I could test your mod on my testing shop.

Hi Jetta,

I just tested your version of OPC and it looks very promising. (IE9)

As we all know, the checkout process is the major problem with Oscommerce and your version is much better then the old OPC.

As far I can see it works great with swedish letters, lika Å Ä Ö and å ä ö.

It was just in the test.authorize.net page, and the costumer Receipt, the letters didnt worked. But I guess thats a problem with authorize.net?

When you click on checkout on shopping_cart.php you see the "order process forms" with the loading symbols for like 3-4 seconds before the login-box shows.

not a big problem, but it takes a little to long to be smooth. (can be an issue with ping-time from sweden to the states)

When you log-in as guest maybye you dont need the "password-forgotten link"?

Second time I test the shipping metods looks like this:

First-Class MailRM Large EnvelopeFirst-Class MailRM ParcelMedia MailRMParcel PostRMPriority MailRMPriority MailRM Flat Rate EnvelopePriority MailRM Legal Flat Rate EnvelopePriority MailRM Padded Flat Rate EnvelopePriority MailRM Small Flat Rate BoxPriority MailRM Medium Flat Rate BoxPriority MailRM Large Flat Rate BoxPriority MailRM Regional Rate Box APriority MailRM Regional Rate Box BPriority MailRM Regional Rate Box CExpress MailRMExpress MailRM Flat Rate EnvelopeExpress MailRM Legal Flat Rate EnvelopeExpress MailRM Flat Rate BoxesFirst-Class MailRM International Large Envelope**First-Class MailRM International Parcel**Priority MailRM InternationalPriority MailRM International Flat Rate Envelope**Priority MailRM International Small Flat Rate BoxPriority MailRM International Medium Flat Rate BoxPriority MailRM International Large Flat Rate BoxExpress MailRM InternationalExpress MailRM International Flat Rate EnvelopeExpress MailRM International Flat Rate BoxesUSPS GXGTM Envelopes**Global Express GuaranteedRM (GXG)**First-Class MailRM Large EnvelopeFirst-Class MailRM ParcelMedia MailRMParcel PostRMPriority MailRMPriority MailRM Flat Rate EnvelopePriority MailRM Legal Flat Rate

But underneath I can choose as usual.

Great work!

Yup, that's cause I'm rewriting the shipping mods too, and echoing things as I go along to catch any bugs in that one.

I have personal ship problems with customers wanting to put glass items in flat rate envelopes, 20" (lightweight) items in freaking envelopes, etc.... and I want to add extra service options. So, figure if I've gotta redo it, I'm starting that from scratch too. So far, I'm loving it.

I'm actually looking at changing hosts after 8 long years of good cheap hosting. The downtimes and lags are getting unacceptable. So part of the lag is simply my server. It was actually down for about 5 minutes tonight. But the fact is that even if I move, there are still going to be sites on slow servers, so yes, those divs need to be hidden. I thought I got them all, but I'll check on it.

@ PupStar - I ran across a new favorite quote the other day. How to start an argument on the internet - (1) state your opinion (2) Wait

Archived