• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My osC doesn't remember guest record

ezbiker

Hi Everyone,

I need some help.

I just installed the 2.2rc2 and with lot of mod. One of the add-on is "recently viewed products". After installed the add-on everything goes smooth and thought that was done..One day I found another member with the same add-on but his able to remember the user recently viewed products, even shut down and rebot the computer again. But my add-on only can remember as I kept the browser on, it will totally forgot even I only shut down the browser.

Sorry for my english, I got some question as shown below;

1. I'm asking for help to someone point me the direction or tell me which part of code should I focus.

2. Does osC able to remember the guest cart even though they are not login?

Thanks for somebody out there would help me..thanks

Jay

I am no expert, but this sounds related to the browser bookies. Perhaps the browser is set to remove cookies on shut down?

Also, double check in /includes/configure.php

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '');

example, if you have

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mysite.c0m');

make sure all links on your site point to www.mysite.c0m and NOT mysite.c0m (no WWW)

Some sites have mod-rewrite rules, enforcing the use of www , or no www

If you have defined the 2 COOKIE_DOMAIN settings above, make sure there is no mod-rewrite rule that "breaks it"

Just call me Dewed ...

I am no expert, but this sounds related to the browser bookies. Perhaps the browser is set to remove cookies on shut down?

Also, double check in /includes/configure.php

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '');

example, if you have

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mysite.c0m');

make sure all links on your site point to www.mysite.c0m and NOT mysite.c0m (no WWW)

Some sites have mod-rewrite rules, enforcing the use of www , or no www

If you have defined the 2 COOKIE_DOMAIN settings above, make sure there is no mod-rewrite rule that "breaks it"

Hi Dewed,Thanks for the reply.

First, I use the same browser to access my site and the other site that can remember record. So I think the problem is not belong to browser..

Second, I did set the configure exact to your suggest already. But it doesn't work as well..

Third,made sure all links are point to www.mysite.c0m

The last thing "no mod-rewrite rule" can not sure..but I have ran through it and nothing found.

It really strange! everythings seems to be fine but the cookie record just don't go smooth...scratch my head til bleeding!

exaust!!!

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

If any programmer may figure out it. Welcome to PM me and I willing to solve it by hire!

Thanks!

Come on guys............................................................