• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image management questions

Fresh Start

Hello all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place and / or if I have not found the necessary thread, which may have answered my questions, prior to bringing this to your attention :-"

1. Had been considering installing a thumbnail contribution, however, given that a thumbnail system exists within v2.3.1 is it worth the attention I would need to give this? Prior to this question being posted, I had been experimenting with small / medium / large format, with individual folders in the image folder for each, however I experienced some difficulties with this (for some reason).

2. Just come across something, which I have found unusual. I have tried to change the permissions on a png image file, but it is not allowing me to do this? Wonder why? I had been experimenting using the same image for the store logo and the store banner. Changed the name of the image for each use. One allows changes to the permissions, the other does not.

All answers appreciated, as usual.

Kind regards,

Peter...

Hello all,

Regarding my questions, in previous post, have I placed them in the correct part of the forum? Note 45 'readings' but no idea's being shared? By the way, this is not a criticism, just an observation :rolleyes:

Kind regards,

Peter...