• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback Needed On My Adult Store- less than 1% conversion from 800+ visitors

kirstyffp

I have a conversion rate of less than 1% with nearly 1000 unique visitors this month. My google ads are achieving CTRs of 2% plus.

I am in the process of adding an SSl certificate to the checkout pages but am getting problems with switching between secure and unsecure. I am also in the process of changing some of the product descriptions and images.

My store is located Here and is called Dirty Pleasure (please dont look if you are offended by adult items)

All feedback will be greatly appreciated. If you suggest specific changes please let me know which files these changes should be made in as I am still learning- I didnt even know what php was until december! :blush:

Hi Kirsty,

I reviewed your site and could only find one problem, there is no SSL in place. The site is well organized, has a clean layout and is eye catching (not just the products, the moving banners, colors and video's)

Do you have google analytics to track your traffic ? How are you advertising the site ? I am not sure what the economy is like in the UK so I can't comment on that but, the site itself looks well prepared to handle your customers.

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for your feedback, I was worried there was something I hadnt noticed that was putting customers off. I will be adding an SSL in the next few days when I can figure out the cookie problems.

I dont have google analytics I am using awstats, would google be better? The visitors I have got so far have been from google adwords, link sharing and social media sites. I would like to create a bigger campaign but at the moment I would find it hard to justify spending £50+ a month for each ad when I am lacking in revenue to spend in the first place.

Kirsty

From the page source:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://info.template-help.com/files/ie6_warning/ie6_script_other.js"></script>

That'll trash your SSL in a heartbeat.

:blush:

You can't load scripts or images from http sources on https pages.

Either host the script locally and fix the URL to be "relative" so it won't interfere with SSL or remove it completely.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

And you should read the rules at the top of this page.

You're not supposed to receive feedback unless you comply with the posted rules.

Last time I looked your site was ineligible for feedback.

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

• 1 month later...

Get SSL.

Get Google Anaytics - more accurate I beleive.

Change your Add to cart link and others to buttons to make them stand out more.

Not too bad- site looks decent, and is quick.

Archived