• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Text format

Fresh Start

Hello all,

Am currently looking for advice on the following issue;

Have written my Privacy Policy (as well as all the others) and have saved in Word / html / php formats. Looks well laid out in Word / Notepad / Dreamweaver etc, however, when I cut and paste into the privacy.php file and view it in the store, it looks terrible. The layout is a long block of tiny lettered plain text, without any breaks, no bold headings, no underlining etc, which play a part in the text I wrote. Any ideas about how I can make the format more pleasing to the eye of the reader?

Another couple of tiny things I found this morning, when I cut and pasted in a longer piece of text to the conditions.php file, half of it disappeared??? Will keep looking into this myself, but will hopefully get some pointers from other users here.

I also noted that use of some plain English grammar was frowned upon by the store, which promptly crashed the site, for instance, if I were to write the following; 'vendor' within the text, the site would crash. Once the punctuation marks were removed and replaced by vendor, the site was back in business again?

Hope I have explained this adequately enough.

Kind regards,

Peter...

Hello all,

OK, think I am getting somewhere. Just noted that I did not copy and paste the text html code into OSC, which I have now done, with better results. Surprising what a short break a cup of tea and a large strawberry jam sandwich will do for the brain!

Kind regards,

Peter...

Peter,

Tips and Tricks Guidelines

Tips and tricks are only allowed to be posted in this forum channel. For support, please post in another related channel in this forum. If you come across a post not related to a tip or trick, please report it so it can be deleted.

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Peter,

Tips and Tricks Guidelines

Tips and tricks are only allowed to be posted in this forum channel. For support, please post in another related channel in this forum. If you come across a post not related to a tip or trick, please report it so it can be deleted.

Gotcha!

Sorry all :'( Could an Administrator 'cut and paste' this sorry arsed question in the correct place, PLEASE :-"

Kind regards,

Peter...

Archived