• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Categories Accordion Box for 2.3.1

kymation

Jim... been a while since I last asked; with the contribution upgrades, has the issue of the time lag of link text loading and displaying, then the actual category box been cured?

here is my store: www.discountegauges.com

of all the contributors to the oscommerce community, you are without a doubt, top shelf gold star material!!!

thanks for all your help,

Timmy C

I can't really say. I've never been able to reliably duplicate the error. Some sites work fine, and some with essentially identical code show the lag. My guess is that it is a server setting or some other host-related bug. I just don't know.

Your store loads fast for me in Firefox, Chrome, and IE 8. IE is the slowest, but then it always is. I don't know of any fix for the lag problem, or of any way to debug it, largely because I just can't see it on your store.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, that was a typo in the file name. You got it right. Next try -- find this code:

$categories_string .= ' </div>' . PHP_EOL;
 $categories_string .= ' <script type="text/javascript">' . PHP_EOL;
 $categories_string .= ' $(function() {' . PHP_EOL;

and change it to this:

$categories_string .= ' <script type="text/javascript">' . PHP_EOL;
 $categories_string .= ' $(function() {' . PHP_EOL;

Then find this code:

$data = ' <div id="categoriesMenu">' . PHP_EOL;
 $data .= $categories_string . PHP_EOL;
 $data .= ' </div>' . PHP_EOL;

and change it to this:

$data = ' <div id="categoriesMenu">' . PHP_EOL;
 $data .= $categories_string . PHP_EOL;

Again, please let me know if this helps.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

after updating to a new theme with theme roller jquery updated to ui-1.9.1 and jquery 1.8.2 and the output code got mixed up. Thanks to your above changes in bm_categories_accordeon.php the line break disappeared and your contrib works fine again. Thank you so much!!! ;)

jim... got rid of the simple checkout, turned accordian back on, loads way way faster!

is there a way to make the button display a little less in height, without sacrificing button text size?

any chance of assigning a different color to these than the other buttons on page?

Thanks a bunch,

Timmy C

The accordion is part of jQuery and is styled by the jQuery UI. You can modify the styling by adding the categoriesMenu ID to your stylesheet:

#categoriesMenu {
font-size: 0.8em;
}

and style that as you wish.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

after updating to a new theme with theme roller jquery updated to ui-1.9.1 and jquery 1.8.2 and the output code got mixed up. Thanks to your above changes in bm_categories_accordeon.php the line break disappeared and your contrib works fine again. Thank you so much!!! ;)

Hello,

first thx for addons

Unfortunately it does't work the line is still broken

jquery 1.9.1

@@kymation

Jim here is what I tried, added to the stylesheet.css; not sure if stylesheet position was critical, placed alphabetically.

#categoriesMenu {

font-size: .9em;

font-weight: bold;

color: #ccff00;

border: 1px solid #699859;

font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;

background: #000000 url(images/ui-bg_highlight-soft_75_000000_1x100.png) 50% 50% repeat-x;

}

didn't get any change, what did I not understand?

Thanks a bunch,

Timmy C

Check that you don't have a later definition in your stylesheet for #categoriesMenu that would override this one. Also, check that your stylesheet.css is the last thing loaded in the head section of the page.

Regards

Jim

The stylesheet must be last so it overrides the theme stylesheet. Move it down if it's not. And no, it's an ID, not a class, so # is correct.

Regards

Jim

I've uploaded a new release to the Addons area. This one fixes yet another IE bug. It's been tested with Internet Explorer 7, 8, and 9 using the stock and latest (1.8.2/1.9.1) versions of jQuery/jQuery UI. I've also moved more of the code into the module file and relocated the icon list to the /ext directory. This makes the install cleaner, as there are now only three new files and one modified. The modified file is the same in all of the 2.3.x releases of osCommerce, so it's safe to drop on top if you haven't made any other changes.

As before, there's an alternate version of the module file in the Extras directory for shared SSL users who have problems with the menu on SSL pages.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

Jim... changed the link to the stylesheet in template top to load after the various other files. got no change in the button color, but interestingly i get a black area (intended color of button,) behind the current button only while changing or refreshing a page, kinda eliminating the issue with the delay and viewing the button text in a huge text size when changing or refreshing a page. so progress, but just can't understand why can't get buttons to color as desired.

will install upgrade in tonite, thanks,

heard it's kinda rainy out there in your part of the world?

Timmy C

You may need to add the !important tag to your style elements, or at least to some of them. It all depends on which styles are already being applied to that element. Use Firebug (or the Firefox inspection tool) to determine which styles are being applied.

Regards

Jim

There appears to be an error of some sort in your code. I can't tell what that might be without looking at the site itself. You can post the site URL here or PM it to me if you don't want to post it in the public forum.

Regards

Jim

Hello Jim

Thanks for the answer.

I can not post the URL

It is installed on a local server for test.

In what file should the wrong code be.

I can post the code.

otherwise I'll have to make the installation online

Regards

Joachim

I don't know where the error is. It doesn't look like that on my test site, which has the Accordion Box added and nothing else, so it must be something else that you have added.

Regards

Jim

The list of icons is in catalog/ext/jquery/ui/icons.text. Check that the file is in the correct location.

I see that you have the module in the right column, but your sort order matches values for the left column. Try moving it to the left column and see what happens.

Regards

Jim

images/ui-bg_highlight-soft_75_000000_1x100.png

@@kymation

JIm... got to messing with this button issue, can't get this guy to submit to my whims!

here is the statement I added to the stylesheet.css:

#categoriesMenu {

font-size: 14px;

font-weight: bold;

border: 1px solid #699859;

background-color:#000000;

background: url(images/category_button.png) 50% 50% repeat-x !important;

I can change the font info, border and get the background-color to show up behind the button on a page refresh, anything done to get

background to display is not happening. I copied the .ui file for the button, changed it to category_button so it would not conflict, still no luck. original ui named as: ui-bg_highlight-soft_75_000000_1x100.png both the remnamed and the original are in catalog/images.

Could it be that the black shaded button I am trying to get, is somehow lodged under the yellow buttons displayed?

The stylesheet is the last loaded in the head of template_top

attempted to change colors using firebox style editor, could get a solid black but of course the change would affect all buttons.

would it be something where an extra dcefaulty button state might need to be added to the jquery file? If so, how would I make it get the attention in bm_categories_accordian.php module?

the store url is www.discountegauges.com

thanks again for all your help,

Timmy C