• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Featured Products for v2.3.x

Hi, @@Steve, and all:

A big thank you for your suggestion! There were many files to upload, and though I put in the defines in /includes/database_tables.php, I had not upload it to the server. Thanks so much.

So, no complaints about databases tables...

HOWEVER, I AM back to the original error message on my home page: vellatest.com/isistest

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/selenav/public_html/isistest/index.php on line 265

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/selenav/public_html/isistest/index.php on line 265

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/selenav/public_html/isistest/index.php on line 265

(It is repeated 3 times on the home page.)

I would appreciate suggestions as to where to look -- do you believe it best for me to start all over and double check my edits and upload the files again? or as experts do you know where to look already? (I have to admit, I am new to OSCommerce.)

Many thanks in advance!

Usually if the error has a file named in capital letters the file is either not present ot the define has not been added to the filenames folder. Check the filename defines for

// BOF: Featured Products

define('FILENAME_FEATURED', 'featured.php');

define('FILENAME_FEATURED_BOX', 'featured.php');

define('FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS', 'featured_products.php');

If i try going to http://vellatest.com/isistest/featured.php i get a page not found error, which could also be down to a missing define in the filenames folder. Also check that you have added the defines in the languages folders as directed in the instructions.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@mention and all:

I do wish to thank you all so much for your suggestions! I actually started over from the beginning, and restored the original OS Commerce files and started over.... and installed the new files and the modified files again.

Please note: I am using 2.3.1, and I DON'T have SSPC installed.

Now, I have the error message on the home page:

1054 - Unknown column 's.customers_group_id' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.customers_group_id, IF (s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) AS specials_new_products_price, p.products_price, pd.products_name FROM products p LEFT JOIN specials s ON p.products_id = s.products_id LEFT JOIN products_description pd ON p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = '1' LEFT JOIN featured f ON p.products_id = f.products_id WHERE p.products_status = '1' AND f.status = '1' AND s.customers_group_id ='0' order by rand(1536182995) DESC limit 6

[TEP STOP]

I realize that references to customers_group_id have to do with SSPC, therefore, I have removed or commented out (as far as I am to tell) all reference to this column form bm_featured.php. I thought I MUST use bm_featured.php as I am using 2.3.1, and the includes/boxes directory doesn't exist

Yet, I still have the same error.

The catalog/featured.php file contains NO reference to the customers_group_id column, as I am using the file from the download for 2.2.x.

As far as I am able to tell, therefore, only the includes/modules/bm_features.php has any reference to the customers_group_id column in my files.

Do I need to create the includes/boxes/directory and put featured.php in that directory? That doesn't sound correct for 2.3.1 - I haven't tried that, though

Still, it's odd that as far as I am to tell, any reference to the customers_group_id has been removed or commented out, and I still have the error...

Also note that 2.3.1 doesn't have the catalog/include/column_left.php file so I cannot follow step 14.

I would truly appreciate your assistance. At this point, I've hit a wall.

Unforutunately, the developer working on this before me agreed to a design that would necessitate the use of this contrib, and I am having to follow through somehow....

Thank you in advance! If you require further information, files, etc, etc, let me know, please.

Hi, @@Chris and all,

Yes, I once again check all my downloads and modifications, and did find that I had not download a file....

Now, if I still require your assistance (this is truly becoming frustrating, and I left this project for a day):

I no longer get the error re "1054 - Unknown column 's.customers_group_id' in 'field list'" -- HOWEVER:

1. The center content section is completely blank -- now, I don't have any items in "featured products" but don't know if this is what is supposed to be rendered (ie, totaly blank after "welcome, guest") if there are featured products -- I will examine the code more closely, but I'm not *so* experience @ PHP, so would like your assistance here.

2. Clearly, 2.2 version is expecting a catalog/includes/column_left.php.

When I click on the "featured products" link in the info box entitled information, I get an error indicating that: "catalog/includes/column_left.php does not exist.

I know this existed in 2.2, but does not in 2.3.1. As I mentioned, I am not so experienced in PHP, and it would help a great deal if I knew where to look and how to correct this.

As previously, I will happy to provide any further information and/or files that you may need to look at.

Thank you in advance!

Hi just for clarification, and perhaps making it easier to help me:

I did download the 2.3.1 fix - but it included the SPPC fix, so I removed all reference to SPPC; that's what remove the errors indicating that "customers_group_id" was not found.

And I get the results above. It did see a little earlier today another fix for 2.3.1 (thank you, @@Chris!), and it looks like it may not have the SPPC included.. I will try that as well.

In the meantime, I would greatly appreciate suggestions. I am beginning to run out of time....

As I mentioned, I am more than happy to provide any files, information, etc. that would help you.

Thanks again in advance!!

@@Chris:

Hallelujah! It's is (more or less) working -- yes the entire center of the home page is blank until I add a featured product (that almost gave me a heart attack).

And as is obvious since I was add a featured product, the admin panel works -- which I hadn't even broached.

And I was able to figure out why catalog_includes_column_left kept giving me a problem - in this case, I had downloaded the 2.2.x file (duh!) -- I had originally downloaded all versions.

No doubt, there will be more questions about this in the near future, thanks so much for all you suggestions and support!

Edited by svella

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@@staad

A default installation will show specials pricing within the featured products box. Ensure you have followed and completed ALL installation steps. If you still do not get specials pricing, then perhaps another add on has changed the pricing elements and is preventing featured products from processing the data.

Chris

@@DunWeb

- I've checked the installation and followed all the steps of the featured products, and everything looks good

In the "Featured" box to the left corner at the bottom where they work.

But not on the index page (index.php) in the middle where I have chosen to show 12 pieces featured product. Here, only the regular price.

There should be regular price (underlined) and the sale price in red below.

I have sent your a private message with same information and a bit more :) check there. Hope you or someone else can help me

Edited by staad

@@staad

Peter, then you have irregular code. The query pulls the standard price and also the specials price in the query at the beginning of the file.

I have installed this contribution countless times, have it working on my own sites and have never had an issue. Check your site

Chris

ps. you can also click the link on my profile to my template site and see it functioning there.

@@DunWeb

Now I have installed osc 2.3 from scratch and with any other add-ons.

I install this Featured products "date 9 feb 2011" http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7832/v,23

I have followed every step by step in Featured products install intruction, but it still does not work on the index.php page with Featured products.

I used the Featured products in osc 2.2 without problems before

In osc 2.3 it does not work.

do you have any ideas?

Edited by staad

@@staad

Is your issue still the specials price not appearing? If so I had the same issue and ended up getting it fixed by a php programmer. If you want I can send you the fixed file?

Colin

Edited by cbonnar

Thanks

Colin

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I'm having a problem with Featured Products.

I installed it, but when I go to admin / catalog box / Featured Products

I have the following error:

Featured Products

1146 - Table 'osc233newtek.TABLE_FEATURED' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from products p, TABLE_FEATURED s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '5' and p.products_id = s.products_id

[TEP STOP]

Did somebody had this problem before. Have you any idea where it comes from???

Thanks,

D

Hi Chris,

It's all working very well but I have the same error svella.

you can see it on their website: http://vellatest.com/isistest/index2.php

The Featured to the right link sends me to http://vellatest.com/isistest/featured.php

and not to http://vellatest.com/isistest/featured_products.php

Any suggestions?

regards

D

@@Diegosa

Hi Diego,

I have updated the contribution to correct the bug in the /includes/modules/boxes/bm_featured.php file. The new download corrects the link issue you have identified. Thank you for pointing out the error. To correct your problem, simply download the new version (R1) and replace that file in your installation.

Chris