• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Featured Products for v2.3.x

Colin,

If you have changed the default date format, then you will also need to change the date format in featured products in order for it to work.

Chris

Hello all!

Step 18 says:

Use phpmyadmin or similar to run the following query once you have completed steps 17-1 above:

update configuration set set_function="tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false')," where configuration_key='FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY'

update configuration set set_function="tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false')," where configuration_key='FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY'

In phpmyadmin I try to this but get the following error: "You have to choose at least one column to display" what colum is it looking for?

Any help you can give would be great.

Edited by Guardian_Tech

Mathew,

Use the SQL tab to run the SQL statement using phpmyadmin.

The other message you are getting is because you didn't upload the /includes/modules/featured_products.php file to the proper directory.

Chris

WOW! Fast Reply! The other error which I removed minutes after posting which was not fast enough for you ; ) was due to leaving NEW_ attached when replacing that line of code....I guess now I should have left it but dont remember the error.

As for the first part, THANKS! that did it. One other problem I notice is if I select a product to look at, the "featured" box in column_left shows up as “BOX_HEADING_FEATURED” Any ideas?

Edited by Guardian_Tech

Thanks Chris for all the fast support. One more thing if you might know the answer, The featured items are missing the Add to cart and details buttons along with basic details like qty, weight, etc. Is this something I missed in the installation or is there a way to code this to include those items?

Mathew,

The /includes/modules/featured.php file does not include the buy now or quantity calls BUT, if you wanted them you could use the /includes/modules/new_products.php file as a reference on how to add them. The featured.php file was based on the new_products.php file.

Chris

Edited by DunWeb

• 2 weeks later...

Colin,

If you have changed the default date format, then you will also need to change the date format in featured products in order for it to work.

Chris

Chris,

Sorry for the slow response in reply. When you say you will need to 'change the date format in featured products' where do I make the change?

Thanks

Colin

Thanks

Colin

All,

I have another problem. When you set the 'Display Cart After Adding Product' under 'My Store' in the admin section to 'false' and click add to cart button the product is added to your cart but you get an error 'Product not found!' screen.

Any idea's. Works ok if 'Display Cart After Adding Product' set to true

Thanks

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just installed this but when I go into the admin and catalog all I have is < instead of saying Featured Products, when i click on the < it states

The requested URL /zxmnv/< was not found on this server.

the zxmnv is the name of my admin folder

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

All,

I have another problem. When you set the 'Display Cart After Adding Product' under 'My Store' in the admin section to 'false' and click add to cart button the product is added to your cart but you get an error 'Product not found!' screen.

Colin,

That is a sessions issue, not related to this contribution.

Chris

Chris,

I am not sure it is as if you turn off the 'Display Cart After Adding Product' in the admin section it works fine and if I have this on and select a product from the product listing it works ok. It seems to be something to do with the return after adding to cart. In product listing it just returns to the product listing after you click add to card, as expected, but I am not sure how you have implemented this in the feature listing.

Thanks

Colin

All,

Chris,

Sorry for the slow response in reply. When you say you will need to 'change the date format in featured products' where do I make the change?

Thanks

Colin

Chris,

I may be not understanding you on this so where do I change this? I have adjusted the english.php files for AUS date format but when I click on the > next to the date when setting a date on a featured product still no calendar?

Thanks

Thanks

Colin

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I am building a new site, and want to use both the featured module and the new products module on the index page. Is there an easy way to make both work on the same site, and how do i then install this module on the ftp and in the database?

hope to hear from you soon..

Thanks

• 1 month later...

DunWeb,

I successfully installed featured modules. Initially I thought the modification was not working because the products I added from the drop-down list were not displaying. However, after several test cases I made the observation that those products were inactive products to begin with. I recommend in future releases that the drop-down list only includes active products. I may attempt to correct this myself. If this is the case I will post the cost the code here for others.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will keep it in mind if I ever release another revision of this. In the meantime, feel free to make a revision if you have time.

Chris

Chris, I've installed this contribution onto my 2.2 rc2a shop, I may be mistaken butI thought I read that it would run fine. I dont get any errors though until I go to actually add products from my admin console. Under Catalog, when I click on "Featured Products" as if I am going to add them, I get a fatal error saying that it... well...

Warning: require(includes/template_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/xxxxxx/webspace/httpdocs/testsite/catalog/xxxxxadminxxxxx/featured.php on line 64 Warning: require(includes/template_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/xxxxxx/webspace/httpdocs/testsite/catalog/xxxxxadminxxxx/featured.php on line 64 Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/template_top.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes') in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/xxxxx/webspace/httpdocs/testsite/catalog/xxxxadminxxxx/featured.php on line 64

Do you have any ideas? or can I just add that in?