• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SIM Transaction Error Notification

vibewireless

I find many posts but no clear responses with any fixes.

My OSCommerce version is V2.2 RC2

Using Authorize.net SIM for payments.

Default settings in admin with login API and transaction key.

1. Customers can place transactions and are redirected to https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll just fine. When the forms are completed and the credit card information is submitted, customer immediately gets the response:

------------------------------An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

------------------------------

In my authorize.net admin the transaction is completed successfully. I get the following email from authorize.net:

**Please DO NOT REPLY to this message. E-mail [email protected] if you have any questions.

Authorize.Net Merchant,

Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.

Transaction ID: 123456789

Transaction Result: This transaction has been approved.

The following message was displayed to the customer:

------------------------------An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

------------------------------

So, in a nutshell, the card is being charged just fine but the error is displayed on the screen.

In addition, the order isn't being completed and is not showing up in admin.

Lastly, the customer's cart (even though their card is charged) isn't being emptied and the next time they log in, the product from the transaction is still visible in the cart.

It's as though the card is being charged, but the order is not being completed.

Suggestions on Fixes? And, i do not desire to install an SSL certificate so using AIM method is not an option.

Surely there is a fix to the error encountered with SIM.