• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official Dwolla Support Thread

• 1 month later...

I have the Dwolla payment method installed and I it works OK when I don't have the One Page Checkout enabled, but with OPC enabled it does not show the box to enter the account number.

I realize you may not have any experience with One Page Checkout, but the OPC thread will have no experience with Dwolla. I will also post this there.

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Dwolla payment method installed and I it works OK when I don't have the One Page Checkout enabled, but with OPC enabled it does not show the box to enter the account number.

I realize you may not have any experience with One Page Checkout, but the OPC thread will have no experience with Dwolla. I will also post this there.

New version of Dwolla payment module that is OnePage Checkout compatible has been posted : http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7732 !!!

Thank You!

• 8 months later...

Hi, installed the new version. Signed up for my business dwolla acct. Under payment mod config it asks for the The API hash value to verify transactions with. All I get from Dwolla is the API key and code which I entered. Is the API hash value necessary and if so where do i get it? Thanks!!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the link to the support thread:

http://getsatisfacti...n#reply_7342061

Seems like this hash tag entry isn't supposed to be there, wasn't programmed into the original module, and might be appearing due to some odd config or set up different than stock OSC. I am having the same problem and I am running a hacked up version of old CRE Loaded mixed with standard OSC.

Edited by fiodh

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, i see, you need to be registered as a Dwolla customer and have them verify your bank information...

Is there anyone who made Dwolla and PayPal as there only payment?? I think there still needs to be some what of a seamless way for our customers to pay.. without jumping through too many hoops??

Has anyone come up with a good way to have customers register with Dwolla and then lead them back to our Shopping Cart ??

• 1 month later...

I was away over at the dwolla support thread for a while but finally came back with this info. It seems the first 1.0 version of the plug in module doesn't require the hash tag entry, and works well for people. I am still trying to test it with my own dwolla account, have not seen a successful transaction yet.

The downside to dwolla is no way to set up an account instantly and get the money moving. The account has to be set up, then the customer's bank account verified, (2 business days) and then money transferred into dwolla. (5 days) Then they can come back and purchase. If the customer already has a dwolla account then they'd better have money in it or it will still take the 3-5 days.

There is a way to add a discount to a specific payment module. I have just set up our site to offer 2% off if dwolla is used. There are two ways to do this, using this module:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/248

Or using a modified version of that module, for adding surcharges to a specific payment, but in this case, add a surcharge of -2%.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1306/v,22

There is more testing to be done methinks.

I wish I wish I could dump all payment methods except this one, it would save so much $$.

Hopefully this is not too far off topic - One thing about the discount module is the "order total" display order should be set properly after installing the module. for example, by default the discount displays at the bottom of the order total page, below the final grand total. This can be set in the "order total" modules admin area and get it showing in between the tax and shipping, or below the subtotal depending. It looks better that way.

Sorry for the extra post.

Edited by fiodh

OK Finally got it working right. The checkout process is thus: When the customer enters their dwolla acct number and clicks "review order" the payment module notifies dwolla directly that a transaction is taking place. Dwolla then immediately emails the customer a secure payment key. On the final 'confirm order" page, at the bottom, there is a text box asking for this key. Enter the key, click confirm, and voila, the order is processed.

A bit of a process but works well.

• 1 month later...

I have osCommerce 2.3.1 and Dwolla module installed. When customer is trying to checkout he gets this:

Depreciated: Function ereg() is depreciated in nusoap.php line 768

Any solution? Thanks.

Edited by motorsep

Updated the payment module, getting different kind of error:

Depreciated: Assign the return value of new by reference is depreciated in nusoap.php on line 7381

Warning: Can not modify header information - header already sent by (output started at nusoap.php on line 7381) in ../includes/functions/general.php on line 45

Geez, what's with that Dwolla guys?!

i recently added dwolla payment to my site using the Mar 9 version of this contrib. seems to mostly work until you try to complete checkout. customers see

The Dwolla account ID specified is not the proper format (XXX-XXX-XXXX).

despite it being entered properly.

no useful information shows up in the logs, only

[error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake interrupted by system

[error] System: Connection reset by peer (errno: 54)

any clues about debugging these errors would be helpful.

i recently added dwolla payment to my site using the Mar 9 version of this contrib. seems to mostly work until you try to complete checkout. customers see

The Dwolla account ID specified is not the proper format (XXX-XXX-XXXX).

despite it being entered properly.

did some further investigation myself, found that some $_POST variables were not carrying values correctly.

seems that the accountId and paymentKey $_POST variables are unset when it gets to the before_process function in dwolla.php. just to be clear i have a checkout flow like

checkout_shipping -> checkout_payment -> checkout_confirmation -> pay on other site, e.g. PP or dwolla

and then it brings me back to the checkout_payment screen and complains about the account number being invalid.

• 8 months later...

Dwolla just released a new API, one that allows customers to check out without having already set up a dwolla account. It works more like paypal checkout where the user leaves the commerce site, enters data at dwolla's site, (name, checking account info) and then is returned to the commerce site when the transaction is successful. Here are a couple of links about it:

http://developers.dwolla.com/dev/docs/gateway/guest#ux

http://blog.dwolla.com/guest-checkout/

Here is a link to their support thread for OS Commerce, no mention of a module update yet.

https://getsatisfaction.com/dwolla/topics/api_hash_tag?

• 1 month later...

I've got this installed (10 Nov 2012 version 2.0), have an account setup (still waiting on the photo ID verification so I can add my funding source), and am getting an error on the order confirmation page:

There was a problem completing this checkout. Dwolla said: Invalid application credentials.

Is this error because I am not fully set up with Dwolla? I have the API key and code, and have tried with and without the account number in admin. The Dwolla documentation is seriously lacking and half of the links are dead ends on their site. Do I need to create an application?

Finally figured out that I do need an application. So now I am able to get past the Invalid application credentials on the Order Confirmation Page, but after clicking on the Confirm Order button I get the - Oopsie! Destination account cannot be the same as the current account error at the Dwolla website.

Anybody have an idea what would need to changed to get this to work?

• 2 months later...

Sounds like you are trying to buy something with the same account that is receiving the funds. Set up a separate personal account and also your business account and try that.

Sounds like you are trying to buy something with the same account that is receiving the funds. Set up a separate personal account and also your business account and try that.

yes, I got that figured out back in Jan. Everything seems to work now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there anyone supporting the dwolla addon? I can get it installed ok. And, it will successfully process a transaction. But, if one cancels, or the transaction or the transaction failed the order still goes through and the order set to pending. I can't figure out what needs to be changed.