• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Super Download Store for Version 2.3.x

This addon does work. I have installed it on my shop and it works for free and paid downloads. As it works out of the box, there is very little need for support and Chris does come here and give suport when he has time, and when it is needed most.

What are you having trouble with as I may be able to help.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...

I've read all 8 pages of this thread and I can't find anywhere where it gives details on how to complete step 3.2 And then add new definitions to files list below:

Do I just copy the code from the manual installation for the files listed in this step? If so, there is no code for the last files in this step: catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes.php

I've been banging my head against a brick wall for 3 months with this stuff. I give up, look for something else, but this has the 2 features I need - Paypal Express & bundled products. Please, I really need some help here with this....

Edited by cat_woman

Signed off -> Jumped ship -> I'm using Tomato Cart

@@Cat_woman

Text definitions are copied into the appropriate file, in your case the /admin/includes/languages/english/product_attributes.php file.

Copy these lines at the bottom of the file BEFORE the closing php tag:

// BOF Super Download Store v2.3.x mod

define('HEADING_TITLE_FILEGROUP', 'File Groups');

define('HEADING_TITLE_FILEGROUP_FILES', 'Files In Group');

define('HEADING_TITLE_MASSIVE_FILES', 'Add Multiple Files To Group');

define('HEADING_TITLE_DELETE_FILE', 'Delete File');

define('TABLE_HEADING_FILEGROUP_NAME', 'File Group Name');

define('TABLE_HEADING_GROUPFILE_DESCRIPTION', 'File Decription');

define('TABLE_HEADING_GROUPFILE_NAME', 'File Name');

define('TABLE_TEXT_FILEGROUP', 'File Group:');

define('TEXT_OPTION_FILEGROUP', 'Group Name');

define('TEXT_TEMP_DESC', 'Download File');

define('TEXT_SELECT_INPUT', 'Select from list or input filename');

define('TEXT_MASSIVE_INPUT', 'Add mutiple files to this group');

define('TEXT_CREATE_GROUP_FIRST', 'Please create file group first.');

define('TEXT_DELETE_FROM_GROUP', 'Delete this file from group:');

define('TEXT_DELETE_FROM_ALL_GROUPS', 'Delete this file from <b>All Groups!</b><br><span class="smallText">Delete from all groups will clean up file description as well.</span>');

define('TEXT_FILE_IN_OTHER_GROUPS', 'This file is also in these groups:');

define('TEXT_FILE_IN_GROUP', 'files still in this group.<br><span class="smallText">If the files are not in any other groups, deleting this group will also clean up the descriptions of the files.</span>');

define('TEXT_DELETE_NO_OTHER_GROUP', 'This file is not in any other group.<br><span class="smallText">Delete this file will also clean up file description as well.</span>');

define('TEXT_UP_ONE_LEVEL', 'Up one level');

define('TEXT_NO_FILE_IN_FOLDER', 'No file found in this folder.');

define('ERROR_NO_FILENAME', 'You didn\'t assign a filename.');

define('ERROR_FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST', 'The file %s doesn\'t exist.');

// EOF Super Download Store v2.3.x mod

to the bottom of that file.

BTW, the newest version does not have numbered steps......(3.2)....so, I am not sure what version you are installing. You should be installed the newest FULL PACKAGE version.

Chris

Edited by DunWeb

So, that piece of code is already in that php file. Its a little confusing, especially since I have very little experience with this type of thing. I haven't looked at any sort of code since I was in my first year of university learning Fortran - many many many moons ago....

@@Cat_woman

omg, Fortran......wow....

Anyway, you have to add the above language definitions to the aforementioned file. Just be sure to add them BEFORE the closing ?> tag

Chris

Ok, so I'm starting to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel (doing the happy dance). I have just one more hurdle and then I think the rest is cosmetic stuff which I can deal with. I ran a test using Paypal sandbox to test the product set up and downloads and everything works fine until it comes to the order success page. I'm getting these weird errors. I did see a post on this, but I can't find it again and I can't remember what search terms I used or if it was through google that I searched. Also notice the date the product links expire - weird! At any rate, here is what it looks like:

3981168_orig.jpg

Edited by cat_woman

@@Cat_woman

Ok, first, if you are offering instant downloads, you will have to set the default order status to anything above 11. Second, the error message is because the code was edited incorrectly. Third, your server date/ time needs to be set correctly, it is definitely not 1969....lol

Chris

Ok, I'm just about there, but I'm still not getting the downloads to show up and I'm still getting the weird expiry date (my host did a test and not the server settings - so it has to be code somewhere). Can someone tell me by looking at my screenshots what I might have configured incorrectly? another thing I noticed is that the names of the grouped product is showing all the file names as the same, but I do have different names in the files in the products attributes screen...

So these are the screens I get when I complete an order and going into order history:

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/8/2/2282559/7501654_orig.jpg

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/8/2/2282559/8396520_orig.jpg

and these are how I have my shop & products configured. If anyone can tell me what the problem is, I would really appreciate the help.

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/8/2/2282559/4161106_orig.jpg

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/8/2/2282559/8215471_orig.jpg

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/8/2/2282559/7330600_orig.jpg

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/8/2/2282559/8499629_orig.jpg

I've tried both download by redirect set to either true or false and neither worked at getting the downloads to show up.

ETA: I see the image thingy doesn't work properly...

Edited by cat_woman

I did some more fiddling around and was finally able to get the download buttons to show up but they aren't right, although the date fixed itself when the dl buttons appeared.

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/8/2/2282559/9288526_orig.jpg

I think I saw something about the buttons, but I didn't understand it at the time I was reading, so I'll see if I can find that post...

But, what I'm wondering about is how they eventually came to show up. I was updating the order manually from the admin panel and just going through each state in order from the drop down and refreshing the front end screen where the test order was sitting. When I updated to download now available (which is the second time this order was in this state) it brought up the download buttons on the front end. I hope I'm not going to have to do this for every order. That would kind of defeat the purpose of having instant downloads...

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/8/2/2282559/1772863_orig.jpg

So again, any advise anyone can offer about this would be so much appreciated...

So, another thought I had was what if its how my paypal account is set up. Are there any must have features on the paypal account to allow the instant download. I've set my sandbox account as a business account to accept payment through paypal express for digital downloads. I can't figure out how to get the stupid download links to show up. I'm getting very frustrated with this now...

@@Cat_woman

PayPal has nothing to do with your virtual products. However, keep in mind that does NOT have a seller protection policy for virtual goods. I DO NOT suggest allowing PayPal payments for your virtual goods as there are too many fraudulent purchases of virtual goods.

Having said that, you can't test your virtual purchases in sandbox mode.

To correct the button, add the button test definition to the /includes/languages/english.php file

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_DOWNLOAD', 'Download');

Chris

Ohhhhhh. I see now.... :) I guess I'll have to set up a personal Paypal account to test my site. While I have your attention :) Do you know off hand what the latest addon is for gift cards/voucher & coupons?

I still can't get the downloads to show up. I assume it has something to do with the Set Order Status & PayPal Transactions Order Status Level setting in the payment module for Paypal express. I have the Downloads Controller Update Status Value set to 12 & the Downloads Controller Order Status Value set to 12 (per DunWeb's post (#160) to have it set higher than 11). I'm using a real paypal account and set my product prices as 0.25 just so I'm not transferring hundreds of dollars into Paypal to get this sorted out. What should these setting be to make this thing work?

This addon does work. I have installed it on my shop and it works for free and paid downloads. As it works out of the box, there is very little need for support and Chris does come here and give suport when he has time, and when it is needed most.

What are you having trouble with as I may be able to help.

14steve14, please help cat_woman.

14steve14, please help cat_woman.

I do not support this, I use it on a few 2.3 test sites and have no problems with it so I know it works. I did initially have a problem with the downloads not showing but the early posts in this thread sorted the problems I was having.

I only uase the paypal standard module so thing may be different that your paypal express module.

As to the settings Firstly the product should have a zero weight. OSC will then know that it is a virtual product.

Then go into your localisation - order status and ensure that the downloads status is set correctly. Mine is set so that all paymant methods trhat are not completed are set to false and the rest are set to true. So things like preparing and processing are false.

Then in the configuration - downloads settings area I have

Enable download: True

Download by redirect: False

Expiry days: 21

Maximum number of downloads: 3

Downloads controller update status value: 12

Downloads controller downloads message:

Downloads controller order status value: 10

Enable group file download: False

I do believe that all these settings are standard and are set by using the sql files included with the addon. I also think that the addon automatically installs some of the data and you have to add the extra one supplied.

Now when you make a test purchase using paypal when you return to the site you should get the download buttons. If you do not get them try going into the customers - orders- and click the order that you made. Click the edit button at the top right and look to see what the order status is.

I hope that helps you a bit.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

thanks! I'll try switching to Paypal Standard and see how that goes. I'm trying, but it doesn't seem to want to co-operate...

Edited by cat_woman

So I finally got it to work with PayPal Standard. There really should be an update to the information provided with the installation document. Nowhere does it say that [Contribution] Super Download Store for Version 2.3.x doesn't work with Paypal Express. I'm so PO'd with this that I'm really contemplating just junking OSC and going with Woocommerce instead because of the bad taste left in my mouth over this...

@@cat_woman

Sorry to chime in so late, but I did have it working with PayPal Express.

What were the errors you were getting with PayPal Express?

My store:

http://mtrosemedia.tk/store

You can see that I have PayPal Express and Direct Checkout through PayPal. Both work just fine (You can test with a guest account)

Edited by newburns

@@cat_woman

Sorry to chime in so late, but I did have it working with PayPal Express.

What were the errors you were getting with PayPal Express?

My store:

http://mtrosemedia.tk/store

You can see that I have PayPal Express and Direct Checkout through PayPal. Both work just fine (You can test with a guest account)

The only issue is that I cannot get the links after payment. Everthing else is great. I know it has to do with the setting I have for payment. If you wouldn't mind taking a look at my ealier post #161, I have a group of links to screenshots. The second group of 4 has the settings I have (the first one and the last one). I know its got to be a combination of those - or at the very least the Paypal order status settings since the download controller setting work when I use Paypal standard.

This is really making me weary. I've stressed so much about it I've made myself sick, so now I'll have a summer cold for the next 2 weeks...

I have one more question for you... Were you able to do testing with Paypal express with a sandbox account? I can do it just fine with other software, just not OSC...

Thanks for jumping in.

Edited by cat_woman

• 3 months later...

I have installed Super Download Store and it works fine. My questions are: The IMAGE_BUTTON_DOWNLOAD under the Download link seems to be an image. Where do I find this image? There was no button_image.gif in the new files folder. To the right of that image is the text "Link expires". I want to translate these words. Where do I find them?

• 1 month later...

I found the fix for PayPal express and super download store contribution.

The problem was that the PayPal express module doesn't register a last modified date in the orders table. So the expire date isn't calculated and the download link doesn't show.

I added in

/[catalog]/checkout_process.php

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find the following Code around line 117

'cc_expires' => $order->info['cc_expires'],

ADD the following BELOW it:

'last_modified' => 'now()',

This works for me in my OsC 3.3.4. store

Edited by raiwa

• 1 month later...

I found the fix for PayPal express and super download store contribution.

The problem was that the PayPal express module doesn't register a last modified date in the orders table. So the expire date isn't calculated and the download link doesn't show.

I added in

/[catalog]/checkout_process.php

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find the following Code around line 117

'cc_expires' => $order->info['cc_expires'],

ADD the following BELOW it:

'last_modified' => 'now()',

This works for me in my OsC 3.3.4. store

Thanks for this - was having the same problem with a different payment module