• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Super Download Store for Version 2.3.x

You could make the price zero, and you should be able to download the product.

When I enter a zero price I get the following answer:

Order total is invalid.

@@Steve,

have you an e-commerce portal for the sale of e-books, software, mp3, DVD, ....?

Can you show me how you have organized it ?

Thanks

Edited by Eduardo9350

I sell zipped file downloads at railwayscenics.com. Take a look at any of the download products. The category pre printed kits and sheets then model building kits would probably be the best to look at. You could also click on the free downloads link in the header to see that as well. ( there is an addon to replicate this page)

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I am still having trouble getting my Download Now button to show. In catalog/includes/modules/downloads.php when I echo the value for DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD . $downloads['orders_products_filename'] it gives the correct path to the downloads directory, but then lists the zipped filename twice with one space between then. I'm am wondering if this is making it not find the file to display the download button. What would made the filename show up twice?

Sorry - I'm such a rookie at this, but I feel like I am starting to figure it out.

Lori

Do you really fully understand the original code I wrote for SDS?

@@AlexStudio

The whole community is interested in this important application.

You are the first author.

Why have you abandoned it in the hands of unqualified speculators?

All want you rewrite the code for the osc 2.3.3 release with the precision and professionalism that marks you.

Please accept our request.

• 4 months later...

I am having issues with this mod on a nude site of 2.3.3

WAMP Server

Enable download = Yes

Group File Download = Yes

Everything appears to be installed correctly. No errors are reported.

Created file group: Digital Combos -- and Added files: File1.zip, file2.zip

I have one product. For this product I have applied the following attributes:

Option: Format

Values:

->DVD

->Digital (Android) (file1.zip) (no group file)

->Digital (Apple) (file2.zip) (no group file)

->Digital (Both) (no file) (Digtal Combos (is file group))

I can check out successfully under the options of Digital (Android) and Digital (Apple).

Checking out with the option of Digital (Both) also completes successfully, however I am unable to download the grouped files associated with that item. There is no link to download.

I noticed that the attribute Digital (Both) now lists a file name "Group_Files-1" and is still under the "Digital Combos" file group.

Order status is 15 and the database shows "Group_Files-1" under "orders_products_filename" under table "orders_products_download". I also see there is an entry for this under table "products_attributes_download"

I have not modded the database in anyway, just observed the data.

Where should I be looking to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

Follow Up:

I noticed if I manually add a folder called "Group_Files-2" to my download folder, a link will appear on the account page. It is click-able, and initiates an file download titled the "Group_Files-2" but it has no extension and is an empty file.

Also, If i have sub-folders within my download folder, I can see them when I click on add multiple files, but clicking on them yields a display of the download directory and not the sub-folder.

Is this the correct result? Perhaps I am missing a proper step.

@@DunWeb Thanks for the response.

They are set up as follows:

download/file1.zip

download/file2.zip

download/file3.zip

download/Group_Files-1/file4.zip

download/Group_Files-1/file5.zip

download/Group_Files-1/file6.zip

Is that correctly structured?

The downloader gives me an option to download "Group_Files-1" - no extension - empty file.

I had to manually make the subfolder "Group_Files-1"

Edited by Spiralx

@@DunWeb Thanks for the response.

They are set up as follows:

download/file1.zip

download/file2.zip

download/file3.zip

download/Group_Files-1/file4.zip

download/Group_Files-1/file5.zip

download/Group_Files-1/file6.zip

Is that correctly structured?

The downloader gives me an option to download "Group_Files-1" - no extension - empty file.

I had to manually make the subfolder "Group_Files-1"

In this mod there is always something that does not work.

Nobody helps us, even if you pay the service.

@@Spiralx

That is correct. Unfortunately, you would have to manually create each group sub-directory.

Chris

@@DunWeb

Understood.

Any idea then why I am getting an empty file named "Group_Files-1" instead of the zip files in them?

I feel like I have this installed correctly, but have missed a setup step.

Edited by Spiralx

• 4 weeks later...

How can I help to clean up the code??

I'm not a developer, but I follow directions. And it was frustrating to try and find the solutions to some issues that were solved long ago, but never implemented.

I would like to include all the changes @@fulluvscents has suggested on page 2 post #24 and @@vortexfilm post #50.

I will go through and update the drop on top PHP files, and update the instructions, but I need to know how to do it. I want to learn how to create instructions like '@@FWR Media' , but I'm still learning.

PLEASE HELP ME HELP Others.

I'm trying to do the same thing to this addon: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/374736-credit-class-gift-vouchers-ccgv-for-231/page__st__100

Just a step by step. ie. go to this link, request upload rights, upload your file here for review (Something like this)

http://mtrosemedia.tk/store

I'm also getting this error

Any help is appreciated.

Error: Use of undefined constant DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_FILEGROUP_STATUS - assumed 'DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_FILEGROUP_STATUS'

File: includes/modules/downloads.php

• 3 months later...

Everything installed but when trying to open 'filegroup_db_setup.php' I get this message:

File group 0 for lauguage: Danish already exists.

File group 0 for lauguage: English already exists.

File group 0 for lauguage: Deutsch already exists.

Don't forget to delete filegroup_db_setup.php from your catalog/admin/ directory.

What can I do to make it work?

@@jenDK

That means the database tables for those languages have already been created. DON'T run the filegroup_db_setup.php file again.

Chris

I won't - but I'm afraid that I did do that (because it said "nothing imported 2 times").

The question is: How do I correct it?

I can't see any double entries in the database and both 'check' and 'analyse' say that things are OK!

(I'm not familiar with databases but hope to be ;-) )

Well, maybe it's not an error after all. Just look at the filegroup_db_setup.php:

<?php

require('includes/application_top.php');

$languages = tep_get_languages();

$group_zero = 'No File Group'; // DO NOT change the name of file group #0 !!

$feedback = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i ++) {

$filegroup_initial_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS . " where download_group_id = 0 and language_id = '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "'");

if(tep_db_num_rows($filegroup_initial_query) == 0) {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS . " (download_group_id, download_group_name, language_id) values (0, '" . tep_db_input($group_zero) . "', '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "')");

$feedback .= 'File group 0 for lauguage: ' . $languages[$i]['name'] . ' inserted.<br>';

} else {

$feedback .= 'File group 0 for lauguage: ' . $languages[$i]['name'] . ' already exists.<br>';

}

$feedback .= '<br>';

}

echo $feedback . 'Don\'t forget to delete filegroup_db_setup.php from your catalog/admin/ directory.';

?>

I guess that means that everything is as it should be - so far :thumbsup:

am I right?

@@Eduardo9350

Thank you for telling ...

Searching in forum for "download" is waste of time, too :(

Do you know an addon for payed and free downloads that really works?

- or what to look for to find it without getting thousands of irrellevant links with the word "download".