• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Super Download Store for Version 2.3.x

So, to be specific: if Downloads Controller Order Status Value is set to 10 and Downloads Controller Update Status Value is 12 with that work? Those are what the defaults are. And when I put the filename in should I put the file extension - "feismom.zip" or just the name portion and the program assumes it is zip.

Thanks for your patience, Lori

I am still struggling with this after countless hours. I have gone back over the install again and all the modified files. I have set up a few products - one set to download unreal.zip and I still can't get the download button to show. It seems to be working on some level because from the account screen I can view an order (Download Now Available) and at the bottom it says, "Download links" and then three columns: the product name, the date the link expires (7 days from today), and that 5 downloads are remaining. BUT there is no download link button. I have checked the spelling and capitalization of the zip file names. The download status is set to 12. There is only one download folder, right? and it should be directly under catalog, right?

What should the file permissions be set at for the zip files and the download directory? What else could be wrong? This has got to be something really stupid that I am missing.

I just noticed that when I unzipped the package I downloaded Super_Download_Store_2.3.x (R1) has instructions to manually modify the files (manual_install) and these instructions list different code than the php file in the Modified Files directory for admin/products_attributes.php. The one in the modified files directory has reference to Super Download Shop v1.0 mod, but no places where I see the version 2.3 listed like it suggests in the manual installation file. Do I not have the most recent version of this?

Problem after install. Admin breaks when selecting "Products Attributes".

Error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/....../admin/products_attributes.php on line 854

That line is: </table>

It is right after the added code:

//<!--// BOF Super Download Store v2.3.x mod -->

<?php

if ( DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_FILEGROUP_STATUS == 'Yes' ) {

?>

<tr class="<?php echo (!($rows % 2)? 'attributes-even' : 'attributes-odd');?>">

<td class="smallText"></td>

<td class="smallText"><?php echo TABLE_TEXT_FILEGROUP; ?></td>

<td class="smallText"> <select name="filegroup_id">

<?php

$file_groups_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS . " where language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by download_group_id");

while ($file_groups = tep_db_fetch_array($file_groups_query)) {

if ($file_groups['download_group_id'] == $products_attributes_filegroup_id) {

echo "\n" . '<option name="' . TEXT_OPTION_FILEGROUP . '" value="' . $file_groups['download_group_id'] . '" SELECTED>' . $file_groups['download_group_name'] . '</option>';

} else {

echo "\n" . '<option name="' . TEXT_OPTION_FILEGROUP . '" value="' . $file_groups['download_group_id'] . '">' . $file_groups['download_group_name'] . '</option>';

}

}

?>

</select> </td>

</tr>

<?php

}

// EOF Super Download Store v2.3.x mod

</table>

</td>

<td> </td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

This was a clean install on new store.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

** My appologies if this is not the correct thread. I'm confused as to why there seems to be only one thread for this entire module. This makes for very difficult reading.

I have the same problem. How did you solve it?

I think these were the only things that I ran across. I'll keep an eye on this thread. If you run into any other problems, it might be something that I also ran across and if I have a fix for it, I'll get it posted.

Jetta please

have you encountered the following problem?

Problem after install. Admin breaks when selecting "Products Attributes".

Error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/....../admin/products_attributes.php on line 854

How did you solve it?

I haven't been getting many responses here lately..... In the last few days I've spent quite a bit of time chasing down syntax errors after I thought I had followed the instructions correctly for installing this. I'm not every experienced at this but I am copying this section of code that seems to be working for me right now. Hope it might help you some. Are you getting links to your download files after they are purchased? I still can not. I would be interested to know if you get it working.

Lori

<?php

if ( DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_FILEGROUP_STATUS == 'Yes' ) {

?>

<tr class="<?php echo (!($rows % 2)? 'attributes-even' : 'attributes-odd');?>">

<td class="smallText"></td>

<td class="smallText"><?php echo TABLE_TEXT_FILEGROUP; ?></td>

<td class="smallText"> <select name="filegroup_id">

<?php

$file_groups_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS . " where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by download_group_id");

while ($file_groups = tep_db_fetch_array($file_groups_query)) {

echo '<option name="' . TEXT_OPTION_FILEGROUP . '" value="' . $file_groups['download_group_id'] . '">' . $file_groups['download_group_name'] . '</option>';

}

?>

</select> </td>

</tr>

<?php

}

// EOF Super Download Store v2.3.x mod

?>

</table>

</td>

<td> </td>

</tr>

<?php

} // end of DOWNLOAD_ENABLED section

?>

<?php

}

?>

Hi, I installed this nice contribution, but I have one problem.

On Checkout Success page a download button has this text: IMAGE_BUTTON_DOWNLOAD.

See how it looks like in attachment.

How can I correct this error for my multi-language shop?

Thanks,

Andrej

post-310084-0-30538400-1348349777_thumb.jpg

Like I mentioned before, Chris, when I go to the button folder I cannot find a download button. I only see ic_down.gif and ic_up.gif in that folder. Perhaps I am not the only one with this problem..... I switched to the new button version, but perhaps it would nice to update the download files so it is there.

@@FeisMom

Thank you Lori, I hadn't even considered the button was not included with the download. I have submitted a new package to prevent future users from having the same issues.

Dear Chris,

unfortunately, for the community, you are very messy.

Your work is very professional. But no one can use it.

Please carefully check the file manual_install.rtf. Some of the changes included in the file of the Modified Files folder are not included into manual_install.rtf.

I hope, with your new revision, to be able to install your contribution without tribulation.

Many thanks.

Eduardo

Thank you Chris for your answer.

Button file is missing in your last contribution upload from 20 May 2011. I found it in your first upload from 21 Jan 2011. But still I get the same error.

Then I followed previous suggestion in this thread to change the button to optional text rather than an image:

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

Find:

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_DELETE', 'Delete');

Add the following after:

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_DOWNLOAD', 'Download Now!');

Now it works and I can easily change the text for my three different languages.

Best wishes,

Andrej

@@BFkiUB

Upload the button provided to you in the contribution. It is in the /includes/languages/english/images/buttons/ folder

Chris

Hi Chris, I have one more question.

In Admin / Configuration / Downloads / Order Status Value - the only value that works for me is 2.

Is this OK or is it a problem? Because default is 10 and you said it should not be less than 10.

What is actually "Order Status Value"?

Andrej

@@Eduardo9350

I am am NOT the original contribution creator, I merely updated it for use with v2.3.x. The manual installation instructions are correct. Feel free to submit a revised copy of the contribution if you wish.

Chris

Edited by DunWeb

I have completed the installation of the Super Download Store.

But I am not able to test it.

Please help me.

This is the configuration of the download section:

Enable download true

Download by redirect false

Expiry delay (days) 7

Maximum number of downloads 5

Downloads Controller Update Status Value 12

Downloads Controller Download on hold message &--#60;BR&--#62;&--#60;font color="FF0000"&--#62;NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed&--#60;/font&--#62;

Downloads Controller Order Status Value 10

Enable Group File Download? Yes

HOW DO I OPERATE WHEN I HAVE A FILE SIZE 57 MB?

1) test.pdf is the file name (size 57 MB)

2) I zip the file and his name becomes "test.pdf.zip"

3) I upload by ftp the file in the download folder

4) I go to my store and create a product with Test name

5) I go in Catalog/Products Attributes and organize the following settings:

- in Product Options I insert "Download"

- in Option Values I insert "Zipped pdf file by link"

- in Products Attributes I select "Test" (the file name), "Download" (the Option Name), "Zipped pdf by link" (the Option value)

Please tell me if this procedure is correct and complete.

What should I do to test if it works?

Is absolutely necessary that I should do a real purchase?

Edited by Eduardo9350

The only real way to test that downloads are working is to carry out a test purchase. You could make the price zero, and you should be able to download the product. You could also add a payment method such as cheque payments and see if that works. If you use paypal you may need to sign up for sandbox mode.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@@Eduardo9350

Contributions are just that, FREE code for osCommerce that a member can choose to use or not use. There is NO Manuals available, no tutorial video's and no real support for them.(This thread is all you get and it contains enough information for the average user to install and configure the contribution)

However, there are several options for commercial support for it. Visit my profile for some.

Chris

The only real way to test that downloads are:

Help for free support.

In these days I patched last oscommerce release (2.3.3) with the Super Download Store script together any suggestions that different users have given in the various forum posts.

I installed the entire package at the following url:

http://superdownloadstore.comule.com

It is need to do extensive testing that I am not able to do.

I am willing to send a copy of the script via PM to those who require it to me.

In addition, I will provide also the data access admin side.

When the test is complete, the entire script will be made available to the community free of charge.

Please contact me at the following e-mail: consrc et gmail dot com.