• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to Make Store Width 100% of the Screen

demastermind

I have downloaded a fluid grid, and it seems to work fine, except the fact that the right column is either moved inward towards the center, or the spacing between the center and right column has shrunk. As soon as I change back to the old "solid" grid, the column is fine, where it is supposed to be. Anybody have a clue what might be wrong here? I have no idea if the problem lies with the new fluid grid, of if I have somehow made the logo/header bigger than the rest and it just doesn't show when I use the solid grid (I have changed the "allowed" size of the logo, so a bigger one doesn't mean it gets hidden under everything)

.container_24 {
width: 90%;
margin-left: 4%;
margin-right: 4%;

You still have substantial margins, which will force your content to the right. If you set the width to 100%, you want to make the margins 0:

.container_24 {
width: 100%;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;

Further note that on very wide displays/browser windows, the middle content may become so wide that it is uncomfortable to read such long lines. In that case, you may want to restrict the width of your store to a maximum number of pixels, and center it on the screen:

.container_24 {
width: 100%;
max-width: 1200px;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;

Archived