• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

progress check

pdcelec

yes i like the jquery but in all honesty i could not look at your website for any more than 3 minutes as it was starting to affect my eyes. the red is WAY too bright >_<

i start to see horizontal lines after reading the text, much like white text on black background

had to reduce the brightness on my monitor to give you better feedback.

1. "view current ebay auctions" doesnt look right can you remove the graphic it creates a gap between "current" and "auctions"

2. clicking my account redirects you to account.php but does show the popup, nice touch btw but can you stop it from redirecting to account.php

3. huge gaps between categories in circuit protection on categories menu after selecting circuit protection

4. on index "Main products" category title is inline with the image (not under it) doesnt look right.

5. you have "my account" and "logoff" buttons twice on every page. once in the menu at the very top then second in the templates menu "Home Page / Products / My Account / Logoff"

6. the logo is just awful, sorry. the idea is alright it just looks like its been done in mspaint, all pixily and low quality looking. sorry if that weas the effect you were going for :D

7. as said before the red is way to bright.

8. the font looks childish.

9. the search function on the main page doesnt work. i have to tpye my search in the popup search box again, note also text is overlapping the images on the search popup

if you could please delete my account, customer name is "andrew test"

had to reduce the brightness on my monitor to give you better feedback.

1. "view current ebay auctions" doesnt look right can you remove the graphic it creates a gap between "current" and "auctions"

2. clicking my account redirects you to account.php but does show the popup, nice touch btw but can you stop it from redirecting to account.php

3. huge gaps between categories in circuit protection on categories menu after selecting circuit protection

4. on index "Main products" category title is inline with the image (not under it) doesnt look right.

5. you have "my account" and "logoff" buttons twice on every page. once in the menu at the very top then second in the templates menu "Home Page / Products / My Account / Logoff"

6. the logo is just awful, sorry. the idea is alright it just looks like its been done in mspaint, all pixily and low quality looking. sorry if that weas the effect you were going for :D

7. as said before the red is way to bright.

8. the font looks childish.

9. the search function on the main page doesnt work. i have to tpye my search in the popup search box again, note also text is overlapping the images on the search popup

if you could please delete my account, customer name is "andrew test"

Thanks for feedback. I will be going through the issues that you have highlighted and improve some of them. You have highlighted aspects that I had missed. (hence the reason for posting)

Haven't seen Comic Sans used since 1998. Get rid of the red.

What point in showing the shopping cart infobox if it is empty.

There is two very good threads, "how to make a great oscommerce site" and "how to make an awful oscommerce site" - suggest you read both.

just to let you know paul, i got your email. thanks

Thanks

Please note that I have altered the site considerably and still working on it. Comments welcome but remember that it is not finished. I will post when complete

Version 2 progress

I have made some extensive changes and looking for feedback on the progress so far. Note that the animations are all done with css3 not javascript. I have yet to finish the logo, so ignore that for now.

Archived