• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting Up Paypal Standard

qkzoo

I'm new to setting up an ecommerce website, and am a little confused setting up the PayPal Standard Module, and could use a little assistance. Below are the settings I can change, from the admin "Payments" module:

Enable PayPal Website Payments Standard
False

E-Mail Address
[email protected]

Payment Zone
--none--

Set Preparing Order Status
Preparing [PayPal Standard]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Gateway Server
Live

Transaction Method
Sale

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address
[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments
True

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location
/usr/bin/openssl

1. "Your Private Key" and "Your Public Certificate", how do I go about obtaining these?

2. I downloaded the Paypal Public Certificate. Where should I upload it on my server, and should I rename it something particular? Right now, it's called "blahblah_pem.txt"

3. Where do I get a "Paypal Public Certificate ID"?

4. What am I supposed to plugin for "Working Directory"?

Thanks for any help!

Using HostGator, there is a function under the control panel to create GnuPG Keys. I created one and it gave me a private and public key. Will I need these to setup this module?

Andrew,

The ONLY information needed for PayPal Standard is your paypal email address and you to enable the module (set it to true)

That's it.

Chris

Ok, thank you! A couple more questions, one, after they make their payment, will it redirect back to my site, or stay at the PayPal site. Two, I plan on subscribing to PayPal Pro, so users don't need a PayPal account to make a payment, I assume the questions I had will come into play then?

To get PayPal to redirect back automatically

1. Log into your PayPal account

2. Click Profile>> Website Payment preferences

3. Tick Auto Return On

4. In "Return URL" type https://www.yourdomain.com/checkout_process.php

or whatever is needed to navigate to that page

5. Click Profile>> Instant Payment Notification Preferences

6 Enable this service

7. In "Notification URL" Type http://www.yourdomain.com/ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php

or whatever is needed to navigate to that page

Martin

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Taking this question a little further. I have one PP business account, but would wish to use it for multiple stores. Can this be done with PP Standard and what code would need to be added / taken away?

I have viewed the code changes for a certain file (Paypal_IPN.php) but could not locate that file in the Standard version - any ideas?

Kind regards,

Peter...

Hello all,

Taking this question a little further. I have one PP business account, but would wish to use it for multiple stores. Can this be done with PP Standard and what code would need to be added / taken away?

I have viewed the code changes for a certain file (Paypal_IPN.php) but could not locate that file in the Standard version - any ideas?

Another question / s;

Not sure if this is the correct section to be asking these questions, perhaps an Administrator may wish to move them to a more appropriate area if this is the case?

Regarding the 'Paypal_IPN.php' note above, I am informed that the PP 'Standard_IPN.php' replaces this?

Would changing the paypal settings to allow duplicate order numbers allow me to run multiple stores on one PP business account and would there be any technical problems with this? Anyone???

Going back to the file 'standard_IPN.php', would anyone know, which code to tweak in this file to support multiple stores, for example; inputting a letter / number within an invoice field? I may have viewed the necessary code changes for Paypal_IPN.php but the code appears different in standard_IPN.php???

Tearing my hair out here...

Kind regards,

Peter...