• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error: The maximum number of login attempts has been reached. Please try again in 5 minutes.

drillsar

Do you have a htaccess login?

If so the 2 logins have to be the same

If you have a different one for your osC login go to your database via phpMyAdmin and empty your administrators table now go back to login enter the same user_name and password as your htacess when you set up the new administrator you should now be able to login

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

You would know if you had it, you would be asked for it before the page loaded with the osC login - it protects the directory.

Try just emptying the administrators table and putting in a new user/password as above

Remember that everything is case sensitive user and password

BTW I'm answering this assuming that your site is on line - not on your computer using WAMP or XAMPP

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Finn, I'm sorry to say I haven't as I gave up on XAMPP within about a couple of hours and built online, I'm not sure if anyone else has managed anything...

I did try an install on XAMPP as well as trying to upgrade but it errored saying the permissions were set wrong and that was as far as I got - might get back yo it over the holidays

I can't login either.

I've tried many things - no success.

There are a couple other threads discussing this issue. I did a fresh install of 2.3.1 and I tried fixing the code in catalog/install/templates/pages/install_4.php and admin/login.php - didn't work.

I tried truncating and clearing the database table for the admin name and password - didn't work.

I don't see any info in my admin/.htaccess or admin/.htpasswd_oscommerce (in fact this file is blank) I have no idea how these passwords are supposed to match, if the file is blank.

Help please - this is because my site got hacked - and after sanitizing, upgrading and other security measures, this ANNOYING issue crops up - SIGH.

Thanks in advance - please understand I am frustrated - and need this done yesterday. Arg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Deleted the osCommerce installation and started over with a new database. It worked for about an hour then the error message came up when I tried to log in again, and now it won't let me log in, no matter how long I wait.

Having this same issue. Not using htaccess and I am 100% sure I have the correct username/pw combo.

Deleted the osCommerce installation and started over with a new database. It worked for about an hour then the error message came up when I tried to log in again, and now it won't let me log in, no matter how long I wait.

Here's how I got around this problem:

Make a user account for the site

Go to that user using the data base and copy the password(encrypted)

Go to the admins and delete the existing admins

Add a new Admin and paste the encrypted password to the password entry.

Now go to the admin login and sign in using that password.

Worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I know that quite frustrating......

got workaround..............

login to database and delete all the entries from action_recorder table for the user id(for which login is failing)....

let me know if that helps........... :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Cleared passwords and usernames, created new ones, started over from mydomain.com/catalog/install ... and NOTHING.

Still the same error, and I have the right password!!

The only thing I was not able to find was the action_recorder table.

I wonder if part of the issue is in my administrators table. I had to create myself as it wasn't automatically generated. What is the query for it?

this is what I found:

CREATE TABLE administrators (

id int NOT NULL auto_increment,

user_name varchar(255) binary NOT NULL,

user_password varchar(60) NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (id)

);

any comments?

• 3 weeks later...

Cleared passwords and usernames, created new ones, started over from mydomain.com/catalog/install ... and NOTHING.

Still the same error, and I have the right password!!

I`ve had this issue too, its due to a bug in the actionRecorderAdmin class I`ve not looked into that but this workaround solves the issue:

in login.php find:

if ($actionRecorder->canPerform()) { 

replace with:

if (1 == 1) { 

Note this does also disable recording the logins, someone needs to find the bug to avoid that! :huh:

PS deleting all the entries from action_recorder table doesn't help the issue.

I`ve had this issue too, its due to a bug in the actionRecorderAdmin class I`ve not looked into that but this workaround solves the issue:

in login.php find:

replace with:

if (1 == 1) { 

Note this does also disable recording the logins, someone needs to find the bug to avoid that! :huh:

PS deleting all the entries from action_recorder table doesn't help the issue.

I`ve sorted the precise issue (in my case anyway)

The problem is caused by removing the module Administration Tool Login from Modules -> Action Recorder.

Once that is done nothing will change, until your session expires, when your login WILL fail as the actionRecorderAdmin class will now always return null values so your credentials will never be checked!!

You now can't fix as you cant login to re-install the module!!

My solution:

in login.php find:

replace with:

if ($actionRecorder->canPerform() || !tep_not_null($actionRecorder->_module)) {

That should be the end of the matter!! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Hi

I have the same problem. Am unable to log-in "reached maximum number of log-in attemps" etc.

I did a fresh install of 2.3 into a different folder from my old install of 2.2.

I could log-in to the new one once. Since then, can't log-in at all.

I've tried every one of the workarounds kindly posted in this thread & none of them are working for me.

I don't know if this helps, but, my original 2.2 admin page now 'looks strange', yet works.

PLEASE does anyone have any ideas on how I can log-in to my fresh install?

Thanks, Tina

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same issue and this fixed it.

Can someone please update the admin/login.php with this fix so others will not have this problem in the future.

Thanks and thanks for everyone's help. Non computer literate ppl as myself really appreciate it! :)

I`ve sorted the precise issue (in my case anyway)

The problem is caused by removing the module Administration Tool Login from Modules -> Action Recorder.

Once that is done nothing will change, until your session expires, when your login WILL fail as the actionRecorderAdmin class will now always return null values so your credentials will never be checked!!

You now can't fix as you cant login to re-install the module!!

My solution:

in login.php find:

replace with:

if ($actionRecorder->canPerform() || !tep_not_null($actionRecorder->_module)) {

That should be the end of the matter!! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm bumping this.......................I so need help :blush:

Please see post above.

Thanks

Tina

Hi Tina,

Just saw your post..... Did you manage to come right??

Nic

I used to be indecisive....but, now I just don't know anymore.

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread but had to add:

Joe234 hit it on the mark. I have read every thread and googled this problem finally finding this thread.

Joe234 - you sure made my life easier.

thanks

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Archived