osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Theme Switcher

kymation

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Jim,

I'm hoping to use your module but I'm getting this error:

1364 - Field 'configuration_value' doesn't have a default value

insert into configuration ( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function ) values ( 'Version: 1.4.2', 'MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_THEME_SWITCHER_VERSION', '6', '0', '', 'tep_cfg_do_nothing(' ) 

[TEP STOP]

I saw your posts about this. Do you think you'll post a fix for this soon? I'm looking forward to using Theme Switcher.

By the way, I'm running MySQL 5.0.10

Kind regards,

-Jackie

I have a fix for that bug, and the next one that shows up if you fix that. I'll try to get some testing done and post a version for you to try.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

OK, try this module file. Just replace the one in the package you have. I tested this on PHP 5.4.6 and MySQL 5.5.37, so it should work for your version.

Note that this was developed on osCommerce 2.3.4, so you will need to adjust the filenames if you are using an older version. This version uses minified versions of all the jQuery files, so it's looking for jquery-1.11.1.min.js, jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.js, and jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.css. Or whatever version numbers you're using. Edit your filenames as appropriate.

Regards

Jim

Thank you for your quick response!

I'm working with osCommerce 2.3.4. So, I'm good there.

Now I'm getting this error:

1364 - Field 'date_added' doesn't have a default value

insert into configuration ( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function ) values ( '', 'MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_THEME_SWITCHER_JQUERY_TEST', '', '', '6', '7', 'tep_jquery_check', 'tep_cfg_do_nothing(' ) 

[TEP STOP]

Thank you for your help. I realize you haven't had to modify your module in a while. I sincerely appreciate your support.

Kind regards,

-Jackie

I've updated the file at the same location with a fix for the latest bug. This one still shows a problem on my test system, but it may work on yours. Please let me know if it does. Or if it does not, of course.

Regards

Jim

That one was a pain. Fix one bug that exposes another. Fix that one and four more show up. Oh well, that should keep us until the next major PHP/MySQL upgrade.

Thanks for testing my patches. It always helps to have other people with different software to check for compatibilities.

Regards

Jim

That one was a pain. Fix one bug that exposes another. Fix that one and four more show up. Oh well, that should keep us until the next major PHP/MySQL upgrade.

Thanks for testing my patches. It always helps to have other people with different software to check for compatibilities.

The developer blues  :P

sorry could not resist hahah :thumbsup:

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

I've uploaded a new version to the usual location. It contains the above bugfixes and an updated User's Manual. There are no functional changes, just bugfixes, so there's no need to upgrade if your current installation is working.

Regards

Jim

Both were compressed by 7zip, although at different times. Maybe it's something to do with the osCommerce server. Try downloading this copy on my server.

If that doesn't work I'll try a different compression method.

Regards

Jim

That's good. I was wondering if there was some obscure error in the package. Thanks for letting me know.

Regards

Jim

I've updated the package to include the new /includes/template_top.php from osCommerce 2.3.4. Anybody using an older version of osC should really update, but can also just use version 1.4.3 of this Addon.

Regards

Jim

Does this Theme Switcher Addon help in any way to allow the shopper to switch languages?

I see the osCommerce Admin Tools to define localization of currency, language, order status to be English, Deutsch/German, Espa-ol/Spanish, and French. I see the Includes folders for each Language.

It sure would be nice to have a drop-down or flag picker that lets the shopper switch the shopping interface to those language directories, currencies, and order status, but still use the site's existing customer, address book, order history, and admin etc.

Anybody have a solution to that effect?

No, the theme switcher has nothing to do with languages. There's a language box in stock osCommerce that does what you are describing. Look in your Admin under Modules >> Boxes, and click Install.

Regards

Jim